Game Update Train Sim World 3 - 15th September Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 15, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

[​IMG]

We hope you’re enjoying your first experiences of Train Sim World 3. We’ve been delighted to see all your amazing Railfan Shots, feedback, and experiences so far whilst playing the game.

As you can expect our next Roadmap at the start of October, we wanted to provide a quick update as to what we’re doing to improve Train Sim World 3 over the coming weeks and months. The list below is not exhaustive, but contains some quality-of-life and improvements we’ve seen suggested by you since launch that are coming in the next patch.

(and there is good news on Add-ons Manager and Save Game too!)

Read on to find out more: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/player-update-tsw3-week-2

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 26
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Oooh, a new article! It’s been a while… can’t wait to read it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DTG JD

blimey, you folks are quick :D

• Like Like x 6
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

We aim to please ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Great stuff happy to hear save game progress and partial release.

6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Good to see feedback has not only been listened to but acted on. Chuffed to see the fog issue fix on CJP so quickly as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I was watching a stream while it posted.

great great news! Especially the save game and the add on manager. Awesome birthday present.

thank you DTG!!!! Can’t wait for the update and toggle save games on.

awesome work gents

• Like Like x 1
  8. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Curious, what will the audio update for the 375 be? Is it simply just adding back the deceleration sounds, or are there other changes in there as well?

9. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

No fix for the Sifa problem with gamepads?

10. DTG JD

It lists them below - annoying the website doesn't like indents...

• Improved 375 audio
      • Reduced rain audio when inside the cab with windows and doors shut
      • Traction motors should now be audible during deceleration

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG JD

It's known about, and is potentially on the list, but current round of testing hasn't been successful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

So is the add-on manager ever coming to PC? We were told it might improve memory issues on all platforms.

13. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

For the achievements... does that include a fix for Mastery on the Isle of Wight (Tier 1 can't be achieved on TSW2 or TSW3 as it won't recognize any timetable completed after the first).

14. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Are achievements overall being looked into? Good to hear the 465 fix but as I play on there's more achievements not unlocking.

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good news on the save game, looks like my pessimism on this matter was unfounded. Hopefully once the date is known, this can be announced over and above the periodicity of the Roadmap.

Unless it's buried under a more encompassing umbrella, attention now needs to turn to the adaptive eye feature for those of us finding it rather insidious and washed out on the new routes.

Also Spirit Of Steam physics need to be addressed as do the ongoing and apparently carried over unsolicited SPADs affecting freight movements from Gresty via the Independent Lines in the Down direction.

• Like Like x 5
  16. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

No fixes for the two broken tutorials - M7 on LIRR and 442 from SKA?

17. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Any update on the PIS boards being to large for the 375?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alexenyanna

Alexenyanna New Member

What about SandPatch derail bug?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, seems like good news on the save game front, though I'm always cautious when there's no approximate time for release.

Hate to be cynical, but all this " progress " they're making on the core save game issues could have been achieved several years ago. But better late than never, I suppose. Water under the bridge, as they say.

The eye adaptation they could eliminate as far as I'm concerned, does nothing to enhance my immersion.

Nothing specifically about fine-tuning the dynamic weather or eliminating
    the exit crash that some have mentioned and I'm now getting.

Good to see, though, that they're continuing to look at ways to improve the TSW3 routes and that the PC fixes might be coming to TSW2.

20. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I think it’s because they plan to roll it out with the first fix. This said to be in testing. Then they gotta roll it out. Hopefully it’s before october

21. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I would be ecstatic about the Download Manager finally getting released, apart from the fact I have ported my Profile to TSW3 so there is no point playing TSW2 anymore :mad:

I'm shocked that the fix was not part of the codebase for TSW3 as it was being developed, then only the last tweaks would need adding / testing.

Have we got an approximate timescale for this to be ported accross so thoose of us that continue to support the game can finally benefit from it?

• Like Like x 1
  22. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Broken Journey mode on Horsehoe would be great to be addressed please…

23. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Add ons manager coming to a dead game before the latest release is a proper fart move

• Like Like x 2
  24. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

It's not a dead game some people haven't purchased tsw 3 so it's desperately needed for those still playing tsw 2 we've only been waiting over a year

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We should be thankful for any fixes that come and of course there will still be more things that need fixing.

I’m hoping a shortcut to the search field will be added to the timetable selection page on consoles (like in TSW2) at the earliest opportunity to avoid having to scroll for ages to get to it. It’s present on other pages that have a search bar in TSW3 so I’m assuming it was just an oversight that meant it was left out on the timetable page but to me this issue is as important as the save game.

• Like Like x 4
  26. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I consider it a highly positive sign that they plan to provide the promised fixes for TSW2.

27. DTG JD

As a quick note to the 'where is XYZ' comments further up in the thread - not everything is listed there, and we'll be prioritising improvements to TSW3 core content first up, rather than Legacy routes (there may be other stuff drip-fed, but that will be on a bit-by-bit basis).

This will likely take some investigation - but can you link me to a thread which has more information?

