Bristol - Cardiff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuxcatazuma, Sep 26, 2022.

1. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Hi All,

I trying to run the freeware route by Network ScotEast (https://alanthomsonsim.com/downloads/network-scoteast-phase-one/), but I'm missing some foliage assets along the route. I've realised that I I'm missing the Bristol to Cardiff route listed in their requirements. I believe this was replaced by the Bristol to Swansea now on Steam (which I do have), but is there anyware I can still buy/download the files for the old Bristol to Cardiff route?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. tuxcatazuma

After watching another video of someone else running the route, I see the missing scenery is this brick wall. Could this be from my missing Bristol to Cardiff route, or am I barking up the wrong tree haha?

Attached Files:

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Firstly, try putting your scenery density slider to max in the graphics settings.
    Secondly, if that doesn't work and you need Bristol - Cardiff then you can get a copy of TS2017 at Humble Bundle which includes the South Wales Bristol - Cardiff route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. tuxcatazuma

Thanks Nick. My scenery density is already at 100, so I might try the Humble Bundle route

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No worries.
    I had a similar problem when I picked up a 3rd party route and it needed the Bristol-Cardiff route.
    If you wait, Humble often do sales for the various TS route bundles so you could get it cheaper.

6. paulkemp

paulkemp New Member

There's an easier way. In the assets folder copy your bristol-swansea folder. Rename it bristolcardiff I think.

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You do that and then post a screenshot please ;).

Edit: All you're getting by doing so is invalid paths, as the path information is stored in almost each asset file. So don't try that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2022