Game Update Train Sim World 2 - Add-ons Manager Is Here

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Sep 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

I gave it a try on PS5 and, yes, the first time it crashed on load(timetable, 101, default highlighted service). On entering the game I was asked to log in.
    I restarted(no log in this time), timetable, 08, scrolled any service, had a play, all okay.
    Same with 52 and 31. Tried 101 again with the same and other services, even with a creators club livery, all okay.
    Don't know if this helps.

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Confirmed, can reproduce 100% of the time on Series X and S

3. Princess Entrapta

I don't have a dovetail login, so have never logged in, the prompt went away the first time I told it to and thankfully never returned, as I tend to avoid games which mandate any separate login. So this is not an option for me, as I am always not logged in.

There's currently no workaround I have been able to find for the diesel legends crash. I even tried loading up TVL and NTP to try 101 and class 31 services in the hope it might cache them in memory then, but that didn't work, this was before I learned from Tigert1966 that it seems whichever route you load which includes certain locos first, that loco then vanishes from other routes it should appear in.

One might surmise from this ICE experience that the addons manager associates it with the first route you pick which features it on first run and so clears it from memory when you load other routes, making it unselectable in those.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  4. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

I honestly hope that the Add-Ons Manager will not be rolled out on 9th generation Xbox for TSW3 at all. It seems to be absolute useless for Series X/S and only causes more trouble, so please release it for PlayStation only. I‘m glad for PS5 users that they can install all their DLCs again, that is pretty nice. But I must say that I‘m disappointed that there is no impact in terms of stability and performance on Xbox. The annoying crashes still appear on my Series S on Dresden Routes, so what for will this Add-ONS manager be on Xbox? As far as I know there is no limitation regarding Game and DLCs sizes there. And the update doesn’t affect the performance.
    In my mind these crashes are code based. And maybe also by the fact that the Series S must handle 4K textures in the GPU‘s ROM, even though it can‘t display 4K. The 1440p textures are badly missed, and my guess is that they would probably help solving the crashes. But to be honest, I think we will never know because DTG don’t care. And with the launch of TSW 3 they have a good argument not to solve any of these old bugs, because the legacy DLCs don‘t belong to TSW3, even though new customers can still buy them for TSW3. But who cares?
    I won‘t complain any longer about this, I will now enjoy the routes and stuff which work well on my Series S. And regarding Dresden It‘s my decision if I will only play the services which head to Riesa, so that if a crash happens, it will be right after the start. Or if I use the services leading back to Dresden, too and live with the circumstance that the game might crash just before the end.
    But please DTG, drop the Add-Ons manager for Series X/S!

5. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The Problem with German Routes is that. Dresden for example, has to load almost all other German DLC in the background. Unfortunately, the Addon Manager doesn't do much for that.

If you think about what still has to be loaded, most of it is unnecessary
    - Rapid Transit for the DB BR 182
    - Ruhr-Sieg Nord for the *DB BR 143, DB BR 185.2 and DB BR 155
    - Main-Spessart Bahn for the *DB BR 146.2, the *DB BR 185.2 and the DB BR 204
    - Rhein Ruhr Osten for the *DB BR 185.5
    - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr for the DB BR 101
    - Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen for the ICE3 and the DB BR 187
    - Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck for the DB BR 112 and the MRCE BR 182
    - Tharandter Rampe Dresden-Chemnitz for the *DB BR 143 and the *DB BR 363
    - Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg for the *DB BR 146 and the *DB BR 185.2

Everything with * is unnecessary because it is double or comes with Dresden-Riesa itself.

What DTG should do now is put a mechanism in the Game that prevents any Loco from having double and triple Substitutes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Any updates on the pres crew for tsw2?

7. Princess Entrapta

Anyone else noticed all the SPG locos are missing entirely? The only ones present for me there are DLC and layered ones (And the timetable has zero selectable locomotives if I remove those routes and loco DLCs). Is this the Addon manager? I can't imagine it's related to the decoupling of formerly core routes in TSW3, that shouldn't have changed anything in TSW2, right?

8. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I currently use TSW3 on PS4 Pro with 53 installed Dlcs (151 GB at all) and it loads better and faster just because of the new menu structure. So actually it runs quite well without an addon manager. In other words, if further development time is needed to make the tool more efficient, then it's ok according to the incoming TSW2 reports. Since TSW2 is a discontinued model, it can still serve as a test platform. But the patience of the waiting PS5 players certainly remains strained...

9. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

The CSX defaults are missing on second entry I think, with only creators club liveries showing.

10. Princess Entrapta

So I did a full reinstall and my CSX locos all came back, BUUUUUUTTTTTT, now the ICE is 100% missing from SKA AND DRA, it no longer simply disappears from one route when I start a service with it on the other route, it is wholly unavailable.

I'm now 100% positive this has to be the addons manager playing up, since it's the one common feature to my updated original install and my redownloaded fresh install.

I STRONGLY recommend DTG refrain from rolling this out to TSW3 until either these bugs are resolved on TSW2 or it is rolled back and removed on XBox if fixing it for TSW2 is too much of a time investment.

[Update]
    Closed the game down fully from the XBox menu. Restarted it again. All the CSX locos are gone once more and the ICE is also permanently AWOL. I do wonder if I owned any alternative stock that layered into BKL if the 1972 stock would also be absent.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

When all my contents are installed on my PS4 Pro it takes ages for everything to load the game, especially the splash screen, its like it cannot handle my amount of add ons, only ones I don't have are the long USA freight, everything else I own, but it takes so darn long for everything to load....and its installed on my internal PS4 hard drive. I had exactly the same issue with TSW2

12. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

I take it Step Two hasn’t been delivered before the devs have moved onto the TSW3 implementation, personally I was happier manually managing the installs on the PS5 as at least that way I could play the content I wanted rather than be locked out of, for example, every Scenario Planner service that uses a locomotive from a different add-on, no more “off the rails” until they fix this.

From dev post over on PlayStation forum “Step two brings the ability to use a new settings screen so you can manually mount or unmount anything you like beyond what is automatically selected. We are looking at including something like a thermometer bar so you can keep track of how much of your 64GB limit you’ve used up, allowing you to keep adding more and know exactly where you’re at, or indeed to remove any add-ons you don’t want made available and therefore keep your menus clear and focused on what’s important to you right now.”​

This seems like another case where a simple toggle would have proved helpful, do you want automatic add on management or stick to just installing less than 64GB? I’ve lost the ability to play all my content and wouldn’t have 200GB of free drive space to install all the stuff I’m not playing anyway.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  13. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was mentioned but I noticed that since the update Bakerloo only has the old paint/new journeys 72 stock available with 4 services. The regular tube train and it’s ~200ish services disappeared.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m surprised that explanation is still there and pinned as that approach to solving the issue was scrapped a long time ago. What has released now is the full fix but it just doesn’t work properly yet. There is no Step 1 and Step 2, what we have now in TSW2 is the finished article (tweaks and fixes required obviously).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Princess Entrapta

Aha! I did wonder if BKL would suffer this fate if any addons for it were owned. As someone who does not possess New Journeys, I have the full 201 services available. But your experience confirms my suspicion that the issues affecting SPG and SKA would also impact BKL if an addon for the route were present.

16. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

So, taking that into account, will we get all the services back everywhere if we uninstall new journeys? I am guessing no if you don’t have it….. this is all very odd

17. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

To be honest I’m not surprised all this is happening. At least it seems like at the core this add on manager works but there are a few isolated cases where specific DLCs aren’t loading.

Hopefully DTG can iron this out quickly (and before the feature comes to TSW3).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Princess Entrapta

I just hope they continue to test any fixes for it in TSW2, and get that game back to working right, before they finalise it for TSW3

• Like Like x 1
  19. richtayls

Ah, ok thanks, do you know if that means losing “off the rails” was a known side effect of the change or if it’s a bug? For example my Scenario Planner service running a Class 33 on Great Western Express now doesn’t work despite having the required DLC installed (I’m also below the 64GB limit anyway).

20. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

How do i even access the addons manager in the first plac4

21. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed this - At the start I will have both versions and all timetable services available. But as soon as I start one service, then when I go mack to select another, only the Silver train is available with just 4 services. If I exit the game and go back in, I see both versions and all services. It's re-createable on Xbox Series X and PS5. Another Ticket to raise.

Steps to recreate
    1. Go to Bakerloo
    2. Timetable Mode (both trains are available)
    3. Select either train
    4. Start a service.
    5. Quit or finish service
    6. Return to Timetable
    7. Only Silver train visible with only 4 services.
    8. Go to PS or XBOX Desktop and close TSW2, then restart it and both trains and full timetable available.

22. Princess Entrapta

You don't, it's automatically running in the background.

23. Princess Entrapta

Looks like the manager is unmounting the core content for a route the moment you either open another route or start a service, and never reloading them, leaving you stuck with the DLC content only.

Given this seems to be an issue primarily with BKL, SKA, and SPG - might I surmise that this is something to do with the content manager not properly recognising the core routes when it refreshes them, as they are not DLC? This could be good news for TSW3, I suppose as it may avoid the problem.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good observation. That may be the case and it shouldn’t affect TSW3 if it is. It does still need fixing for TSW2 of course. I wonder if DTG knew about this already as it seems like an easily reproduced issue from players’ observations.
    I can’t say if DTG knew about it but it shouldn’t be happening. Off the rails is an important aspect of scenario planner as it is required for the best use of the feature, as even real life compatible trains (such as a diesel running on an electrified track) require it.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

26. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

Not all have been released yet to tsw3 new journeys expansions hasn’t been added yet for the Köln route and csx and London
    Underground

27. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

Thomas Ham the koln route csx and london underground realsed on the 20th for tsw3

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  28. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

In addition to the above comment, the New Journeys routes were mentioned as being excldued from launch because they needed their own store pages set-up, which is currently being worked on and we will update soon.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

The more I read here and the more I test in TSW2, the bigger get my concerns about the Add-Ons Manager. Today I wanted to compare HHL in TSW3 and in TSW3 after the latest update by the preservation crew. I first used the red DB 182 in TSW3, then I wanted to use the same one in TSW3, but I recognised that the red 182 was no longer available for me on HHL. And this Loco has nothing to do with one of the core routes of TSW2. Very strange.

I totally agree with you. Currently the diversity of versions of same trains is a mess in TSW3, especially because of the content which is used as AI trains on SKW. Those 146.2 and DoStos can also be selected on other routes, but they cause a lot of trouble there. SIFA is not working on this specific 146 and the DosTo is preselected as „Mittlere Zugart“, so that the light 70 is shown after enabling PZB. It’s possible to switch this to „Obere Zugart“, but this SKW DosTo won’t move a bit. I hope that DTG will clean up the different versions, currently it is very confusing, especially with the new main menu in which you can't difference the versions of the same loco by the train's specific DB number anymore like in TSW2.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  30. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Any news on the add on manager for tsw3

31. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

That sounds to me like a confirmation that the Journeys DLC will be split into three small DLCs.

32. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's a mess on TSW2 so hopefully it stays away from TSW3 at least on PC and Series X- i know it's needed for PS consoles.

33. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

We’ll have more news on the next roadmap on October… hopefully

34. Tigert1966

I wouldn’t call it a mess. It has a few troubles which seem to be affecting locos in the core game but these reappear (at least for me) after a restart. This was irritating until I found the work around and I’m surprised it wasn’t spotted. I have a feeling it’s got something to do with New Journeys, but that’s a guess. The only game breaker I’ve found is Diesel Legends crashing every time.

