Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (acl) & It's Rival/merger Companies.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Joeman143, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Joeman143

Joeman143 Member

Ever heard of them? Might not have, the company was formed in 1830 and would undergo a large merger with several other minor companies in 1900. The company and it's lines lasted all the way up until 1967, when it again merged with another company. This time it would be it's longtime rival, the Seaboard Air Line Railway, or SAL for short. They formed what became known as the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad, or SCL. Oh and here is the most interesting part, in 1986 the SCL and Northern-based chessie system merged to make none other but CSX! The truth is that these older railroads have been somewhat forgotten by history. I say we need to preserve them with some proper routes, engines, and rolling stock painted in ACL, SAL, and SCL liveries. I bring this whole subject up in the first place because of a certain engine in Wilmington, NC. A city which I live close to.[​IMG]
    This engine has fascinated me since I was a boy, and in truth the museum it resides at is rather vague about it's overall service history. Either way. anything that could be made for the ACL, SAL and SCL would be interesting. And one more thing, do you know any other companies who supported a purple livery so well? Thanks for reading my 5:AM ramblings and consider up voting, thank you! Now here are some images to represent it's history...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Now for some SAL Engines[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    In this image above you can see the lettering if you look closely under the numbering positioned on the cab siding.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Hey this is a very cool idea! But you should probably add some pictures of some SAL equipment as well, as it could work with one of my ideas as well (SAL Baldwin to Tampa route). Anyway very interesting.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. Joeman143

Joeman143 Member

I'll do that right now then. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm limited to the amount of images I can add to this thread of mine, otherwise I would have added much more. But hey, I encourage anyone who sees this thread to add your own images of ACL, SAL, & SCL engines and rolling stock, as well as suggestions for routes and the like. Or even make a thread that's better than mine, I just wanted to bring the whole matter to light in the first place. Either way, thanks for reading!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  4. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

I'd love to see the ACL, or heck perhaps the A-Line in the CSX era! Not to mention, I was born in Florence, SC and lived there for a few years! The ACL ran through there!

• Like Like x 1