Passenger Clones And What Happened To Rush Hour?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by benuildo, Sep 25, 2022.

1. benuildo

benuildo Member

I was playing some scenarios tonight on Southeastern Highspeed and I realised that there where very few passengers on the stations.
    Then I looked inside my train and there were even fewer passengers in the train. The Scenario was 'Shopping Shuttle', by the way. You are driving an additional train because of the holiday weekend. So why is my train empty? :(

Then I realised that the few persons on the stations are always the same woman in different colors. I walked around and I couldn't find a different character. By the way, I have never seen so many women with green hair in reality on real trainstations. ;)

Then I switched over to timetable mode and started a new game. Now I had clones of an other woman. I started again... clones of an other woman. Never had men.

So finally I have one question. What happened to Rush Hour passengers? Is that off the table? :(

System: PS5
    Route: Southeastern Highspeed
    Different modes.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Rush hour passenger density, diversity and improved animation were supposed to come last year for the three routes in the bundle, BML, Boston and Dresden. The reason that this did not happen for BML is that it apparently caused some " instability " in the route/game.

There was a vague commitment to include these features in ensuing and, perhaps existing routes, but, for various reasons, this hasn't happened, except for the animation which is still promised for BKL, I think.

The whole " Rush Hour " feature set has become something of a fade-out, spotty at best in its implementation.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  3. robsinnit

robsinnit New Member

The Rush Hour has become a cash cow which will be never be finished and wont be because of DTG's business model .We will not promise to look into the errors which we created but we will try and bring the same bugs into TSW3. Congratulations , i guess you did that . It amazes mw from such a big company that you fail to find bugs which has been reported in TSW2 and carried on to TSW3 . I work as a musician , I am so frustrated that you have let this piece of work ( which could have been pretty damn good ) released in such a poor way . Wake up , this is so very bad workmanship

• Like Like x 2
  4. benuildo

benuildo Member

I think it's a pity that there aren't more routes with rush hour passengers. I hope dtg is still working on it? ;) TrainSim-Matt

The other problem with the clones is probably a bug, or am I the only one?

[​IMG]

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s not an issue but the Matrix mode.

6. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I'd Have to sadly agree with everyone here, as I'm currently Playing the latest German route with ICE 403 And little to no passengers. Very disappointed

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

With Rush Hour passenger density, we have a maximum amount of passengers set for a route or 'spawn' point - with larger routes with larger trains and more platforms, that can be spread a lot more thinly, giving the impression of 'less' passengers overall. Routes with Rush Hour passengers enabled though all follow the same system.

• Like Like x 1
  8. benuildo

benuildo Member

So does that mean Rush Hour passengers are activated for SEH?
    That doesn't explain why there is only one passenger model on the whole route.

9. i for one am so sick of the passengers system rush hour or not its a joke over the past year its gone from bad to worse passengers just disappearing is a joke its not train simulator it should not happen on TSW plus i hate it when u start a service u open the doors and loads of passengers come out of the train when in real life when a service starts passengers are waiting on the station platform and aboard the train its time dovetail looks into this i for one am liking the passenger system built for the upcoming SimRail where u see them aboard walk to there seat and same when they getting ready to leave the train its time for dovetail to stop kidding thereselfs and come up with a whole new system where its all balanced without issues

• Like Like x 2
  10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

But the behaviour of the NPC's should get tweaked. I really don't see 200 passengers per station on the Kassel route but they are probably there. The stations aren't that big but if all 200 passengers decide to go sit on one train the station looks empty. Set a maximum limit of NPC's that can board an AI train and platforms will look busier I guess.

The same goes for passengers on a players train. Set a maximum of NPC's that can leave the train based on the station size. Set a minimum amount of NPC's that should be waiting your train's arrival.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

To me the new passenger system is a bit silly. The amount of people with random coloured baseball caps on backwards and then the amount of people going around with purple and pink hair. I feel like I'm transporting around a pack of clowns.

I do like they way they deploy umbrellas in the rain, that is a nice touch. But the haircolour and clothes is a times very very silly looking.

• Like Like x 6
  12. benuildo

benuildo Member

Probably a circus is in town.
    ...and Dr. Mephesto. ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Problem is it's hard to determine which routes have " rush hour " passengers and which don't.

BML we know about, and Boston seems to have a 24/7 rush, but what of Harlem and SEHS, which don't appear to be busy at the right times and places. For instance, unless something has changed recently, I found 125th on the Harlem line, pretty deserted in the evening rush.

14. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I've also found it difficult to spot if rush hour passengers were added. Most routes have Rush Hour passengers but something is wrong with how they spawn. I've noticed on many routes that platforms are deserted but fill up by the time you leave or have left the station.

15. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

It doesn't seem to matter that much to be honest, if RH is enabled or not. RH routes like Dresden still have the same core issues with passengers: they tend to mostly escape at the start of a service and then you end up driving a mostly empty train.
    Harlem passengers are a joke, I've never seen more than a couple of bored passengers hangin' around my departure platform in GCT. You just drive empty trains back and forth, rush hour or not. Especially the express ones. Boston is, for some reason, the only route in TSW that actually feels somewhat populated by people, and the passengers do not seem to escape as soon as you open the doors at the start of a service. But overall rush hour passengers are a complete failure in my book and the existing passenger system is my #1 complaint about the sim, I think.

16. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Passengers spawn too late and they reach the front of the train when it´s time to close the doors and leave. Sometimes even after that point.
    Then, big stations with multiple trains in it and other trains coming in are affected by the newly introduced 200 passengers cap quietly introduced in TSW 3.
    You have trains that each can accommodate way over 200 passengers yet the trains run empty due to the cap.

It reminds me of the decision to make all cars in freight trains the same color to avoid performance issues/loss. Now they added diversity for passengers and it led to this again. By analogy, they might be reverting to less diversity-more quantity approach again.

Hundreds of services per day, too bad there is nobody around. The timetables are based on 2019 schedule with 2021 pandemic level of passengers. Covid-19 DLC?

17. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

I think a closer look needs to be made at the passenger behaviour. Many tend to get off at the first station on route, which is a bit weird at say somewhere like Brighton London Road.

They also seem to arrive en masse, rather than build up.

Likewise at certain times trains into London should be busier than those leaving and vice versa.