PC Latest Route American Announcement & Speculation.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rare_common_sense, Oct 25, 2018.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    So, here we have our shot of the next mysterious route offering. I have two guesses, one which I have a solid guess for. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 8
  2. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Eastern US signal, 'Stop-and-proceed; at a restricted speed signal'? Might be wrong (correct me, if so) but definitely US based. I'm gonna go with LIRR from these two choices. Not that I wouldn't mind having some PRR based routes. However, we've already got the Horseshoe Cruve, back in TS20xx. Unless DTG plans on doing more remakes rather than never before done routes, then the LIRR, COULD be what we get (speculating, as this thread was intended for). LIRR hasn't seen the light of day in any simulator to date. Can't wait either way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Certainly not what I expected. I was hoping for a western US route but it appears that this is going to be another eastern route. I hope this won't be another CSX route as CSX is on the verge of being overused in my opinion. Personally, something Norfolk Southern or a commuter railroad such as LIRR, NJ Transit or Metro-North would be good.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

The textures look a million times better than the original HH. I might have to get this one if its any good.. it'll be my first purchase since WSR and GWE so things are looking up ;)

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Strongly suggest you watch the preview Twitch stream before you make any decisions to check that the graphics quality of the released version matches that pic.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Yes, i wont rush in..

7. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

So on the LIRR that is a stop and proceed signal. I remember myself and USRailFan007 qouting Steve that this up coming year (2018) would be a great year of MTA content. LIRR has yet to see the light of day in any Train Sim and HSC was represented already in TS1 so I think this maybe LIRR indeed. I doubt PRR because they’ve not done any older era routes like PRR yet. I think tomorrow we’ll get a big reveal on it but until then, let’s all hope that it’s the LIRR finally.

• Like Like x 6
  8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Hey, I wasn't too far off on the timing of this! I predicted "October 20th" earlier as the announcement date... looks like I was only a week or two early.

I think this is LIRR also. I remember- I can't remember where, so don't take my word on this- someone asking for some kind of Metro-North content for NEC unless their license was expired. They gave some cryptic answer along the lines of "We still have licensing ties to MTA, and we have future plans in store, wink face or something."

There's only a small chance that it isn't- does anyone from the area know if any PRR position lights like this remain on the Horseshoe Curve route? That would seem kind of like DTG, as they do seem to like recreating older routes in TSW, but at the same time tyhat streetlight in the back shows that this is a modern-day route.

EDIT: Yes, there arre, but they aren't in quite as good a shape sad this one. After RSN,I would think that kind of detail would be noticed, so yeah, I'm going 100% LIRR.

We'll probably know it's LIRR for certain in a couple days.

EDIT: Wait... if it is an LIRR route, that has been suggested many, many rtimes from the community. Does... does this mean that...

DTG LISTENED TO SOMETHING?!

Still, I guess we'll see.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  9. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Come on LIRR! Please!??

10. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

dx9 vs dx11.

11. solon

solon Active Member

We are not in a hurry. DTG takes time that it is necessary, and that he release a good editor and beautiful new scenes.

Wait and see.

12. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

14. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

Wasn't expecting this at all. I live right by one of the stations and see some of the others weekly and the recreation of it and the area is very accurate. Happy to see there are 26 stations too meaning it will go deeper into Long Island itself and not just be a Penn Station to Jamaica Ave route with a few extra stops after.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Pretty happy to see that they're doing LIRR, and also good to see that it's a network, not just a single branch line. Looks like we get the mainline until Hicksville, Hempstead Branch, and Belmont Racetrack.

Hopefully future DLC extends it and completes the network, but also interesting to see if they have 3rd Mainline track in this (probably not). Also interesting to see if this ever gets updated since there are massive changes and projects ongoing throughout the entire network.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

Whether a Geneva Sub Midwest (or Aurora sub west of Aurora doing single line which is needed!) or (or both!) a West coast route, it is in the pipeline I strongly suspect. It has to be.

The article on TSW announcement of LIRR with those screenshots look amazing!

Didn't anyone remember the clue they left in one of the studio updates, possibly July, about the physics they were working on for an American locomotive? Well I think it was American, American route.

Hopefully a single track route to Las Vegas from Victorville happens. Las Vegas would be epic and it is Union Pacific. Hoping to see an SD-70 and a C44-9W. or even Seligman sub as it has some very scenic moments through some canyons East of Seligman. And you have the Grand Canyon Railroad branch too. Seligman sub is not single track, but the Grand Canyon branch is.

SD40Australia-Daniel