Tsc: Screenshot Contest : Week 36 - September 2022

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 20, 2022.

?
  1. Engineering Works

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Buildings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pedestrians / Passengers

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Named Express's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. End of the line

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Welcome back to the Train Simulator Screenshot Contest!

This week's theme is: Japan

You can vote for next week's theme in the poll attached to this thread. What is your choice?

Follow us on Instagram (instagram.com/trainsim) to see your screenshots featured on our feed!

How does it work?

You can submit your screenshot to the thread, and every Friday we will choose which screenshots will go to the loading screens. Shortly after, we will open a new thread and announce the winners. Each week has its own theme which is voted for by the community.

Competition Rules:
    • Limit is 2 screenshots per person; 1 screenshot per post.
    • Include in your post the route the screenshot was taken on as well as the name of the train (if applicable).
    • Screenshots must be in a 16:9 resolution, at least 1920x1080 pixels.
    • Screenshots must fit the theme of the week, as stated at the beginning of this post.
    • In order to qualify for the competition, screenshots must be taken from products published by Dovetail Games that are currently on sale.
    Other Rules:

• Official content only. Please make sure anything that is not available on the Steam Store or Dovetail Store is not shown in the screenshot. - This means no reshade, repaint mods, track upgrades or workshop routes.
    • Your entry may be disqualified if it is deemed to not follow these rules. Please limit chat to only when absolutely necessary.
    • Competition closes at mid-day Friday (UK time). The winner will be chosen every Friday.
    • Winner's Prize: The winning screenshot will appear in the game as a loading screen for 1 week!
    (Please Note since the new update which changes loading times we have decided to change it to 1 week)

T&C:
    • Please refer the terms and conditions for this competition here:
    https://dovetailgames.com/competition-terms-and-conditions/
    • Note that by submitting an entry to this contest, you are consenting to us using your screenshot as a loading screen and showing it on our social media channels (such as Instagram)

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_Tohoku High Speed Rail & Main Line_39.68944-141.14837_06-40-51.jpg
    Route: Tohoku High Speed Rail & Main Line
    Locomotive: 701 Series EMU

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blacknred81

Screenshot_Tohoku High Speed Rail & Main Line_39.69885-141.13848_06-47-05.jpg
    Route: Tohoku High Speed Rail & Main Line
    Locomotive: H5 Series Shinkansen

• Like Like x 4
  4. simoselva

simoselva Active Member

Sulla Tadami Line una coppia di Kiha 40 รจ in sosta presso una fermata in aperta campagna.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

48hrs to go and we have 3 competitors with 5 entries.
    Whoopy Do..!!!
    This looks like it could be the worst week ever for contributions.
    Would love to compete but have no Japanese routes like 99% of all the other TSC users.
    If the theme had been widened to maybe "Non UK - USA routes" it would have at least included the European / New Zealand / China / Japan users.
    The themes for next week could also be more inspiring.
    Can we please go back to broader, wider interpretation themes, that inspire the creation and genuine enjoyment in producing that one off screenshot that we all aspire to achieve.
    Look back at some of the amazing shots that were posted over the last two / three years.
    To me we seem to have sadly lost that magic wow element of late, and also a lot of the regular members that used to contribute.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Screenshot_Chatham Main Line - London Victoria to Dover + Ramsgate_51.34159-1.40576_17-32-26.jpg
    I don't think this is going to win, but as it's the only link to a Japanese theme I've got...
    A quartet of Class 395 Javelins, built in Japan, get ready for the day, seen at dawn at Ramsgate TMD.

Train: Class 395 (x4)
    Route: London Victoria to Dover and Ramsgate

• Like Like x 3
  9. I`m a railfan obviously

I`m a railfan obviously Well-Known Member

Route: Southeastern Highspeed Train: Class 395.
    Following the logic of Bellminsterboy i decided to try also. Nice idea btw. Screenshot_London Faversham High Speed_51.33488-0.80229_09-05-04.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

A passengertrain with tourists passing Tadami River on Tadami Bridge with a Kiha40 train on Tadami Line.

Screenshot_Tadami Line_37.48393-139.67072_11-03-18.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. unionpacificfan

A Kiha40 passengertrain with tourists passing Aizu-Kosugawa on a winter day on Tadami Line.

Screenshot_Tadami Line_37.44483-139.49860_11-36-13.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  12. simoselva

simoselva Active Member

Sulla Tadami Line una coppia di Kiha 40 con un treno loca corre in aperta campagna.

20220918070624_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

15. Craigie-C

Congratulations unionpacificfan on your winning shot which sadly has not been uploaded and seems to have been replaced with the Mortu5 shot from week 32 and your winning suburban shot from week 31 in second place.
    This is week 36 and we are seeing on the loading screen
    1. High Iron advert followed by....
    2. Week 32 winner
    3. Week 31 winner
    4. Week 34 winner
    5. Week 33 winner in that order
    Come on DTG how hard can it be to upload 4 images in the correct order?

This is becoming the norm of late. DTG Jamie I understand this issue is out of your remit once submitted but could you please make whoever is reponsible for uploading the shots aware they are seriously pigging off those of us that contribute to this thread.
    Why bother competing if the prize is not going to be presented?
    This competition has run smoothly and efficiently for years, why has it all of a sudden become a total shambles?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Blacknred81

At this rate they might as well cancel it, what's the point of having a contest if they cant even run it properly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

The persistent failure of DTG to give the prize they offered shows how incompetent they are, or how little they care about the competition.

Congratulations unionpacificfan on you win. Enjoy the honour, because that's all you'll get; the prize is being withheld because DTG can't be bothered to give it to you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

Congratulations unionpacificfan on not having your winning shot uploaded to the loading screen.
    You must be gutted to have your shot chosen as the best of the bunch but not get to see it displayed on the loading screen.
    DTG - You are a disgrace to our community.
    How long are you going to continue with this "stuff you all " attitude to the participants of this long standing competition which has been running perfectly for years, but of late has become a complete debarcle.
    You should all be very ashamed.
    Just remember it is us "The TSC Community" that are paying your wages and keeping this product alive. I have personally invested over 2K in to your pockets and expect a damn site more respect for my commitment.
    (Screenshot taken of this post as no doubt DTG Alex will delete most of the content as it makes DTG look bad)

19. unionpacificfan

Thank you Cscarpenter and thank you to Craigie-C and thank you to Mortu5.
    I have only seen the Surbuban picture twice as the game starts up fast even if I have the game on a normal HDD.
    Mostly the game starts just after 1 or 2 pictures so now I only see High Iron and TSW3 add.
    To be honest I was sure that week 36 should be added on friday.
    But it did not happen.

20. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

So sorry about this everyone, been trying my best to get this all sorted but there has been issues recently with getting the screenshots up, I am now sorting it so I have access to upload them directly so in future hopefully this won't happen.

• Like Like x 2
  21. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

This is good news indeed, all being well we can get back to where we used to be. This has been a great competition for many a year and watching it fail so miserably of late has been a crying shame. Good luck with taking us all forward.

22. Craigie-C

NIce one Jamie, hopefully that will help simplify the process and remove the weak link in the chain, fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1