Unable To Pan/move The Camera Around In Some Internal Snap-views?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

As the title says, in some trains when changing the internal camera to the different pre-sets such as looking at an MFD screen or circuit breaker panel I'm unable to pan the camera around to select anything.

This only effects certain locos and certain internal views but it's highly annoying when it does happen.

The BR187 is a good example, you're unable to manipulate the camera via the controller when using the internal snap-views of the BR187 this makes it impossible to manipulate the display screens in a close up view.

Is there anyway around this or to maybe "unlock" the view via a Keyboard if I plug one in? This is using immersion controls but effects both control schemes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

If you're using classic controls click the stick (I forget which one) to enable freelook, click again to turn it off

Alternatively switch to Immersion controls

3. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Thanks for the ideas, unfortunately as my post above says I'm using Immersion controls and this issue effects both control schemes when it happens.

4. FredElliott

Missed that bit, I blame tired eyes

So the method I mentioned was actually for TSW1, as when you click whichever stick it is, you're able to then move a reticle around in the same manner as a mouse, which would circumvent this issue

I've just been trying this with a random sample of trains including the 187. I also tried 1972 stock, Class 375 and BR 442. The tin can was fine, as was the 375 on all camera views, but I had the same issue on the 187, and on the 442 the camera is locked to a small degree of movement on the MFD. I would probably say its an oversight from TSW1 as I mentioned above with the moveable cursor. I don't have any of the newest German routes or trains to test it on though, eg. whatever comes with Tharandter Rampe

So on my limited testing I would say it primarily affects German trains with MFDs. Probably worth raising a bug ticket for it

5. FredElliott

Forgot to add, I fiddled with the keyboard, tried every key, but nothing unlocked any camera movement beyond what I said. Interestingly though, I did find that pressing F1 hides the entire HUD, and F3 gives you a live frame counter. All other keys seem to function the same as the PC version, though oddly numpad keys won't change cameras, only the top row numbers do that

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have been posting about this ever since immersion controls did away with the moveable cursor. I’ve asked that the preservation crew unlock all the fixed cameras in old locos and for the devs to make sure when they make new locos or new versions of old ones and all new locos that the cameras are fully moveable because on some locos they don’t move far enough for the centre dot to reach all the controls. Unfortunately, these changes haven’t been done to old locos which means the internal camera views are still pointless (pun not intended) for all console users.

7. stevegad

stevegad Member

All of the exterior cameras have been nerfed too. In TSW3 I'd use the No3 exterior cam at the back of the consist, to zoom way, way out so I was looking down on the entire length of the consist. It was so cool to be able to see ahead for miles. This has now been hobbled, so it moves around 50 yards back and 20 high. I'm not happy with this at all.