Express Freight Northampton - Edge Hill. Sos.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Sep 25, 2022.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve tried to complete this in both journey and timetable mode in Spirit Of Steam, however I keep falling victim to a SPAD near the beginning of it. After first setting off the first signal turns to red then after you’ve stopped it turns to green. Great! but between that one that’s just turned to green and the next green I keep getting a SPAD from what appears to be a none existent signal?

Is this a known Bug? or have I done something wrong? Maybe I’ve missed something?? Has anyone else encountered this? Either way I’ve currently given up trying to complete this after several failed attempts.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. I’m playing it within TSW3 and on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  2. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Isn't there an issue with SPADs in general in SoS? Could this be that issue, where an AI SPADs on the turntable?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's a known issue. Well, known to players and reported to DTG since the route's release in TSW2 but has been carried forward into TSW3. Appears it might be something to do with AI movements at Edge Hill SPADing a ground signal after exiting the turntable but there has been no indication when or even if it will get fixed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I just encountered this in the last couple days as well. Same problem on the same service. The exact spot seems to vary, sometimes I get some ways past that first stop point, sometimes I barely move forward and it happens.

Disappointing to find its an issue thats persisted since release.

DW

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply’s.

I suspected it might be a bug. At least I now know it’s not me. Very annoying though and like others have said I also hope they fix it.

Apart from that I’m enjoying SOS a lot after being indecisive about whether to buy it or not for so long. Surprisingly I’ve picked up driving these puffing Billy’s quite easily which I didn’t think I would thanks to watching some very helpful YouTube videos.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a known issue caused by an AI train that causes a SPAD. So it is not your fault. The bad news is that it is not yet fixed.