Track Sounds Too Quiet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nadlnick#7354, Sep 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nadlnick#7354

nadlnick#7354 New Member

Hi,
    Can you please increase the volume of the Track sounds (Flange, Joint, junction sounds).
    Even in modern cabs you can still hear the "rumble" of the wheels going over points.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sadly track sound has always been a bit quiet in TSW, whichever version. Seems to be a limitation of the UE engine (or DTG's understanding of it) which is why we also don't get tunnel/bridge/cutting reverb or clatter across structures. TSW3 is growing on me but the soundfield is still flat compared to TSC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I find these sounds much more satisfactory in TSW3 than in earlier versions, especially the sounds made by wheel flanges on curved tracks -- by the way, I have a 1.5 Logitech surround speaker system and keep the volume fairly high.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well they wanted the audio to be really good for the base routes in tsw3, so it's better than what we would normally get.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I heard good track sounds on Cajon Pass when running the nighttime scenario with a couple of Dash-2's.

It's always varied from route to route in TSW, never really understood why, though DTG has always struggled with audio for some reason.

6. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I find the Class 101 DMU on Northern Trans-Pennine has great track-joint noises! Most other routes limit it to sets of points, but that may be because welding track joints

• Like Like x 2
  7. glendathu

glendathu Member

Looks like it depends on the train. On the SE Highspeed Line, the 375/9 sounds like a maglev train. And on the Bakerloo Tube, the sound really rocks !