Passenger Mode -- I Can't Sit Down

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thelonius16, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

In TSW3 several cab cars and passenger cars seem to have problems with the seats. Hovering over the seats gives no option to sit down. Some trains have the issue with some seats while others have every seat seemingly blocked.

I first noticed it on Peninsula Corridor, then on a German route. It might be limited to former TSW2 content that has been updated for TSW3.

Here's a test video. I tried several services on different routes to look for a pattern.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

yeah ive noticed this problem where half the seats cant be sat in on any content

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yep, can confirm same problem, was on the 13:12 service from St Pancras - Ashford, can't remember which coach numbers. Also on that service I noticed the PIS was incorrect, when leaving St Pancras it said the next station stop was Ebbsfleet when infact it was Stratford.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Same - just tried it on several TSW2 routes/locos (whilst in TSW3) and not 1 seat gives me the option to sit! The amount of bugs in this franchise is reaching an all time high.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Scorpion71

Just had a go on WCL and I cannot sit in any of the Mk2 coaches.

Edit: Tried the Mk2 coaches on other routes too, nope, can't sit down, so that has completely destroyed passenger mode for me, nice one DTG and QA, nice one :(:mad:

Honestly, just get rid of the Q&A and release a beta version to selected community members, these things will be spotted within 5mins

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  6. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this, we've submitted an internal ticket to investigate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Scorpion71

Hi DTG Matt as mentioned in the roadmap stream tonight (I was L44ELblue), forgot to mention it was not only the MK2's as per OP.

Version I'm on is PC

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Can confirm this as well.

In addition, when sitting in an AI train (when you can sit ^^) and you switch to outside view to watch the train the camera goes crazy.
    It seems the sensitivity settings go to MAX.
    It goes back to normal when you drive a train yourself. But as a passenger, going to outside-the-train-view is madness. (System PS5)
    How was this not fixed already? Seems like an easy thing, it simply must be a bug that changes the camera settings to max.

9. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

I know there's already some footage showing this, but as Matt requested, here's some I took earlier...

• Like Like x 1
  10. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

Also, I would politely like the issues with the upper deck seats in DB Doppelstokwagen (all TSW3 compatible German routes containing those coaches which include, Main-Spessart Bahn, Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lubeck etc.) and NJT Multilevel coach (NEC New York - Trenton) to be fixed. The issue being when getting up from most seats on the upper deck in those coaches, the player is spawned on to the lower deck instead of standing on the upper deck. This issue is not there on Peninsula Corridor and LGV Méditerranée. It will be nice to look into this problem and fix it in the next update.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Scorpion71

It's been nearly a year since this was reported and acknowledged by DTG, yet still nothing! The problem with not being able to sit down on the MML HST was sorted within weeks!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Doesn't Test Games has a history of being slow with fixing problems they created

• Like Like x 2