PC Random S.p.a.d On Spirit Of Steam

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Suryaaji#2369, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Random S.P.A.D on Spirit Of Steam

Hi everyone, just want to report that i'm experiencing this random SPAD when driving LMS 8F timetable service. The service is 08:18 Express Freight : Northampton - Edge Hill. I got clear signal in 500 yds but suddenly a pop up massage shows up telling me that i'm doing SPAD and the gameplay exits to route selection.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Just tried this service on PS5, i was also given a random SPAD as i entered onto the WCML up fast.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that is the service I experienced a random SPAD on when playing on PS5 as well as another one in the Jubilee on a passenger service.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Janosch Flemming

Janosch Flemming New Member

Same thing happened to me. Here is a video of it happening if that helps. Pretty disappointing to once again see a run that is part of the journey mode being unplayable. There doesn't seem to be much going on in terms of testing these before release...

• Like Like x 1
  5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

I just tried this on PS5 too and no spad.

Wonder what’s going on here …

6. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I've tried this and also got a spad, and I think it's a loco that's made its way on to the turntable turned around and started moving and went past signal at red I watched it do it looking at the map. Journey mode series x

7. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

This happened to me today in the 08:16 service from Preston to London Euston, after stopping at Hartford. I'm on Ps5.

8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

08:18 1st attempt my poor 8f was thrown into the air by the trailing wagons when I tried to stop at the 1st red signal.

2nd go I got past the red signal to enter the 1st tunnel/bridge/underpass & SPAD!

9. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Just submitted a ticket, 3rd go with a later service out of Basford hall & my train consist literally exploded all over the place! I was doing 7mph & light breaking!

10. GAMMA

GAMMA New Member

Made an account just to say I'm having the same issue. I think Wooki74 is probably right. I can't find the loco in question but if you just sit at the signal for a few minutes the SPAD will trigger.

11. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Still happening in September in TSW3 - 0818 8F Freight Northampton to Edge Hill

12. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable! Come on DTG, this must be one of the most reported issues on SOS & it's still a problem!

13. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Exact same SPAD on XBox every time.

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Going from other posts it looks as if the cause might have been identified as AI locos SPADing on exiting the turntable at Edge Hill. So you would have thought DTG could sort this easily, whether by moving the signal slightly, putting a flag on it to ignore SPADs by AI movements at least, or the nuclear option of removing the offending movements.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Someone pointed out this ai train spad months ago too.

16. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Probably me :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think it was.

18. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

This has been an ongoing issue since release. Don't expect a fix, because DTG do not care. The release of bug sim world 3 confirms that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mookie1340

mookie1340 New Member

This is appalling! I've paid good money to play this game and you can't proceed in the game. I use a PS4 and I can't believe this issue has been going on for so long. If only I knew. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes it's quite disgraceful that this still hasn't been addressed, in what was supposed to be the flagship product of 2022!

• Like Like x 3
  21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Today I read somewhere in the forum the phrase "pay more, get less", I had to smile because the person has written true words.
    DTG breaks paid content and just doesn't give it back to us. Priorities are set completely wrong, what DTG breaks should immediately be classified as an urgent hotfix candidate, no one goes home until it works again.

If you can patch Pringles several times within a few days, you can also release hotfixes several times a week or even a day.

• Like Like x 5
  22. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I was so looking forwards to getting this Simulator. Now that I have it, I'm very disappointed with it!
    To me TSW3 feels like it's a Beta version?
    I purchased it especially for SoS and Birmingham City Cross, and now I am put off playing it. All I seem to be doing is playing the waiting game. Waiting for the dreaded "Scenario Failed" to pop up, or my entire train to be sent into orbit for no apparent reason!
    DTG should be ashamed of themselves. They are a utter disgrace for releasing software that is full of bugs!
    I'm just glad that I purchased it during the Black Friday sales!

23. beeurd

beeurd New Member

Same situation here as elric, bought TSW3 specifically for Birmingham Cross City and Spirit of Steam, and came across this bug that seems well reported but has remained unfixed for over six months. I've read that sometimes the rogue AI SPAD doesn't occur, but so far I've tried this particular journey 10 times and it's happened every time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. colinanon

colinanon New Member

I have just used the spirit of Steam Expres freight: Northampton to Edge Hill in 'Chapter 3' and have the same issue. complete the first objective - stopping at a red signal, just before entering underpass/tunnel. as just about to exit tunnel and just prior to the 15mph speed limit, I am encountering a SPAD. The HUD is reporting that the next signa I will encounter is at green I think the simulation is reading the main line signalling at this point. There is definately no signal at this place on this line - I have even sat on the buffer beam to make sure I wasn't missing anything (not comfortable when the rain is coming down!!)

I not that there has been no response from Dovetail about this. Do we know if they are reading the thred? If you are Dovetail let us know, and also tell us when we can expect a fix ... please.

• Like Like x 1
  25. shimarin

shimarin Active Member