Sehs Station Lighting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by wcwood92, Sep 17, 2022.

1. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been mentioned but quite frankly I don't feel like digging to see if it has.

Anyway, I think the station lighting time is off on SEHS. In the winter at 4 or 5 pm, all the stations are dark.
    I'm wondering if this is a simple fix that can be worked into the update announced for next week.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yes, this has been mentioned. There was a response too, but if you're not digging to find it, I'm not digging for you!

3. I think it was mentioned that they are gonna make the lights triggered by darkness instead of on a timer.

4. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

There is a mod on TSC that helps with most stations on that route (and many others) but sadly that isn’t the only problem with the night lighting on SEHS. Unbelievably neither Ashford Intl or Swanscombe has any night lighting of any description…it looks like it either hasn’t been baked or it wasn’t done properly as the lights don’t illuminate anything at all.

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...longer-station-lighting-up-times#comment-6456

You can only assume DTG’s QA people do their job with their eyes closed. Seriously, how the hell do you miss that?!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

JetWash yes that mod! I ran that on TSW2. I’ll give it a try on TSW3. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I was about to comment on this myself. I didn't own SEHS in TSW2 but in TSW3 it seems super dark at night. I was doing the 1C38 St. Pancras Int'l to St. Pancras Int'l service in journey mode and had to turn my headlights on at the beginning at Ashford before I could tell what side the platform was on. When I got to Ebbsfleet the station appeared to have overhead lights but they illuminated nothing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I got to Stratford the station was well lit, as was St. Pancras.

Aside from station lighting it still seems too dark overall. Its a level of blackness akin to being underneath the canopy of a forest at night and your headlights seem to barely penetrate it. At the moment the service started I saw a lighter sky and horizon for a split second before it became this black, I'm wondering if that lighter scene was what was intended?

DW

7. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yes, I recall that too and much better to trigger by darkness rather than timer because it can be dark before 4pm for example in certain weather conditions.

I'll be amazed if we see it in TSW3 though!

8. I remain hopeful.

9. Janosch Flemming

Janosch Flemming New Member

I noticed it to. Running a 6pm service in the rain and I can't see anything. No station lights at Faversham and the lights at Teynham aren't turned on. But there was a light at a level crossing between Faversham and Teynham that worked perfectly fine...

This service is part of the "at night" (don't know the name it has in english) chapter of the Journey mode. I can't believe DTG didn't notice this in testing when they are apperently so proud of the new lightning system!