Given how bad it could have gone , I’m pleasantly surprised. Been playing all week with no significant issues. It’s certainly nice to see everything on PS5 and on XBox, I had to reinstall Rapid Transit and that was it.

Have to say that DTGs Helpdesk was pretty good at responding to all of my tickets.

35. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

It’s not a mess on PS5 so

• Like Like x 1
  36. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Right like i said it's a needed fix on PS4/PS5, but seems like it's caused problems on Xbox where it wasn't really needed in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Princess Entrapta

Yeah, the easiest way to resolve this at the moment is just to remove it from the XBox versions, at least for now.

For the people experiencing these problems on PS4/5 like Diesel Legends not working, some kind of optional toggle might be in order while it's fixed.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  38. richtayls

It would be good if the game just checked it’s total size and enabled the add on manager only if it needed to, that way those of us keeping below the 64GB limit would still be able to run our ‘off the rails’ scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  39. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Ok, thx. Gotta check it on the german routes.

40. Princess Entrapta

Credit where it's due, neat work DTG on fixing Diesel Legends and bringing back the ICE and the SPG rolling stock.

Every attempt I've made to replicate the disappearances by running services on different routes has failed to produce it after the updates.

Anyone tested New Journeys on Bakerloo since the latest update?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  41. Tigert1966

Diesel Legends still crashes for me. If you have the heavy freight pack installed. So it’s only partially fixed for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

So now then. I’ve literally just got a PS5, and transferred all my stuff over from my PS4. I download all the routes etc, and surprise surprise, not all the routes and add ons have been downloaded.
    1. What do I do now?!
    2. When will this be resolved
    3. Why is there still a limit on PS5 for TSW3 even after they knew about it on TSW2?

43. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

The limit needs sorting out sooner than later but with tsw2 having small issues like crashing on a small number of bits. The manager needs to come out I have got at lest over 50% not installed I don't have all the dlc ever

• Like Like x 2
  44. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

So if I’d like to remove a route tempeorarity to replace it with another, what would I have to do?

45. Princess Entrapta

Because they finished the TSW2 version of the manager sooner since they had been working on it longer.

46. Princess Entrapta

Hmm, I tried every permutation of the Class 08, which is in both those packs, and DL services I tried at random seem to load fine, as well as the various locos native to Diesel Legends, and the Class 31. Curious.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Tigert1966

I've got this working on PS5 now.

I ended up uninstalling GWR, Diesel Legends, NTP and Heavy Freight and reinstalling them. Then all the locos appeared and no crashes. According to the recently installed list, it re downloaded Diesel Legends this morning. So I suspect something didn't download properly on Friday. Happy it's fixed though. Just need to see if I can get it to work on XBOX now.

EDIT : Reinstall worked on XBOX as well - No updates there though, so no idea what happened.

EDIT 2 : Just tested the Bakerloo Timetable issue (where it only showed 4 service for a second run). The patch seems to have fixed this as well.

That's all of my tickets resolved now. The only minor things I am seeing are 2 DB 143's showing up in some places. And the name of the Standard Livery Bakerloo Train sometimes disappears. Neither of those seem to be game breaking. I haven't tried creators club yet, but liveries that I subscribed to previously are showing up, I'm not subscribed to any scenarios though.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  48. richtayls

On the PS5 Home Screen press options when on the icon for TSW3, choose manage content, use the bin icons to delete and the down arrows to download. Keep your total size below 64GB and you’ll be fine.

49. Princess Entrapta

Odd, my XBoxes all showed new updates for stuff like Diesel Legends on Sunday morning when I got up, which is how I found it was working again.
    If you have automatic background updates on on your XBox, it'll download and install them while powered down so maybe that's why you missed the update happening? The reinstall will just have downloaded the new version, so if the update was dodgy that will have fixed it.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Tigert1966

Thanks, that explains it then. So looks like for some reason the Diesel Legends download came on Sunday instead of Friday. Add on manager seems to be working pretty well now.