Game Update Train Sim World 3 - 15th September Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 15, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This is something we're taking a look at. It of course makes more sense for it to be light-sensitive, rather than fixed to a specific time.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

3. DTG JD

Ah sorry. The 4 I'm aware of are the 187, DRA, SoS, and OSD ones, correct?

• Like Like x 1
  4. fix the issue with the passengers going onto the tracks on the long island rail road at garden city on PC Asap needs fix also the bell needs to ring everytime u press it on the class 377 and 375 witch it dont

5. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yep those ones are the main four. ‘HSC Geep Geep!’ and ‘HSC GEVO on the Move’ have also been causing problems on PS5 lately. I have lodged a ticket with DTG and I know it’s Skyhook’s route, but was just hoping it could be looked at for TSW2 by someone.

6. ChaseYUL99

ChaseYUL99 New Member

Any update on New Journey Extention Pack comming to TSW 3 ?

• Like Like x 3
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope one of the routes on the roadmap will be the northeast corridor Connecticut shoreline east commuter rail from Stamford to new London Connecticut.

8. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

DTG JD,

Are you guys looking at the stations on SEHS that cast no light at night whatsoever? This is different to the incorrect lighting up times…Ashford and Swanscombe (there may be others) have no night lighting at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

My feedback for TSW 3 which I'd like to be fixed:

- Add a toggle menu button on TSW 3 for console like that on TSW 2: On TSW 2, when in the timetable menu, you were able to press Y on Xbox for example to toggle the menu button which enabled the player to search for a specific service. However, I notice there is no such function in TSW 3 and, if I want to use the search bar, I have to end up scrolling right to the very top of the timetable list using a controller, which is super tedious - especially if such a large timetable like London Commuter, SEHS or Bakerloo, which I search for services by headcode for this very reason.

- Fix AI 4-car 377 which gets stuck to the south of Haywards Heath on the northbound line on TSW 3 version of London Commuter: The AI train seems to get stuck in the same place (weirdly not at any signal) regardless of whatever time of day and, as a result, all the other AI trains behind get stuck. Never had this problem on the TSW 2 version.

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the propulsion of the m7 will actually be fixed because they keep saying that fixes will come only for the sounds to still be bad. Maybe the M7A which suffers the same issue will also be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG JD

not yet.

12. DTG JD

Not aware of this at the moment. Do you have a screenshot(s) you can share? (plus your graphics set-up, etc.)

13. JetWash

Actually, to be fair Ashford at 1am does seem to be lit, so maybe that is down to the station lighting up times. However, this is Swanscombe at 1am, no engine.ini edits, Ultra Settings and clear skies in September. You can see that the lights are on but there appears to be no lighting bake. There may well be other stations like this, and there are certainly bridges etc where street lamps cast no light at all.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

When this week comes the update?

15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see tsw2 lighting issues reappear in tsw3. SMH

• Like Like x 1
  16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Why is the rest of the DLCs not available yet on PS5 ?

• Like Like x 2
  17. JetWash

I get that things can slip through the net, but I reckon a box of Cornflakes would have picked that up had it been doing QA for TSW3.

I understand beta testers and/or QA people generally just work to a list of things to test, but you do have to wonder if anyone just actually plays the game before release. Even just playing journey mode throws up all these problems after a few hours of play. 4-5hrs per route (lets go crazy and call it a full 8hr work day) just playing the game like we would would be time well spent IMHO. If they already do that, then the people doing it need more of an eye for detail!

• Like Like x 4
  18. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I think they are all available for me… are you checking the PS store on the console or on the mobile app? There always seems to be delays on mobile app.

19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I don’t check the app as it’s still in beta for me but on the store some are unavailable I’ll try in an hour.
    EDIT: they’re all available I just have to wait for the add-on manager

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  20. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Any news on the eluded TSW2 Add On Manager for this week? At least Ill have all my old content back even if i TSW2 and not 3 for now. (Fingers crossed)

21. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Hey

Anyone know what's up with the New Journeys Expansion?
    Should then also come for TSW3

• Like Like x 1
  22. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I would like to mention that in the lateral and internal PIS of Class 395, when the time ends in "0" it is not displayed, for example:

14:10 appears 14:1 in the PIS;
    15:00 appears 15:0 in the PIS.
    10:13 appears 1 :13 in the PIS.
    20:10 appears 2 :0 in the PIS.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. DTG JD

No news as of yet.

24. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  25. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

JD, Please make sure to evaluate what is exposed in this forum regarding electrostars sounds (which I've already seen are on the radar), about the absence of lighting in some stations at night, as well as the missing zeros in the PIS of Class 395, in addition to of other scores that you deem important and possible to implement in the next update, or leave for future updates.

