Minor Class 395 Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DEXCON, Sep 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Hello everyone,

I'm loving the new SEHS route extension and what the audio team have done with the trains. However I've still noticed a few bugs with the class 395. I'm playing on PC and this happens all the time.

- The wiper speed selection doesn't work properly. When you select 10 and 40 you'll get the right speeds. However when you select the 60, it will move at the same speed when using the 40.
    - The wiper sounds are very loud. It dominates pretty much every sound. I don't know if this is a real life thing but it seems a little bit to loud.
    - The guage brightness looks very strang when you are driving through a tunnel or night. With the low setting, you can't see the brake pipe needle properly.
    - The blue door close button iluminates before the doors are closed.
    - The compressor sound is missing and the resevoir fills up way to quickly.
    - When you select the fan speed in the cab, you can't hear any change in sound because of the fans speeding up and the wind blowing. Would be nice to have the sounds there when you turn on the AC.
    - When there is an oncoming train, you don't hear the sound of the train passing by.

So far, these are the things I've noticed.

Have a great day!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

The horn at high speed sounds really weird.
    It’s quite funny. Sounds like a dying sheep.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Found another one, when 1 door is opend, the door close/interlock will still illuminate.

4. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I know DTG should have fixed all of this but they’re problems carried over from TSW2 that haven’t been addressed sadly. Might I suggest you get these two mods that address many of these issues and improve the route immeasurably IMHO. I’ve got a final version of mine to come that remixes both the wiper and aircon fan audio in the 395 to more bearable levels which will be available today or tomorrow (the audio is done but I want to just have one more version of the mod).

Both mods will live happily alongside each other.

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...955-sehs-enhancement-pack-tsw3-compatible-v30

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...w-3-south-eastern-high-speed-updated-enhanced

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

The last version of my edits (probably, never say never) are up now with the audio changes for the Class395. Hope it helps.

Highly recommend you use it with London Midland’s mod as he’s done a grand job with the 395 gauge night lighting.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Finally I've had some time to pay again and use the mods you've suggested. Loving it! It's great to see that there are some talented people (NOT suggesting that there aren't any talented DTG staff members) fixing some of the bugs that are present. Thank you!

However I still wonder how it's possible that these issues are being fixed by a few people in a relative short amount of time and that the developers of the game are not.

I'm still finding bugs with the 395. The DSD (I think because I am well under the speed limit implied by TVM) will go off randomly and activates the emergency brakes. There isn't any audible warning. This doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it will. There are also no realistic sounds in the passenger cabin when driving at 225 kmp/h. It's very quiet and doesn't match the sounds that can be found in several youtube video's about the 395.

It's sad to see that after such a long time the sounds and bugs in this thread are still present and no DTG staff member acknowledges these problems or let us know that they are aware and at least say if they will fix them or keep it at this low standard.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Another bug, when using dynamic wheater and driving in the mist, you'll see the mist inside the passenger cabin.

Attached Files:

8. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Another cry to DTG to please address these issues. Or at least say you've noticed them and say you won't be do anything with them.

The blue close door button doesn't work which I already addressed but the indication that the doors are closed are shown on the righthand side display is also displayed before the doors are closed.