Today’s Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hightower, Oct 23, 2018.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve had two separate updates, one for 10mb and then another of about 160-170mb after launching the game. It would appear a number of files have been updated, it would be helpful to know what and why please.

It looks very much like a lot of my edits, customisations and third party content has disappeared. A bit of warning that this was going to happen (or might happen) would have been really helpful!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I got this as well. I’m suddenly missing most of third party content. I would like to know what this update exactly did to cause this

3. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

Thanks for the info.

4. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thanks for the information as well. My plan is to create a backup of my Train Simulator program to external hard drive before login to Steam to get the update.

John

5. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

What SHOULD happen is that the forum co-ordinator should respond to items like this. This post has been up for a couple of days and he can’t even be bothered to state whether this is expected behavior or not and if it is why the update had to be configured to behave in this way.

I’ve just run the update (I’d been hoping for word from DTG on this post) and mine did NOT verify.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Or even better, before releasing updates live to the wild a post created saying "Hey guys, an update is coming so be aware it might screw things up"

7. hightower

hightower Guest

Thankfully I had a recent backup which has sorted it, and it would appear that 64bit is now significantly more stable than it was, I can now edit with RWTools (which has also been patched very recently if you weren’t aware) and am not getting the access violation error anymore.

I believe some people had this random half-verify when they first upgraded to 64bit. I didn’t, so maybe it was just my turn ;-)

Moral of the story is if you have a lot of 3rd party content (including AP stuff) then make a backup of the Assets & Content folders regularly!

ps I too don’t understand why a seemingly significant update has been released and DTG haven’t even acknowledged it’s happened...

8. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Hightower,
    Sadly many of us have had to take time off due to illness over the last few days so we are still playing catch up.
    Luke will hopefully be back in tomorrow to address your concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Get well soon! :)

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

The update was to restore two files (Setup_Audio.bat and msvcp100d.dll) which were inadvertently omitted from the TS19 launch - the download was 10MB in size. We have verified that there were no other updates released.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Best, Steve

11. hightower

hightower Guest

Thanks very much for that Steve, appreciate it. No idea what happened on my machine then, it must have been a glitch with Steam I guess.

ps Get well soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018