• Like Like x 1
  26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

NGL this is a disappointment to me that major issues like the fog on CJP is being delayed in order for you to restore a save game feature which remains partially broken. I appreciate others will have a different take on this and I guess the old adage "you cant please all of the people all of the time applies here.

Hopefully the update will be worth the short wait.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

28. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Starting to think there is more than meets the eye to the absence of the new journey expansion...that the silence is to preserve a future announcement involving this pack being different in some way? But its a bit off for people who already own the content and can't currently use it.

29. DTG JD

It's because the routes it functioned on (BKL/SKA/SPG) all needed to have separate store pages made for them, and we couldn't build the dependencies required in the back-end until the pages were live.

We've been trying to solve other issues before adding new stuff. It'll come, thanks for being patient.

• Like Like x 3
  30. andyward1971

andyward1971 Active Member

I also wish there was more of an update regarding the new journeys expansion. Where on the list it is for getting sorted, is it even going to be possible to transfer over to tsw3. A bit more information if possible would be great

31. JetWash

Is there any reason it can’t be 2 separate updates? Just curious :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. redrev1917

Sorry but for us who already own new Journeys, its not "new stuff" its a product we already purchased and would like to be able to enjoy in TSW3.
    Add Ons Manager for Consoles is "new stuff" New Journeys for all isnt

• Like Like x 1
  33. andyward1971

andyward1971 Active Member

Sorry for my reply. I must of posted as you responded

34. DTG JD

Sorry, by 'new stuff' I meant in terms of a Retail/putting them on the Store perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  35. redrev1917

No worries, its not like I dont have anything to do in the interim, lots to explore on old and new routes.

36. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think there should be set condition testing checking for system lighting and z. makes you wonder if the beta team are all fanboys with rose tinted glasses playing in the June sun.

• Like Like x 1
  37. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I suspect you'll find a reasonable number of the beta team hold down jobs and only have so much time to test. Even those who may be retired will often have partners who want them to do jobs about the house. ;) It may be that DTG ask them to check certain areas.

If it comes to that I wonder how long they're given to test before DTG make the decision whether or not to release. It could well be that various issues are raised but that those issues are not deemed serious enough to delay release. However it may well be that some of the issues then start being worked on for the initial patch even before release has taken place.

38. Winter-Czar

Winter-Czar New Member

Can I confirm your problem, I use an xbox controller and the B button was for sifa and pzb is that your problem? Now for me it will activate pzb but does not work to acknowledge sifa.

39. ChaseYUL99

ChaseYUL99 New Member

Same, but only on Kassel-Würzburg. Other german routes are fine for me.

40. Winter-Czar

Winter-Czar New Member

Wow, very odd, not that I have driven every train in TSW3 but its happening to me on TSW2 routes that I have installed into TSW3. Kassel - Wűrzburg looks fine for me at the moment. Oooo damn

41. ChaseYUL99

ChaseYUL99 New Member

I'm on Xbox series X. It can be plateform specific...

• Like Like x 1
  42. Winter-Czar

Winter-Czar New Member

I'll tell you my set up so you know what's going on, on my end. I got TSW2 and TSW3 installed on my 2nd Xbox Series X in the lounge room. ( I own 2 of them ) I got the German pack only and installed kassel - Wűrzburg, Nahverkehr - Dresden, Dresden - Chemnitz and and Kőln installed only on TSW3. Kőln is fine works, kassel - Wűrzburg 403 works fine, 401 only done 1 run works fine. The only bug I have picked up on at the moment is external route boards dont work.

My problem is Nahverkehr - Dresden time table run RE15 to Dresden driving 766.2 train is plan broken. Sifa and PZB, B button only works on PZB, brakes have changed and accelerating has changed I can't give any more info I basically rage quite.

Only use xbox original controllers and all help is turned off, signals, speed and hub.

Side note, other Xbox Series X has the keyboard and mouse thats where I play my sweety games IE shooters, PVP bla bla bla.

There may be more problems in TSW3 but I just don't know yet, I only just got it. I wasn't going to buy it but I caved in.

TSW2 seems to be the more stable one at the moment.

43. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

With fog being looked at, I do need to ask - does the fog perhaps use a variant on the same effects as the smoke from diesel engines?

I'm just asking because when I look at how much TSW3 fog tanks performance on my Series X, it reminds me a lot of how FPS always drops about 20% on TSW2 whenever I rotate the external camera so that the plumes from the top of diesel locos are in frame, but then jumps back up to the cap the moment I angle the camera so that only the loco, train, or the scenery are in shot. (When HSC launched I could actually crash the game on my Series S by switching to external cams and looking at this effect, if I did it right as another train passed mine)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Hey...

Are there any news or plans in this regard?

Best regards

45. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Like your new profile pic DTG JD

46. waynedaniele

waynedaniele New Member

Good to hear the 465 fix but as I play on Nox Vidmate VLC there's more achievements not unlocking.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022