Ps5 Dlc Limit Fix.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FallenAngel00me, Sep 13, 2022.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Any news on when it's going to be ready? With TSW3 I can fit even fewer routes than on tsw2...

• Like Like x 4
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I can only have 13 routes installed. Simply ridiculous considering there are 38 routes available.
    We have been waiting for a year, WE WANT SOLUTIONS NOW!!!!

• Like Like x 11
  3. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

This on another thread from JD earlier today

“I can't give timeframes, as they're still actively being worked on and still require work on them, testing, putting into builds, and releasing.
    • Add-ons Manager will likely be the first to release - for TSW2 first, most likely, and then TSW3” No timeframe mentioned, so it might be another year that we are waiting :mad:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

TSW3 is supposed to be an improved product but for PS5 users , that is not the case

• Like Like x 5
  5. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

Yet another reason TSW2.5 should have been delayed until all these issues are hashed out. I wish they had spent more time on SOS and released that as one of the new routes because already having SOS and SEHS leaves me with little interest in upgrading as the two other routes on offer look very boring, especially having been burned with US freight routes before.

• Like Like x 2
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Shoulda, Would, could didnt ok. TSW 3 is here buy it or don't simple as.
    The wait for and the lack of the dlc manager is so frustrating at the moment that is the major problem for me. The German and US routes are ok. But its just so frustrating that the PS players cannot get into the game because of the dlc manager not being available.
    I have 66.xx gb of stuff installed so can no longer download any of next weeks final dlc until this manager is released . So frustrating.

Hentis

• Like Like x 5
  7. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Notice that despite the fact they say they monitor these forums nobody from DTG has responded to this thread.

From missing the information supplied by Sony about the limit before the PS5 was even released to now is over a year and still no solution.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antony.henley

Hi SBos,

They do monitor the forum. I posted the below post yesterday and I did get a response. Not one us PS5 players really had hoped for but none the less a reply .

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/here-we-go-again-sigh.59391/

Hentis

9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

OK but that is no update at all. Same thing that’s been said for weeks. Remember when they said they were going to fix the issues before working on anything new after the Spirit Of Steam but they forgot to mention TSW3. Nothing changes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I can provide you with an update: that we're still investigating those issues which caused us to delay the launch.

Probably not what you want to hear, but that's where we are in terms of an update.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

No it’s not what we want to hear given you have had more than a year to deal with this issue. Excuse after excuse, delay after delay and still PS5 users are still unable to have access to all their routes. You knew about this issue even before the console was released and what you should have done was to advise prospective buyers of the console about the issue which you should have known about from the information supplied by Sony.

Of course numbers wise I suspect the actual number playing on the PS5 is quite small given there are still availability problems so unlikely to be top priority.

12. DTG JD

I'm not sure that's an entirely fair reflection of the situation, but I'm not going to debate because I understand the frustration.

From an internal perspective, I know how much time has gone into concepting, creating, and testing this so far. I know it's been a long time in the works, but it's not through lack of effort or focus. This is a bespoke solution that connects with the core of the game, so is a complex beast.

I know it's frustrating. Alongside Save Game these are our two top priorities related to the core game at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
  13. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

FTFY

Ranting like this helps noone, especially at poor DTG JD. I would like to see the DLC fix as much as anyone since I reached it on TSW2 ages ago, but as Hentis said, "coulda woulda shoulda" won't get it fixed any quicker

• Like Like x 4
  14. DTG JD

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

At the end of the day the anger should be sent to Sony support not DTG. If Microsoft can manage to have games with no DLC limit then there should be no reason why Sony can’t fix this at the console level.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

The decision to have the 3 TSW3 routes as separate DLCs hasn't helped. Should have been like tsw2 and put all 3 in and then lock ones that users haven't purchased. Would have saved 20+GBs.

