Feeling A Little ...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BLRy, Sep 25, 2022.

1. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

First off, thank you for TSW3 ... I know the initial bugs will get worked out in time ;-)
    I have been enjoying it so far even with some adjustment to the new controls and lack of other controls I am used to, and some of the weird glitches. I have especially been enjoying the Livery Designer after much frustration and confusion as to how it works - but I have been figuring it out with the help of YouTube ;-) There are some really awesome designers out there.

However, yes there's a however.... I can't help but feel a little sad or depressed (or maybe ripped off?) that I cannot and will not be able to use my original TSW/2/2020 NEC: New York Route and add-on locos on the new platform. :-(
    Though I am most enamored by the CN Oakville Sub (I am Canadian and have always loved the CNR) and can now play that on TSW3, I also always enjoyed the option to run the CSX GP38-2 & Amtrack SW1000 units for something different. They now seem like wasted money unless I want to go play them on the old platform. Which is entirely possible but not now preferred.

Perhaps in the future Dovetail could work something out to make up for the loss? Maybe a reduced rate on a similar route and/or locomotives to those who had them and now cannot access them in TSW3? Especially the SW unit. I guess what I am getting at is that I miss the locos and would like an option to have them again on the format without having to change formats or buy them separately again in order to run them.

Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy, just feeling a little nostalgic maybe?
    Just fond memories and sad feelings as I move forward into the new platform.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, because of how the route was built and stuff, they couldn't just port it over since it would have needed to have been rebuilt from scratch. Plus, there were a lot of issues on it that only made it more difficult. Also gp40 but gp38 lol.

This will still come at some point since it is part of the nec but I would like for it to be longer.

For the gp40, it would be more worth it to come with another route and then layer onto where appropriate

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Well the GP40-2 was originally DLC for CSX:HH so it would make sense for it re-released as DLC for SPG if it were to happen

• Like Like x 2
  4. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I would like to know why my CN Oakville locos are not available in the CC. That would resolve the GP38-2 and add a GP9rm which would be awesome for me.