Raining Whilst It Is Sunny

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Sep 25, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

One issue I have with dynamic weather is that it starts raining whilst there are barely any clouds in the sky, with it still looking very sunny on the ground.

The issue with rain is that it often starts raining too early, before the clouds have realistically filled the sky. So it starts raining when it is clear sky above.

I believe this is down to rain not being localised, but instead it being global. It does not take into account of the current cloud conditions above me, but have instead set to a simple 'on/off' state.

The picture below shows this issue. It is raining but all the clouds are in the distance, with it being clear on top of my train.

upload_2022-9-25_22-48-9.png

• Like Like x 17
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Thats quite usual happens frequent here in Sweden

• Like Like x 2
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Also known as, "a wolf giving birth," or "the devil beats his wife and marries his daughter," if you happen to prefer more... intercultural names.

Cheers

5. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Devil's Carnival over here

6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Precedent.
    "Have you ever seen the rain
    Comin' down on a sunny day"

Was written in 1970.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

It's not a bug, not a feature- just nature. And it's not clima or something like this! It is just and only natural! Natural. Like at it ever was. No need to glue on streets!

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a bug or possibly just bad design. It has always been present in Journey mode where the weather is set manually by someone at DTG and light rain is very often accompanied by a barely cloudy sky. With dynamic weather it is very noticeable when the clouds go away but the rain persists and it isn’t replicating a real life situation in the slightest.

All talk of it happening in real life doesn’t help because although it can rain form a cloud and also be sunny because no clouds are blocking the sun, there still needs to be a cloud above or somewhere close to above if it is windy for it to happen. What is happening in TSW is not a sun shower but bad weather simulation in the game. Some small clouds but constant rain, not showers, and even nearly all clouds going but the rain still raining for a bit longer.

The weather where I am today was showers and a partially cloudy sky with a nice fresh wind too. The rain has been on and off all afternoon but when it has rained there has been a cloud above and as the sun was getting lower in the sky it was indeed sunny and raining at the same time for a few minutes but there was still a cloud directly above for every shower and it was constantly changing. There was even a fantastic rainbow at one point while I was walking home from my parents house. Sun showers exist, I was caught in one this evening, but that’s not what is happening in game. TSW has constant rain from a barely cloudy sky and is not realistic.

• Like Like x 9
  9. londonmidland

stujoy Thank you.

All this talk about sun showers is irrelevant to what is happening in TSW. Whilst dynamic weather is nice, its still not quite there yet and need refining a bit more.

Talking of which, it'd be nice if the clouds had more variety in terms of structure and colour. Such as in Summer when there is a thunderstorm approaching, you get those wonderful threatening and dark, grey looking clouds approaching. I believe we only have rather plain looking white fluffy clouds in TSW 3 at the moment.

• Like Like x 7
  10. londonmidland

Actually I take back what I said about the lack of cloud structure and colours :love:

TSW3_Josh_1664232453_00.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Sure this happened to me when driving the other day. I did actually think to myself also, this is what happens in TSW3