Glad to hear it's getting closer and there's at least a time frame. The last year has been a pain having to delete and redownload

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

There is a short term simple solution...
    Have TSW2 installed for routes you play every now and then and TSW3 installed for your favourite routes

*** Runs and hides behind sofa waiting for flack ***

18. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Not being funny but this limit placed by Sony could be because some companies like DTG keep doing endless DLC's without thinking about the consequences

Look at DTG's claims regarding the add on manager. Expecting to save around 500mb of RAM resulting in fewer out of memory crashes, particularly on gen 8 machines.

Now when you consider that any system crash could possibly cause operating system problems, is it really surprising that Sony act to force a developer to stop producing software that could potentially brick our consoles.

So maybe the question should be why did MS not actually followed suit

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Could mod delete this post. Duplicate

20. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

My plan for Tuesday was to park my US routes and British vintage on TSW2 with Germany and modern British on TSW3… but even that might blow the limit (just Kassel Wurzburg is like 10gb).

21. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

PS5 and Xbox since XB1 run hypervisors so that statement is completely baseless. What's being referred to is running out of RAM that has been allocated by the hypervisor to running the game, which at worst crashes the hypervisor. That's not to say OS crashes can't happen, but games in and of themselves cannot interact directly with the OS or hardware and brick anything

• Like Like x 1
  22. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

That lest the end is getting closer now with it coming out on tsw2 this coming week so hopefully not long it it's it's on tsw3 I thinking around the start of October for tsw3 looking at the article from Thursday said more new on October road map

23. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

It looks like they are only just starting to port it TSW apparently it interfaces differently with DLC so they can't just copy the paste the code.

Although we haven't been given a timescale yet I would be shocked if it's out by Christmas. The Roadmap simply said it would be added to TSW3 "soon", which is a very nonspecific timeframe and open to interpretation. My uninformed guess would be by Easter 2023 if we're lucky.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  24. antony.henley

Just in case you didn't see the information. This was dated September 16th.

Add-ons Manager
    As the roll-out of PlayStation TSW Compatible content continues , we’re (rightly) getting a lot of questions about the progress of the Add-ons Manager.
    Hot off the press today is that we are happy the most recent build is in a good state to release for Train Sim World 2 in an update next week, and work can begin porting this to TSW3 and testing it immediately. This will be for console players only.
    For PlayStation 5 players, this should enable you to download your entire libraries again on TSW2 – for all other players, you might experience an improvement on the amount of crashes you see (particularly on 8th-generation consoles and if you have a lot of Add-ons downloaded).
    Thank you for being patient as we’ve been bringing this bespoke, complex solution to you – the end is in sight!
    We hope you’ve found this short update informative. We’ll aim to bring you a more comprehensive Roadmap at the start of October.

25. mattchester#9176

I did see that thanks, but for me the key phrase is, "work can begin ... immediately". Starting it is great but there is no estimation of how long this process is likey to take.

26. antony.henley

I dont think (where's the fingers crossed emoji when ever you want it) it will be long.

Hentis

27. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

If you watched the live stream from DTG Thursday night (still available to watch on YouTube), they mentioned that the port of the add-ons manager from TSW2 to TSW3 will take considerably less time to make available.

28. mattchester#9176

Considerably less than the year it's taken so far might still be a a long time. My (uninformed) guess is three to six months.

I naively took the initial "soon after launch" announment to mean a week or two!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Like the CRR SD40 horn coming soon™ after release :)

30. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

I loaded up the forum today to post about the fact I seem to have lost 2 routes/locos from my PS5 install (even though they are showing as installed) - only to remember that it's prob down to this 64GB DLC limit!?
    Whatever the reasons for this it is insane that this still hasn't been fixed. I'm now left having to manually decide what to install/delete. I would have thought something like this would take priority over releasing anymore DLC or even TSW3 itself - seriously guys, this is not acceptable!

31. antony.henley

The DLC manager has been released for TSW 2 on the PS5, They are now porting it over to the TSW 3 for the PS5 and Xbox series of consoles. Have a read of the news.

Hentis