Xbox New Game-breaking Bug On London Commuter Since Tsw 3: Ai Trains Gets Stuck - Please Fix

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Sep 18, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

So, disappointingly, I've noticed what seems to be a brand-new bug on London Commuter on TSW 3 which I've never previously seen compared with it on TSW 2. :mad:

Twice now in two different timetable services, one in the afternoon, the other at night, there's an AI 4-car 377 which is stuck to the south of Haywards Heath on the northbound line - oddly it's not at any signals. The AI train seems to get stuck in the same place regardless of whatever time of day. As a result, all the other AI trains behind get stuck.

Just to note, firstly, it seems to take a while for this bug. For example, I was completing the multiple part 313 ECS from Selhurst to Lovers Walk when by the time I got towards Haywards Heath the AI train on the northbound was stuck. Another example, I completed a Brighton to Victoria return with the 387 on two different services, but all in one session, all fine until about an hour and a half later when on the return to Brighton, going past the south of Haywards Heath, the same 377 was stuck again. :|

Please, please, please DTG fix and sort this annoying bug out - I certainly hope this won't be left despite London Commuter now being a TSW 2 port to TSW 3 - it's my favourite route. I just hope this and the red signal call-on bug at Redhill are eventually fixed.

Have posted this also on the TSW 3 launch feedback - as weren't exactly sure which forum would be better.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sedevan

sedevan Member

Happened here too on PC Steam

Did the 1W22 from London to Brighton without issues then followed up in the same train on the 1M31 back to London.

About 500 yards south of Haywards Heath tunnel signal (at danger) there was a stopped AI 377 4 coach train with no destination displayed and was denied permission to take over. Strange as it had stopped in the middle of a signal block.

The offending train might have been the 1H11 from Littlehampton that joins up with another unit at Haywards Heath, not entirely sure but it was definitely a 4 car.

Never had this issue before on TSW 2.

Edit: The 4 coach train from Wivelsfield did in fact state LV as its destination

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DTG get your act together please with all the timetable services we have all had it when are u guys going to put a team together to have a look and see if all the timetable services work with no issues i for one am calling for a alpha stage for DLC's

4. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Make sure you submit a support ticket. Those at least go right to DTG vs the technical forum which seems to just disappear into the mist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cloudyskies21

So, last night I spent a couple hours to further investigate this issue - and seem to have worked out what the problem is.

The stuck AI 4-car Class 377 - which joins the map by the portal from the Wivelsfield branch - occurs because it should form the rear section of an 8-car service from Haywards Heath to Victoria following attachment. However, the main reason causing this is the front 4-car section originating from Littlehampton never arrives (doesn't even enter the map from the portal down by Hove/Preston Park!). Thus, the aforementioned rear 4-car from Eastbourne/Ore joins the Brighton Mainline in front but has nothing to join up with - so gets stuck!

For context this is how it occurred when playing the game:

- Spawned on foot at Haywards Heath at 1650 - at this time, platform 4 at Haywards Heath was empty.
    - At 1659, a 4-car 377 arrives on the map from the portal from the Wivelsfield branch at 1659, then departs Wivelsfield at 1702, and arrives at Haywards Heath at 1705.
    - The rear section from Littlehampton arrives at Haywards Heath around 1708.
    - Both attach to form an 8-car service and depart without issue (normally the bug occurs later, as seen below).
    - Later, during the same session, the next service is scheduled, this time, the front 4-car 377 should arrive at Haywards Heath from Littlehampton at 1738 - long story short, it never arrives (or even enters the map down by Hove/Preston Park portal).
    - Meanwhile, the rear 4-car section - due to arrive at Haywards Heath at 1740 - enters the map via Wivelsfield branch at 1733, it then arrives at Wivelsfield station at 1735 before departing at 1736. As this rear 4-car section has now joined the Brighton Mainline in front of the missing front 4-car section, it then gets stuck to the south of Haywards Heath at 1738 because it has nothing to attach too!
    - The first train that gets stuck behind is an 8-car 1A49 service.

Just for context, the first time I investigated this issue (before the above), I had no issue:

- Spawned at 1720.
    - During this time, having waited almost an hour, no AI train got stuck. For example, for the first Victoria-bound service, a front section from Littlehampton, and later a rear section from Eastbourne/Ore arrived, attached and departed Haywards Heath at 1744 without issue.
    - Later, during same session, for the next Victoria-bound service, the first 4-car section from Eastbourne, and later the rear section from Littlehampton, both arrive, attach and depart Haywards Heath at around 1814 - again no problems.

So, my hypothesis from all of the above is that if the front 4-car section is from Littlehampton, then it never enters the map via the portal, and causes the rear to be stuck as has nothing to attach at Haywards Heath. Please note though, there is no issue if the Littlehampton section is already on the map once you start a session - it's only when it has to join the map later by the portal - which explains why this bug does not occur straight away.

Hopefully this can help DTG to fix this bug with London Commuter on TSW 3.

• Like Like x 2
  6. max1313

max1313 Active Member

I have the same issue on PC. This is a must fix ASAP as this really does break the London commuter as you won’t be able to run continuous timetable service up and down the line

• Like Like x 2
  7. sedevan

sedevan Member

Props for clarifying cloudyskies21.

Yes, like if you spawn at Preston Park and wait for the train from Littlehampton for a few minutes, it never comes!
    There is an issue with the portal near Hove when you are running in real time so it seems.
    I have noticed on a southbound GatEX run to Brighton there was already a backlog of trains (south of HH) in the opposite direction halfway through the service.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cloudyskies21

Thanks no worries, I hope this gets fixed - London Commuter is such an amazing route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

10. max1313

max1313 Active Member

That’s a new one. Yea is a shame the only issue we used to have was the GWR gatwick service. Now that’s fix but have numerous other issues

11. neilwatson2007

neilwatson2007 Member

Same here, just ran a morning service about 9.15 to 9.30 my Xbox Series X from Victoria to Preston Park (Littlehampton and Eastbourne double header) and spotted the same, a train stuck close to Haywards Heath but couldn't take it over.

Got to Preston Park and noticed on PIS screen that the 9.23 service to London was delayed by over 45 mins so that would have been the front part of the stuck train that couldn't be driven

• Like Like x 1