Can't Get Hsc To Run Under Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have run schedules on HSC a lot under TSW2, but when I attempt to run a train using the ES44 it's like there is a very large boat anchor that is the train. Set up brakes on screen as cut in and lead, have tried the DP switch on the back wall both on and off, made sure the brake pressure was 89 psi in all gages, including the rear. All I can get is the slack to run in and then dead stop, no matter what throttle setting I try. I even uncoupled the power to see if it is what is causing this, and it runs away from the train once free. Yes, I even looked at the tutorial again.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  2. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I had the issue with the SD40 and stopped, disconnected banking comm, recharged the brakes and started again. It was then ok but something very odd going on

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

So when you first loaded in, you turned on banking comm, dp I'm assuming and set everything up correctly. Some trains have gotten heavier so you might need to wait a bit longer unless you've already done that too.

4. Sharon E

Yep, as noted all brakes had come up to 89 psi before I even tried to set off.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

is it all services Sharon or just the odd one?

6. Sharon E

I have tried 2 so far, one beginning at each end. The services were 21M and 20T. Not today, but will see if the SD works ok.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  7. rennekton#1349

Okay, I've tried 21M and it seems to work okay. Banking comm on, turn gen field on, set up brakes and I did a regular hill start (apply power, slowly take off independent) and it seemed to move okay.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

Ive just tried 21M as well, did it in light rain started straight off the bat. As Rennekton, just banking comm on, revereser in, turn gen field on, cut in brakes, independent brake on, train brakes off, power on notch 3 and then released the independent brake and away I went, didnt even need the brakes over 80psi. Did presand prior to throttling up.

9. Sharon E

Thanks for trying the 21M, I will go back again today and see if I can get it going. You are saying banking com but here it's the DPU switching on the back wall, correct?

10. redrev1917

No banking comm in the same postion as always on the radio. I dont touch the DPU switch on the back wall.

11. Sharon E

OK, I will search the radio above the consul again. Couldn't find it last time.

12. rennekton#1349

It's above the brake stand where the indy and auto brakes are. There should be a button (ptt I think) and the popup is banking comm.

And if you do that, you should be able to complete services. I just turn it on out of habit in case there are helping locomotives

13. Sharon E

Thanks, yes, I found it. It's to the left of the ptt button. The issues I was having, I recently switched to a track ball from a mouse and that roller ball is really twitchy and hard to get to stay over a small thing like that button, so I was missing it. Had to do the switch secondary to arthritis in the right wrist, need to keep it as straight as possible.