PC American And Australian Routes Coming To Tsw!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SD40Australia-Daniel, Oct 18, 2018.

1. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

As a private developer or in partnership (not yet approved) with DTG, who would like to see some American and Australian routes come to TSW?

Also the possibility for Japanese and New Zealand routes as well.

With the advent of the tools for TSW it is going to be all systems go.

SD40Australia-Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  2. SD40Australia-Daniel

Does Southern - Southwest USA, like Texas to California, mean much to anyone? High speed freighters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I would like it.

4. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused, have DTG announced an Australian route for TSW? The title suggests that to me. If not then this thread probably needs moving to the Content Suggestions and Proposals section.

• Like Like x 2
  5. railroader

railroader New Member

Class 1 American freight main line would be great. hope to see one in the fulture.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Way to clickbait with that title.

• Like Like x 8
  7. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I pretty much only run American Routes. I would be happy to see anything new, however I think we are overdue for a Midwestern Route, we have plenty of "Mountain Pass" steep grade routes.

I would really love to see my local route which is the UP line between St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri, or at least the section between Jefferson City and either one, and I would be more than willing to help with information such as pictures, videos, local information such as town names, control point names etc as I live here.

Another route that I think would be interesting is the section of the BNSF Transcon that runs through Missouri.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SD40Australia-Daniel

This is the kind of ideas and suggestions we need.

How long is the section between Jefferson and either St Louis or KC? What are the speed limits? Videos would be helpful.

I want to do a Texas and Midwest route and have some Australian routes planned.

I think Union Pacific seems to be a good railroad for Rail enthusiasts.

The BNSF Transcon, is that the one where the Amtrak train from Chicago passes through Kansas City?

I am looking to produce an Australian route that is more outback at first, letting us see some iconic things.

What do you think are the biggest selling points of a Midwestern route? Does it have lots of grain/seasonal trains?

I was making the Illinois route here for TS2019: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950260383 which has about 20 miles of modest completion. It has a kind of 'Midwest' feel to it.

9. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I think a midwestern route would just add some nice variety, usually every town has a grain elevator that needs serviced, along with other industry in larger cities. Usually more high speed running, I often hear complaints about the slow speeds required in mountain areas. And something different would be nice, seems like almost every route is either large city, or a steep up and down a mountain route.

The UP line that I mentioned has 4 daily Amtrak trains, basically 2 trains run between St. Louis and Kansas City every day, there are a lot of small towns along the way with station stops and tons of industry to service. Jefferson City has 2 industrial spurs, 1 with even a small section of street running. Sadly there are currently only 3 industries being serviced on the larger section, but years ago there were over a dozen, I see no reason why these industries could not be brought back to life in a simulator.

Heading west out of St. Louis the mile post begins at 0 when leaving the TRAA, which BTW there is another great post all about the TRAA in another thread. When you reach Jefferson City you are at Milepost 124, this section is all double track and follows the Missouri River quite a bit and goes through several towns. You Leave Jefferson City at around Milepost 129, here the double track splits into two single track lines that both end up in Kansas City but are separated by several miles, so this section would be more work but almost like 2 routes in one, both ending in the same locations, one route again follows the Missouri River quite a bit, both routes merge around Milepost 277. Speed limits vary, usually 70 is the max for passenger, 60 for freight, but there are reductions for curves etc.

I have quite a few photos from the area I'm more than happy to share, and I have a few videos, I'm more into photos than video, but I'll be willing to do my best to get you video of certain areas if that is helpful.

Would you like me to post them here or off list?

I don't have time this moment but I'll try to work on this during the next few days.

Yes the BNSF Transcon does run the Amtrak from Chicago to KC then on to LA. There is a very popular live webcam at the station stop of LaPlata.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  10. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

No he will devolop the routes himself. Like he says in the OP

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Australias intercity train between Sydney and Melbourne?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SD40Australia-Daniel

The XPT? Well it only runs at 160 kph and it doesn't run fast near Sydney due to mountains. Also I am considering a freight line in Australia but not between these capital cities. It is standard gauge though.