Kassel Lights Are Off In The Tunnels Annyone Noticed It?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LocoRail_NL-EMU-, Sep 15, 2022.

1. LocoRail_NL-EMU-

LocoRail_NL-EMU- New Member

For real all the tunnels have light bulbs but they are not on please fix

2. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

They are not on in real life, as far as I am aware.
    They will only be put on in emergencies as they normally are not needed, the train lights are bright enough

• Like Like x 2
  3. LocoRail_NL-EMU-

Ooh to bad i like to see lights in tunnels i believe some german tunnel are well lit in the previous game aah wel would be nice do if dovetail turns them on annyway im really happy about this game

• Like Like x 1
  4. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yep I get that, it does look cool. But I prefer realism over coolness for TSW in most cases :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Recently watched a GoPro on YouTube of this route and there are indeed bright white lights at intervals along the entirety of most tunnels.

And no, they were definitely not reflected light from the hectometer boards.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  6. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It because it a tunnel they don't have the lights on like the London underground. The only time lights are probably on is during engineering work

7. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was stuck in an ICE 1 in a tunnel between Hannover and Göttingen (which is part of the route Würzburg-Kassel-Hannover) for two hours.
    So I can now definitely confirm that the lights are turned on, and they were on before we got stuck so that was not the reason.

I saw that in TSW the lights are there and just not turned on so that could be changed.
    They are so weak in reality, that they don't even emit light to the tunnel (which would probably make the job of adding them easier)

8. LocoRail_NL-EMU-

image.jpg I see wel i like the fact that that deutsches bahn from tsw1 does have lights on alltough not bright its a nice touch

9. LocoRail_NL-EMU-

Allso i have to say there is a bit negativity lately im reading from people who prefer tsw2 hmm its a game semi simulation and i luv it and would like to thank the creators from dovetail and applaud them u all done such a nice job making me play manny hours on a row and having a blast with the weather effects i cant wait what the future will bring keep it up just dont tresspass the 40 dollar euro mark per dlc please lol hopefully you guys will get the license for the netherlands aswell that new allstom hst is verry nice however its top speed is only 200 km and yes the country of mine is not large i would love to play in my country for once aah well thanks alot guys!!

10. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

This route does have lights in the tunnels. Not all of them but most of them.
    You can find cab rides on YouTube that clearly show it.

I’ve never seen a London Underground tunnel with lights on during normal running.

• Like Like x 1
  11. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Yes and it makes all the difference when driving through. You can judge the gradients and get your bearings.
    Plus it looks really cool.

12. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

New York Subway has lights on in the tunnels.