PC [editor Download] - Tsw 2 & Tsw 3 Unofficial Editor V0.3.3 + Tutorials

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 10, 2021.

1. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

If you’re running Windows 10, it doesn’t use service packs. Just make sure you’re fully up to date with Windows Updates.

Also, just a very small hunch. When did you last select Restart from the power menu? Shut Down works differently to a restart and I wonder if your PC hasn’t been restarted in a very long time. Chances are it won’t work but give the PC a restart, rather than selecting Shut Down. Worth a shot. If not, then I’m out of ideas.

2. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Jus restarted a lot of times, but isn't this the problem.

I've completely forgot that my version of W10 have only the very needed update and not the commercials one (this is the time for a big palmface): the enterprise version haven't commercial and small update but only the stables and necessary!
    I never appreciate Cortana helper and that commercial stuff....

In this days looking for understanding if it is the problem!

3. josh_the_tech

I recall now you saying you’re on the Long Term Support version of Windows. Ideally you should be on the latest or version before (21H2 or 21H1 respectively)

The long term support version is intended for enterprise customers who have specific legacy apps that could break with upgrades. However, there is a risk it could cause compatibility issues with newer apps, albeit rare.

My suggestion is to move off onto the main branch (you’ll have to Google how) and if you don’t like stuff like Cortana (which is pretty much gone in modern Windows 10), you can find plenty of resources online on how to remove the bloat.

Once you’ve done that, try the editor again. If that doesn’t work still then another option is to try setting up a Virtual Machine and ensure you have Virtualisation enabled on your motherboard so it can utilise the GPU. It would be less responsive but could be an alternative to re-installing Windows.

4. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Just pick up my old PC to do some experiments with W10 and it's upgrade.
    In this days looking for instal the 21H2 upgrade and see what the editor do, then I'll report here the results!

Thanks for all suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  5. josh_the_tech

Hi, I'm making progress on my GWE based scenario. However, this is a map where the DTG team didn't specify Portals as destinations in the dropdown on the timetable editor, unlike in newer routes like SEHS (TrainSim-Adam Hint hint for the GWR preservation work ;););)).

Is there any way in the unofficial editor or with FModel I can find out if a track ribbon is a portal track? Reason why is I'm trying to find out is if the Heathrow tunnel tracks can support portal entering and exiting as I'm not having much joy making my train exit, but my train has been acting strange around that area anyway as the Dispatcher won't dispatch this GX Class 387 past Hayes & Harlington anyway (but think that's a different issue as the 166 is dispatched no problem).

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  6. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Hi!
    After a new installation of window and a lot of times, I finally can tell you that now the editor work fine.
    I've also try tu unpacking something, following the tutorial, with the command line in PowerShell but this one not working and remains me a "cripto command" o something similar....
    Sorry if I not paid more attention but I was late to go at work!
    Tomorrow try another time...
    For now I'm very excited that the editor work and for me it's just a goal :)

7. josh_the_tech

Use command prompt, not PowerShell. If you follow the steps using command prompt and the correct syntax, you'll be able to unpack fine. There is a video on the docs too https://tsweditor.github.io

8. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Do it as before but...... How you can see in the pic.

(Shame: at any step, any problem...)

Attached Files:

9. josh_the_tech

Can you try a different pak and see if you get the same issue? Rivet Games may have encrypted their pak file for that route.

10. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Ok, tryed the Boston-Providence route and it work.
    I must remember that this editor is a very beginning work in progress and I can find a lot of difference in a lot of things that's I try to do ;)

11. Connor_RI

Connor_RI New Member

Is it possible to make a custom consist available in the timetable trips? I've made the consist I want and tried to change it in the editor but no luck. The consist was 1 ACS-64 and then some MBTA coaches and a cabcar, I used a copy of the current timetable for the Boston Sprinter and just changed the consist info for it but no luck with it..

I also attached a file with the timetables and formations I'm trying to use if that helps any

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  12. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

I think currently the only way to change a timetable consist would be to overwrite the original consist, leaving the timetable untouched, even then it would need to have exactly the same number of vehicles as the original.

My understanding is that our ability to mod timetables is very restricted because we can't update the associated data track (where everything is supposed to be at any given moment) to match the edit to the timetable. I tried making a very minor edit to a timetable, just didn't work, services disappeared, I assume because the data track becomes out of sync.

13. Connor_RI

Connor_RI New Member

I'm not sure if you can, I've tried to do that but the files are locked and don't seem to actually change when I change them, probably because I can't save the change. Not sure how to unlock/lock them since duplicating and then deleting the original one seems to cause the game to not launch cause of corrupted files... I've also tried to do it via a new plugin but that doesn't do anything either.

Also when duplicating then changing and finally cooking, for whatever reason, the Cabcar formation doesn't get cooked, not sure why..

14. Will

Will Active Member

It isn't possible to edit existing timetables, they can only be viewed at the moment.
    The editor won't cook already cooked content, so the reason for the formation not cooking could be that or it is crashing before reaching the formation. This can be caused by some other cooked assets that don't work in the editor and can be minimised by deleting any cooked assets that are not being used.

15. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

How to merge a route - this require at least basic knowledge of how to work with editor and pak stuff for TSW
    So after releasing Unofficial Editor v0.2 you are able to open tiles. Then i saw couple of threads about route merging. As i merged LIRR with NEC (TSW 2020) and RRO with RSN (TSW 2020 and TSW 2) - same for both UK routes (ECW and the other with TSW 2) i decide to share with you informations how to do it. First you need to know that dispatcher will not work which means that for passing the part with right signals you will need some commands or even SPAD remover.

Lets start... we will take for example RRO and RSN. What you need to do first is unpack both routes using UnrealPak with command UnrealPak yourpakfile.pak X:\somepathwheretoextract\ -extract
    Once you have done that then you can copy both route plugins into the editor (you should already know how to work with the editor). Then decide which map will be your main one and which you will add as an extension... think about it and then load tiles from the map which you will keep as a main. RSN and RRO got main part on Hagen station so if you decide to open RSN then you should find Hagen and then wrote on the paper all tiles which are after that (those are going into the portal).
    If you start with RRO then its simmilar but you can go more far from Hagen to the RSN part... important is to get the last tile with working rails before portal!
    Once you have done RNS or RRO tiles done on your paper then you can close the editor and start that magic :) First of all create new folder named the same like RRO or RSN (not in the same plugin forlder, just choose some space on your drive and recreate the folder structure of your main route plugin - Content\Map\Tiles\).
    There is some system how the tiles are placed in the game... they are named with X and Y (for example x-1_y1, x-1_y2, etc. where mostly X is left and right from 0, and y is up and down from 0). Now we will start copy the tiles... you will copy tiles from route which you will use like an extension! So if your main route is RSN then you will copy tiles from RRO... for the ones who choose RRO like a main route they will copy RSN tiles (hope its clear :D ).
    So for example on you paper you have tile x0_y1 then you will copy LT, ST, TS and TT of x0_y1 into your new Tiles folder. Then if the main is RSN and you will use RRO for extension then all x0_y(anynumber + or -) and x1..x99 with all y you can copy into the new folder, dont use lower number after that x! If your first x is x3 then dont use x2 as that will overwrite for example the station (its not bad but you will not be able to reach the station from RSN side). If your main tile number is x-2 then dont go under x-2 (like x-3 etc...) - thats because RRO is left part of RSN so x should go only up.
    Opposit is of course if your main route is RRO and your extension will be RSN... then again your main tile can be x-2... you will have to copy x-3 and lower (important is always to check how is the map and tiles created as sometimes you will need to keep x and mess with y parts..)

Now lets explain what is those LT, ST, TS and TT prefix.
    LT - landscape tiles (its landscape)
    ST - scenery tiles
    TS - track scenery tiles
    TT - track tiles

Once you have copy over all needed tiles then you are all done. The rest is not needed. Now you just need to pak your mod and copy it into your DLC folder. Then load RRO or RSN route and enjoy the ride :)

For more skilled users - you can edit scenario planner main file for routes and add route from RSN to RRO (start to end) and of course some traffic on both routes.... just there is those dispatcher difficulties. For AI trains you should use parts without Hagen station (so they dont go over that part). For your train you will not be able to see the whole path as dispatcher cant really create route thru that connected part. This require tons of more editing to make that work but for basic this tutorial should be perfect :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  16. ligmaliv

ligmaliv New Member

Is the editor not compatible with the current version? When starting the editor, after unpacking the game main Pak, I get this error:

upload_2022-8-5_2-49-3.png

17. Sharaf

Sharaf Member

I'm not even able to figure out how to get it to work with the game.

18. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

How can you make a custom scenario on using the map for placing trains? I extracted the pak files but they never show up in the editor.

19. Will

Will Active Member

You'll need to make sure the content folders from the extracted pak files are copied to the correct place in the editor and 'show plugin content' is checked under 'View Options'.
    There is a guide for extracting pak files here: https://tsweditor.github.io/docs/extractGame
    [​IMG]

20. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I tried using the map for Sand Patch Grade but it crashes when I load the scenery tiles but I read on the website you linked me to look at it says it sometimes crashes the editor. Will we have an editor for TSW 3 to make custom scenarios?

21. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

hi does this still work with TSW 3

22. trainsimcz

Yes, TSW 3 is TSW 2 just renamed with some new classes and new menu screens. Bugs are still the same :)

23. trainsimgaming1001

Thought so!

24. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Could that be why the editor crashes when I load a map in the editor like for Sand Patch Grade and load landscape scenery tiles from the Tiles folder? Another question is why does the locomotives from the Peninsula Corridor that get extracted crash the editor but the route itself doesn’t crash the editor? Did changing to TSW3 make the editor crash?

