Euro Fishing Euro Fishing Update Out Now!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG_Stephen, Jan 4, 2018.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We are happy to tell you that our latest patch for Euro Fishing is out now on all platforms.

With this update you will notice improvements to the first tutorial, ‘The Basics’, which now gives users the choice of using Total or Basic Cast Control and now features a fish fight. While making this changes we have also improved the flow of the tutorial with changes to timings and other minor bug fixes.

We have also made improvements to the water to make it look more realistic when the wind is set to static. Additionally there have been updates to the audio for reeling in and netting a fish as well as the ambient audio. In Live Tournaments we have fixed an issue where the leaderboard fail to load.

In the menus you can now view Koi and Ghost Carp to the species section of the Angler’s Log. We have also fixed the Korda IQ-D 4 rig not appearing in the tackle shop.

Full patch notes can be found here:
    • ‘The Basics’ tutorial has been updated to give players the choice of Total or Basic Cast Control and now features a fish fight. General flow of the tutorial has been improved by adjusting timers and various minor bug fixes.
    • Koi and Ghost Carp can now been viewed in the Angler’s Log in the ‘Species’ section.
    • Water has been improved to now look more realistic when setting the wind to ‘Static’.
    • Ambience audio has been slightly adjusted and improved.
    • Fixed issue regarding the audio for reeling in and landing a fish into the net from the lake.
    • Fixed issue where ‘Korda IQ-D 4’ rig wasn’t appearing in the tackle shop.
    • Fixed issue where the leaderboard would fail to load in Live Tournaments.
    • Various minor bug fixes
    We are also delighted to say that our next venue 'Waldsee' will be released on Tuesday 9th January 2018!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Oooh a new lake, do you have any other info on it? Is this lake included in the Season Pass? Also has the actual reeling mechanics been updated so that we don't have to keep the left trigger continuously pressed?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi Tucklis, it wasn't put into this update but we will be working on improvements to the rod control which should mean you can keep the tension in the line even when not reeling in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kanes_Inferno

Kanes_Inferno New Member

This sounds like a great update, seems like the team is really working to support this game. Thank you.

5. jonnytafft

jonnytafft New Member

multiplayer need fixing ,as always crashes game

6. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

''Water has been improved to now look more realistic when setting the wind to ‘Static’''

Nope, game wont load in static setting anymore.

7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We are looking into this to determine the cause of the crash.

Which platform are you on?

8. SPACE ODDITY

On Xbox One Stephen, all of the lakes wont load with wind switched to static.

9. SPACE ODDITY

There is also another bug on new lake, not sure if it happens on all lakes. On Waldsee, every time I move and set up on a peg, my first cast always glitches, casts after my first are back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPACE ODDITY

It is looking like Boris on Waldsee is uncatchable. No confirmed catches anywhere. Another Achievement unobtainable. I don't expect any communication, just thought I would let you know.

11. harold

harold Active Member

releasing disc version just seen on game about time download version fixed first got reel going back to zero happen a number of times

12. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah I just saw that they are releasing a Disc Collectors edition for £29.99. Maybe Boris, The Big Ghostie and other uncatchable fish are been give as a pre order bonus or exlusive content!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Markus R.

Markus R. New Member

i am a xbox one user, today i set the wind to Static at Foundry Dock but there was still wind and the water (mirror) looks not real generally.
    btw, sometimes "Foundry Dock" did not start (after i made settings), i need end the game and start it again, made settings and then it started, thats odd.
    and why looks the character face lighting so ugly??? there is something wrong.
    the LOD settings are also not correct, i do not need a abstract (coarse) tree in front of 200 meters.
    my opinion - there is space for graphical optimization.
    i notice in a tutorial a german translation was spoke in english.
    overall i like this kind of game.
    my charater need a rainjacket :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  14. Kanes_Inferno

Kanes_Inferno New Member

The communication has gone silent from the team, from what I’ve seen.... not very promising.

15. harold

harold Active Member

they are making a dective game called euro fishing the missing boss fish take about 10years to finish

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPACE ODDITY

Any news on a fix for all the uncatchable boss fish. They are starting to pile up now! These fish need fixing in next update -

The Foundry Dock
    Wrighty’s Fish
    Chunk
    MC's

Manor Farm Lake
    The Big Ghostie

Le Lac D'Or
    Retro

Waldsee
    Boris

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi all, the issue you are noticing with the wind set to static is a change we made in the last patch that will prevent the water from looking completely flat. With the wind set to static there is still a small amount of wind and the change will reflect that.

As for Boris, we have not had it reported to us that he can not be caught but we will look into it.

18. SPACE ODDITY

I have taken a screen shot of both static and Dynamic, and yes there is a small difference. So small its easy to miss the difference between the two.

Dynamic

Dovetail Games Euro Fishing.png

Static

Dovetail Games Euro Fishing (2).png

With being someone with bad eye sight, I find this change disappointing as I have trouble seeing fish activity with this new change, that's the reason I always played with static in the past. Would it not of being better with having 3 options, static like it used to be, breezy could be how static is currently is, and Dynamic? I don't think I am alone with being disappointed in this change.

Waldsee was released 13 days ago and there has been no reports on here, TA, Facebook, Twiter, youtube, google, Xbox, PS4, PC, Steam, Mixer, Twitch.... of anyone catching Boris. If he is catchable, someone would of had him by now.

So what's going on with The Big Ghostie? It's almost been 5 months since Manor Farm Lake was released. Have you guys put a max limit on the weight of the carp you can catch?, because its looking like any carp weighting in game (Not Journal) over 65lbs are uncatchable. Maybe correcting MC's, Chunk and Wrighty's Fish in game weight to reflex their actual Journal weight may solve the problem. We obviously don't know what Boris, The Big Ghostie and Retro's actually in game weight is as no one has caught them. I presume the uncatchable boss carp's in game weight is incorrect on Foundry Dock, as with the lake's location being England and real life carp record in the UK is 71 lb 4 oz. It would make sense for the Journal to be correct.

Chunk - Journal weight 31lbs 1oz - In game weight 71lbs 14oz
    MC'S - Journal weight 42lbs 0oz - In game weight 93lbs 8oz
    Wrighty's Fish - Journal weight 33lbs 1oz - In game weight 73lbs 0oz
    The Big Ghostie Journal weight 35lbs 0oz - In game weight Unknown
    Retro - Journal Weight 71lbs 9oz - In game weight Unknown
    Boris - Journal weight 35lbs 11oz - In game weight Unknown

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. alflair697

alflair697 New Member

im pretty sure I've caught Boris tonight ill provide proof when I log on tomorrow

20. floboy

floboy New Member

bonjour j ai une question les maj se font automatique ou faut les telecharger ?

21. Chrisdude

Chrisdude New Member

I swear I am going to explode.
    PLEASE. SOMEONE.... I just wanna know HOW you download the updates for the PC especially the October 18 one. REALLY DOVETAIL?
    FOR GODS SAKE someone put me out of my misery.

WHY THE HELL WAS THIS OPTION NOT PUT IN THE GAME????

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  22. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The update just went out was for Fishing Sim World Chris. If you own Fishing Sim World it should have automatically downloaded the update on Steam.

23. Chrisdude

Chrisdude New Member

Ahhh ok. So it automatically downloads when we have an update?
    Thank you. That's good to know I have the latest version.

24. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  25. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

The communication has gone silent from the team, from what I’ve seen.... not very promising.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  26. didongthongminh

didongthongminh New Member

This sounds like a fantastic update, and it appears that the company is making a big effort to support this game. I'm grateful.