Possible Expansion Pack For Tsw3?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 7, 2022.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Then some wonder why some call it a cash grab and can't handle people saying that

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Definitely a pass for me. Basically the same F7 from CRR.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Hmm... a Class 66 for a route which already has a Class 66. Another BR 182 reskin on a route which already features BR 182s. I gotta admit the F7 looks cool, but I don't like Cajon Pass enough to buy a loco purely for that route.

Now, if any of these locos would also add some layers to other routes, or would have some new rolling stock added with it, I'd probably be more excited.

• Like Like x 3
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Going dowhill with F7 will be definetly tones of fun except its compatybility with the rest of the world. Oh my, the wrong DoSto syndrom is back in full glory. I can understand this will be problematic for many good people :)

RHTT & the new rolling stock looks cool.

Taurus is nice in this livery but seems to be substitutional overkill for not very super exciting freight experience called SKW.

Cant wait mainly because of F7' downhill to SB and nicely weathered RHTT set. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2022
  5. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Still waiting for some german steam BRs or diesel BR232.....
    Tharandter Rampe is just perfect for such locos.
    The collectable posters are already hints for steam locos so i guess DTG has maybe prepared for this route?

Btw. there are already turntables and engine sheds at both ends of this route.
    Coal refilling place is available too....just add water station and bring the steam monsters. I am ready! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I'm quite excited about the RHTT. I'd been driving simulated cars for the last few days, but last night was thinking about driving the Class 66 in the autumn rain. And now DTG announce this!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Suryaaji#2369

DTG should read this. I'm in the same league with you man. Your suggestions far better than an old F7 on modern Cajon Pass.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'll have to wait and see about included services and scenarios before deciding on this one. Definetely not enough there to sell me just yet. Then again, they're sold individually at about a third of a normal loco's price, so if the timetable and scenario enhancements are worht it I might very well pick up the 66 and 182

• Like Like x 2
  9. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I notice for the RHTT it says that it won't actually affect the adhesion, which is fair enough I guess. But, presumably if you're using it then implicitly the RHTT will be driving on tracks in less than ideal circumstances, so it would be interesting if that was simulated (although maybe you can do that be setting the weather to cold and wet).

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I already said what I said earlier, and Ill keep my stance, much more better options that this... And now it doesn't even come with period stock?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Suryaaji#2369

It feels like a punch in our face as an American trains enthusiast.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Diesel Legends all over again

13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I'll buy it for the RHTT.
    Shame they chose the 66 as I've never seen them on these trains locally.
    Saw one running to Ashford last week with a pair of 73's.
    Dtg missed a trick here.

14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean DR 52.80 65.10 Rekolok along with DR BR132 DR BR106 DR BR112 (Original Paint for DB BR204) those are what you see inside Chemnitz Hillbersdorf on Tharandter Rampe Route

15. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Sounds good :)
    The BR132 is previous variant of 232, right?
    I am not so familiar with the exact build numbers but i remember this locos.
    As a child (in the mid 80s) ive visited the area of Cottbus, Dresden and Zwickau and i saw this locos very often there.
    Dont know if the V180 was used on Tharandter Rampe there too but its also a nice loco and i saw them in the mentioned area too.
    It would fit to the other locos. :)

16. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Just looking at this article, '66' appears in it a whole bunch of times:
    https://www.rail-record.co.uk/rhtt-2019-everything-you-need-to-know/

It makes clear that the 66 isn't the only loco used for RHTT, but also that they are used quite a bit :)

17. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I accept that, but I've never seen them in that role in the Ashford area, where they will be used in game.

Given it is ninety percent recycled assets, it looks a somewhat pathetic gap filler for Dtg.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Using a DB66 is just wrong 2 ways. Should be a GBRF 73.

They make a point of saying no unbranded trains but to me this is worst.

Did DB ever hold the contract for RTT in the southeast? I can't find anything to support they did.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Help me with this train of thought please...

If the Dispolok BR182 comes with new freight services, does that mean they intentionally left out services from Kassel-Würzburg route which could've been added with any of the other BR182s already ingame?

• Like Like x 3
  20. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just a quick list of what was announced regarding services/scenarios regarding this pack.
    • Each loco will come with 3 scenarios each (Similar to how the New Journey's Pack was).
    • The RHTT Comes with 16 services during the September-November months of the year.
    • The Santa Fe F7 comes with 18 new services to the existing timetable.
    • the Dispolok 182 comes with 10 new services, plus 1 or 2 extra AI services (Interested to find out what they are, as I can't really see what else it can add, other than more of whats already available freightwise).
    Interestingly enough, some of these services seemed to have already existed in game, as counting up the services for the individual services for each of the locos featured don't match that of the overall service number (585 when it's listed 601 for SEHS and 102 when it's 120 for CJP. It's also listed 121 when it's 128 for KWB, but I have found 5 drivable services that are not listed in the service selection, taking that total up to 126. But's that's something worth it's own thread about).