• Like Like x 1
  28. DTG JD

We weren't seeing any positive impact at the moment, so didn't want to overcomplicate things. That may change in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  29. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Out of interest, when will the full patch list be released?

30. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

JD, does the "Improved 375 audio" include removing the loud wind noise with the right window open? If the sound is satisfactory, will it extend to the other electrostars (377 SN [ECW/LBN] and 387 GX [LBN])?
    I made a compilation of videos for the appreciation of the technical team, I hope it helps.

In addition, there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel regarding trains stuck in the middle, but it is still seen in Dresden Riesa, as in the example below, I also saw a Class 395 stuck in Stratford, on the first TGV service on SEHS [Ebbsfleet - St Pancras], as it also remains with the same problem in Harlen Line, can you check please?

• Like Like x 2
  31. tcmikaelsouza

Thank you for this article, I think it's essential to keep everyone well informed periodically, as much as possible, so we feel less abandoned and that you are working on our questions.

• Like Like x 1
  32. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Great update. Glad to hear the add on manager is almost here since I’m at the point where I’ve hit the 64gb limit even after removing all my “don’t play often” routes… fingers crossed it is a smooth release and doesn’t bring new problems.

• Like Like x 1
  33. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

34. Brendan Millea

Brendan Millea Member

We sure are!

35. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Glad to see the achievements for TSW2, DTG JD any chance you can run through which ones you know about? Because I’ve reported a couple from Horseshoe Curve that have only recently stopped working on PS5 (for more than just me) and I’m hoping either yourselves or Skyhook are aware and investigating. Thanks.

36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This is not something I'm longing for. The current UI is good enough for me.
    If you're on PC and you have the requisite amount of RAM ( => 16GB ) you shouldn't need it.

37. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG JD

Yes, it's not obvious in the article due to the indenting, but the two points below the 'improved audio' relate to the 375 (including the wind noises).

Backporting to previous locos isn't in the current plan, but it might be something we do in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Dangit, totally forgot about the stream today. A week of covid misery has me distracted.

Very nice article and list of fixes. Only glaring omission is mention of the derail problem. After running into it a couple of times after it was introduced, I've only gone into TSW2 once in the months since, to establish whether it was still there after a patch (yup). It's just too frustrating. I totally agree that dealing with the save bug should take precedence if that's what's happening, but some word would be nice.

40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Fixing the wind noise on the 375 is good news. Hopefully the 377 on BML will get fixed too as it has the exact same issue as the 375, sadly.

• Like Like x 6
  41. DTG JD

We're in the 'gathering information' stage at the moment - we're using this as a guide, which a player has helpfully started to collate for us: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/broken-achievements-tsw-3.58833/

• Like Like x 1
  42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The 387 too.

Hopefully it’s a quick fix, because they really need it.

• Like Like x 3
  43. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

That'll be a "No" then for anyone who doesn't speak "Marketing".

• Like Like x 3
  44. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I swear when London Commuter came out DTG said that they'd add the improved 377 sounds to the East Coastway version in the future, yet here we are a whole year later. This doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Like Like x 3
  45. tcmikaelsouza

JD, thanks for the feedback, but I kindly ask you to analyze the possibility, because as you can see the claim of improving the sounds of 377 SN and 387 GX in LBN is quite old (Since launch), the external sound was really beautiful, however when they announced that the 375 SE would have updated sounds I was afraid he would have the same sound problems inside the cabin, and that's what happened, I don't know if you would have a lot of work, but I think it's worth considering, because I don't think it's fair to take the sound LBN base and improve only in SEHS, and we have already requested improvements for LBN that have not come so far.

The colleague above mentioned that the sounds would also be updated in ECW, but I suffer from the same fear I had of having the sounds messed up in ECW as well. If you base yourself on the external sound that is perfect in SEHS/LBN, and if you base yourself on the internal sound of ECW their sound will be perfect, and you could update all the electrostars line that we will surely love.

• Like Like x 2
  46. tcmikaelsouza

I'm doing 1C38 (17:16) in journey mode at Ahsford International, and I noticed that this station doesn't have lighting at night, can you check please?

47. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think you will find this is because station lighting in TSW is not dynamic to the diurnal cycle. Comes on at set times (possibly 1800).

48. tcmikaelsouza

Hello, friend, good morning. I suspected this was it as I arrived at Strafford Intl and realized the same issue, thanks. It is quite complicated to drive in the late afternoon in bad weather, as visibility is practically zero, as well as at night the lighthouse does not help much, it only illuminates very well inside the tunnels.

49. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, I wont be ever able to save a route form TWS2 or earlier?
    Also I am having lots of chrashes when i am trying to spawn on foot/ a service very early in the morning.

I am also getting abysmal frame rates around Ebbsfleet international e.g. took 4 minutes to get from the ram to the start of the platform at 130 kph.

50. tcmikaelsouza

Friend, the save option is disabled for all TSW3, read the article and you will understand better how DTG plans the return of this function.

I suffer from the same problem of slowness and lag as you in SEHS, it's a very long, complex line and maybe that explains the slowness, I use PS4 fat.