PC Es44c4 Changing Cab With Keyboard Combo Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nz_kiwi, Sep 25, 2022.

1. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

HI,
    I am having an issue with TSW3 that was also happening in TSW2. When I try to change cabs using the Ctrl plus or minus keyboard combo more often than not nothing happens. If I hit these combos enough times it will change but never on the 1st go. What is also happening when I go to change cabs is that there is a digital clock that pops up in the HUD in the lower right corner and the words "sitting" also flash on screen. Does anyone know what may be causing this? and if so how did you fix it?
    regards Tom

2. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Try switching to the exterior cameras (2 or 3) at the rear of the train first - I've found with the really long consists on Cajon Pass that the cab switch will occur (you can see the HUD change) but the actual camera position won't go to the other end of the train due to the game needing a loading screen for such a long jump (you can get it on SPG as well but I've not had the cab switch issue there yet). Using the external camera initially will force the loading screen, then the cab switch will work visually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try when I get home later.

regards Tom

4. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

Well. It seems to work a bit better, not perfect, because it is still "hit and miss" but at least it works better, so thanks for your help. Actually; It was on the Sand-Patch grade in TSW2 where I 1st came across this issue.I wonder if the support team are aware of this? I might just flick them a ticket. anyway, thank you.

regards Tom