Tōkyū Ōimachi Line/東急大井町線

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Class395, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Class395

Class395 Active Member

What is it?
    The Tōkyū Ōimachi Line is 12,4km rapid transit line which connects Shinagawa in Tokyo to Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki in Kanagawa Prefecture.
    [​IMG]
    The line has 18 stations with little spacing between and a high frequency as is common throughout the Tokyo Railway system. An end to end trip onboard a Blue service takes around 30min.

The services are classified into three different types:
    - Blue (Local): calls at all stations;
    - Green (Local): calls at all stations except Futako-Schinchi and Takatsu and runs on express tracks through these stations.
    - Red (Express): Only calls at Oimachi, Hatanodai, Ookayama, Futako-Tamagawa and Mizonokuchi

Rolling Stock
    Local services:
    - 9000 series five-car EMU

[​IMG]
    Express services:
    - 6000 series seven-car EMU
    [​IMG]

Cab Ride video:

• Like Like x 15
  2. Yes these rapid transit lines are brilliant! Short stops. The Odakyu has them too but probably not as many stops although many more stops than we have in Australia, due to high density population.

3. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

I never play any Tokyo subway simulation routes for a long time. It's worth to try soon!

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting but for something really Tokyo focused, what about the Yamanote Line? That was great in Densha de Go. Joe The Fish could really go to town with the timetable, too.

5. Class395

Class395 Active Member

True, the Yamanote Line is a whole another beast though. It's got 30 stations, is almost 35km long, takes around and hour to do the full loop and I think it's quite the task to go for in a hypothetical first Japanese route (not even mentioning the scenery as the line passes through Shibuya and Shinjuku)

[​IMG]

My train of thought was a shorter line which would give time to develop the necessary new features, ATS (Automatic Train Stop), Platform Edge doors and of course the new signalling which can get quite complicated in Japan with some signals and boards even displaying the new departure time for the driver. It would be very fun though, would love to have these in the game: http://yamanote.style

I want to see the Yamanote Line in TSW but I want it done right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

By the way there is a master list of Japanese suggestions for the game this belongs there. Parts of the route might have platform screen doors

7. Can you link it from here please?

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1