25. trainsimcz

[​IMG]

New version of Unofficial Editor is out. You can download it here:
    https://github.com/tsweditor/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.26-TSW-0.3

Change list for new version:
    - Added reskinnable definitions
    - Added ribbon loft descriptor thumbnails
    - NetworkRenderProxyActors can now be exported to static meshes
    - Fixed crashes from merging cooked meshes
    - Better cooked blueprint editor
    - Added various blueprint function libraries
    - Added Virtual HID components
    - Added debug box rendering on VHID components
    - Pak mounting (Pak files no longer need extracting)
    - Added timetable editor comment box
    - Fixed various crashes when loading 'Track Scenery' tiles
    - Added alternative landscape materials for some routes
    - Added route map (This basically needs rewriting but might be useful for finding information about signals)
    - Much faster startup times (Due to cooked blueprints being loaded differently)
    - Improved cooking (Any assets not included in the plugin but referenced are ignored)

For instalation you just need to download UE-Editor0.3.part1.rar and UE-Editor0.3.part2.rar, and then extract part1.rar. It should extract the other pak. This version dont require extracting main core .pak file as you can mount .pak files right once you start the editor for the first time. In editor settings later you can find TSW section where you can enable or disable other DLCs.

This editor should work with TSW 2 files too without any problems.
    Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. trainsimcz

Here is some screens from changes:
    [​IMG]
    - just path to your TSW 2 or TSW 3 - no more pak extraction

[​IMG]
    In editor preferences there is a Unofficial Editor section where you can find your setting for DLCs and main core pak. There you can activate and deactivate your DLCs for the editor (every changes require restart editor)

[​IMG]
    Map from the editor (you need to load TT tiles to be able to show the map). You can zoom in/out and see even signals.

[​IMG]
    - added better support for child BP files, now you are able to see even all components on the left side, and boxes with the component on the viewport
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In your timetable file you can now add comments so you know whats going on there :)

There is of course more changes but those are the most visible ones.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. trainsimgaming1001

Can we edit already cooked time tables or not?

28. trainsimcz

You can edit cooked ones for scenarios but you are not able to edit the main timetables (you are able to open them). First we are not able to generate timing data yet (that will take long time to do) and then there is copyright issue too as there is already payware timetables which you will be able to release for free with changed formations. We dont want to have any copyright issues with DTG - even their "official public editor" which they were working on was not able to edit or even open existing cooked timetables so we will keep it like that too.

29. josh_the_tech

Amazing work! Thanks so much for continuing to improve the editor trainsimcz and Will!

• Like Like x 1
  30. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Well I’m happy we don’t have to extract stuff anymore in the new editor

31. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

The scenery tiles from Sand Patch Grade causes the route to crash

32. trainsimcz

Possible, you dont have to load all scenery tiles. If there is problems then you can always extract the pak, and then remove some stuff from RailNetwork (junctions, signals, etc... which are not needed but sometimes they crash the editor)

33. Will

Will Active Member

I just tried loading the whole of the Sand Patch Grade map and it doesn't seem to crash with the latest version (0.3)

34. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I watched your video on YouTube are the scenery tiles not all needed when making a custom scenario without using the Scenario Planner?

35. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Help! I have the latest version of the editor installed and it is showing the me the startup map but I can't seem to find anything useful in terms of TSW3 DLCs.

Ideally I would like to take a look at, and possibly edit, a homebrew scenario I have made in the planner for the TVL but haven't a clue how or where to start looking for any of the TVL assets.

36. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

You can view dlc content. In the editor - settings > train sim world. There you can mount in whatever dlc paks you need. Restart the editor to take affect.

If you need to copy assets in order to edit them you have to unpack them first to the editor dlc folder.

• Like Like x 1
  37. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

So to make custom scenario do you have to have a custom map to be made in the Map folder or will the default map that came in TSW3 work?

38. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

Explains a lot to get started.

39. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I make a map and when I get tiles and some crash the editor mainly the landscape tiles crash it. And does having low space on the hard drive cause crashes?

40. Will

Will Active Member

What route are you trying to load? There are some that may crash when loading certain tiles. I don't think low disk space would cause a crash though unless the drive is completely full.

41. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I’m trying to upload the map of Sand Patch Grade and Peninsula Corridor. The track tiles load just fine in the editor for both of those routes. Do I test the other routes to see if it doesn’t crash the editor?

42. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I tried Peninsula Corridor and the scenery tiles all loading cause a message to appear saying memory got used up and adjust graphics settings and it causes a crash.

43. atpyatt

Are you trying to load all the scenery tiles at once? I wouldn't recommend that, it's a better idea to work in small sections only loading the tiles you need. Use the "summon world composition" button to view a map of the tiles so you can work out which ones you need.

upload_2022-10-2_21-9-20.png

44. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I do try that so I’ll try to use what I need thanks for the advice on this. I don’t know why the Sand Patch Grade map crashes when I load the tiles in close proximity when the landscape scenery tiles. Are they buggy?

45. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

Tried Peninsula Corridor (loading all Scenery Tiles) and no problem here. Same for SPG Landscape Tiles. What sector you had/have a crash in?

Screenshot_SJ.jpg
    Screenshot-SPG-LT.jpg

46. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

47. atpyatt

It looks like fence splines no longer work in the editor. When I load up my WCL mod, you can't see the fences I added any more. The assets are still there but the blueprints no longer render.

48. trainsimcz

Yeah spline stuff stopped working because DTG change that so we need to rework that to make that working again.

49. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

ue4editor not comparing and shadercompileworker are working!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  50. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

it crashes on network renderer!!!