Feedback And Tips Migrating From Tsw2 And Profile Transfer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nepclassof84, Sep 16, 2022.

1. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I was able to get up and running on TSW3 very very quickly and easily from TSW2. This is on an Xbox series x. DTG did an excellent job.

Make sure you read the downloading article here first. It helped out a great deal.

First thing I did was go into TSW2 manage game and viewed all of my add ons. I wrote each one of them down to check after I moved to TSW3.

Then I downloaded TSW3 core game. After downloading it do not boot up the game right away. Instead choose to manage the game and view the add ons. It seemed at first glance they were there. I selected all and chose install. This added them all to my queue immediately (all 44 of them). This includes the TSW2 core routes.

after they installed I went down the list again and compared them to my old TSW2 list. Some of the names changed slightly but it wasn’t hard to tell which was which.

I noted two items not listed
    Class 465
    New Journeys Expansion

then I booted the game. When you do it will first ask you to sign into dove tail games. Use your credentials you use to sign in here. Very easy and fast.

then it wants you to choose your identify. This is your tsw3 profile. If you are importing your profile from tsw2 this has to be a different name. I was sweating this because I want to keep my old profile name. Here’s the tip. It doesn’t matter what you choose. When you import the profile from tsw2 you KEEP the old name. So my profile name hasn’t changed. Even better the transfer was nearly instantaneous.

I then went through the routes I have and everything transferred. My level, ability points, and route progress was there. I was amazed to see all 539 gold medals all scenario completions all route task completions. Brilliant.

I had no problems with the old UI but the new UI is even better. I had little trouble finding anything.

the white vs gray selections took a small amount of time to get used to but once you realize what is what it’s no problem.

I then checked my loco roster and found the class 465. Don’t fret if you don’t see it in the add ons. It’s apparently in the core game now.

I haven’t checked the route expansion pack. I’ll find it eventually I’m thinking.

last but not least I went through the settings. It’s well laid out. If you want to use yards rather than feet it was east to find the setting and change it.

now you may be asking why am I posting this and not playing the game? I had to go into the store and get a couple routes the baby bullet and the m3 for the lirr. They are downloading now and hopefully are done.

I’m going to now go into the training center. Find Matt’s headphones and look up down left and right one more time for posterity. The rest of my day will be pure rail fanning bliss.

top notch DTG! So far i am impressed.

2. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

The new journeys expansion is not yet available which will be why you don't yet have it downloaded. It is coming at a later date.