Now That Tsw3 Is Here, What's Next?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by EpilepticWeasel, Sep 21, 2022.

1. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

Does anyone have any ideas/speculation on what will be next now that TSW3 is here? I know DTG has mentioned they want to focus on bug fixes after route releases for a while, so do you all think we won't see new content for a bit while they tackle that? When we do get new routes do you think we will get longer length routes or back to the previous standard length? Will we see more route extensions like SEHS or was that a one and done? Just curious everyone's thoughts.

2. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Firstly, there is the Niddertalbahn, which was leaked in one of the TSW3 trailers, and then there is Journeys Expansion 2, whose achievements have recently been visible on Steam DB, but it is not yet certain when they will be released.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for some new content announcements before the next roadmap, otherwise there's not going to be much on there.

• Like Like x 3
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The last DTG new modern era UK route was London Brighton over 12 months ago. We are well overdue one and Id hope that would be the first thing which makes it to the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
  5. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I hope to see much more work on the core and less in the way of DLC releases. Quality not quantity and much less in the way of release day bugs.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The route length really depends on the gameplay. Short routes can have a lot of gameplay like cathcart. Skw was really long cuz people wanted a true high speed route that was long. Cajon pass was long cuz that's just the route. Sehs was extended to expand on gameplay and cuz it was popular.

In terms of route extensions, I would definitely love more where appropriate even though it requires an extensive amount of work. I would rather see routes in different parts of a country and then see a couple extensions here and there so there's variety over extending the same route over and over again.

7. heliq

heliq Active Member

On short routes, dynamic weather won't make sense, it won't have time to change!

• Like Like x 2
  8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

TSW4 in about 2 years time. I expect.

• Like Like x 6
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well the statement about focusing on core improvements turned out to be a bit of misdirection, given they wereactually working on TSW3 all along.

As I said in another thread earlier, I do begin to wonder what state DTG’s UK route building enterprise is in, have they even got anyone working on UK projects at present?

10. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I think we won't see much bug fixes but will see new DLC soon