Question About Train Sim Control Schemes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heoun, Sep 19, 2022.

1. heoun

heoun New Member

My Nintendo Switch Zuiki Train controller just arrived and I was curious so I plugged it into my PC.

It has a combined throttle and break lever which the PC reads as an analog joystick Y axis (up being stepped break levels and down https://100001.onl/ being stepped throttle levels).

Does anyone know of any PC train sims (or earlier emulated Densha De Go! games) that would be compatible with that control layout? vshare

Thanks..

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

TS would probably work just fine if you used CobraOne's TS Classic RailDriver and Joystick controller software, Google him and follow the links to the UKTS forum.

3. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

4. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

I have the controller myself and it works perfectly with the Raildriver and Joystick Interface.
    Hmmsim plans to add controller support for the Zuiki controller too, but I think it's not yet implemented.
    BVE should work with it too via a plugin.

It really adds to the immersion, I'm quite happy with it

5. stormy#4839

stormy#4839 Member

Is it possible to share a lever map just as an example? How do you set the notches to match up with the loco's notches?

• Like Like x 1
  6. lawn.chairs

lawn.chairs Member

Not easily. Fun with spreadsheets and considerable trial-and-error. And so far only for ThrottleAndBrake mode, haven't gotten to a Throttle/TrainBrake calculation though the methodology should be the same as below. (That said Throttle/TrainBrake totally works.)

I recorded the output y-axis value for each position on the zuiki and made an assumption that the program under the hood is doing simple midpoint calculations when choosing notches, thus deriving a possible upper and lower output notch boundary for each notch on the zuiki. Then in the desired loco (the OBB4024 is here, and has been a hoot to drive with the zuiki), I recorded the output position in TSW for the non-notched mode. Then, select a notch value for each Zuiki position within the calculated bounds, adjusted for how you want to alter the output in TSW.

upload_2024-2-7_12-10-40.png

Skipping notches seems to be a problem, I can't quite figure out the reverse-engineering of what it's doing when values are missing.