• Like Like x 1
  21. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there once an express parcels service on this line with higher speeds then what we have already? Perhaps it's those

22. WonterRail

Fun fact, I'm currently doing a pdf timetable for Kassel-Würzburg, and something I've noticed is that the grand majority of the overnight freight services that run on this route are intermodal traffic. Out of the 50 of those services, 8 of them are mixed freight services (using a mix of all of the available wagons, including the Habbiins & the Kiljs. Plus, the majority of them go southbound, with only one northbound mixed freight service) and only one Car Transporter service going northbound at 23:13.

So it could be that the BR 182 adds more of those kinds of services, but I don't know. Let's see on Thursday to find out what exactly this loco is adding servicewise to KWB.

23. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Saying you don't have to buy it is like buying an iPad with no access to the app store; highly restrictive. You HAVE to buy what DTG make if you want to play the game because there is next to no third party content.

DTG are not actually making what players want. They want NEW content, new trains. Not locos that have been reused half a dozen times. Will the 66 still be the only modern freight loco in the game in 5 years time? Judging by this, yes. More broadly we haven't had a loco DLC release for 11 months with nothing on the horizon on the roadmap! Why not make a class 700 for Southeastern High Speed that everyone has been screaming for? Oh wait, that actually involves creating something NEW. It's the easy option for them to just make a few extra scenarios and services for trains that already exist in game.

DTG are blatantly trying to squeeze every drop of money they can from reused content and whether you like it or not some will, legitimately in my view, say that it is a 'cash grab'.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  24. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain the Class 700 is coming. They wouldn't have made it for TSC otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

It's does for Planner Formations, and I would assume the scenarios. It's just a boxcar but it's something.

26. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If a 700 comes, I think it should have it's own route. Brighton to Bedford would be a nice option and then it could layer to sehs. The services on sehs for a 700 would just be way too short like with the 465 and 375 so a 700 needs it's own proper route.

I didn't buy the 465 for sehs in tsw2 because the services were too short. I wouldn't buy a 700 dlc for sehs for the same reason

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  27. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I think DTG is planning to have the Class 700 be the big "works on multiple routes" loco DLC, with scenarios and services for both BML and SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  28. driverwoods#1787

You are correct and for Class 700 it should be sold as a Bundle with ICE-T Riesa-Dresden and Acela Express Boston Providence as Rush Hour Train Pack. Of the Rush hour Train pack trains ICE-T Riesa-Dresden and Class 700 BML have two routes to use these are Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg & Riesa-Dresden ICE-T Class 700 BML and SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Another potential anomaly...

CJP Mastery Tier II. The third scenario. That missing one. F7? And that could mean... :D Just kidding! GN \o/

30. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

i got 128 for KWG without any layer mods for some reason

31. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

Even I can confirm I have 128 services on KWG without any mods

32. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

When I first started to read this pack's announcement, I thought I'd skip it because only one of the three items really interests me (the RHTT), but as I continued reading I saw that the pack's three DLC's can actually be purchased individually, making this the most sensible DLC package I've ever seen from DTG. I'll be spraying tracks from the first day this pack becomes available and simply don't comprehend why so many folks are complaining about it. Just to reiterate what others have noted: if you don't want it or like it, just don't buy it!

• Like Like x 5
  33. WonterRail

Turns out there are actually some ICE 1 services that are not listed in the service selection. I've found 6 at the moment, with just one left to find. I won't go into much detail about them now, because I'll do a seperate posting covering them in more depth.

34. captaingunadeep

I can see 10 added services to KWG after today's update Screenshot (109).png

• Like Like x 1
  35. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

As I am probably one DTG's biggest critics on here I must say that I agree with you. For the price of a pint of beer I will get enjoyment that will last longer than a pint

• Like Like x 2
  36. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well after seeing the F7 on the stream today, I'm still gonna stand by my first post on this just to still say; Meh!

The livery and bits of details might be well done on the outside, but it's still the very same F7 from Clinchfield on the inside (Apart from the Gyre light switch, but that's it). Accurate or not for this so called iconic loco, I'm still gonna give this a pass.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Blacknred81

Not to mention it pulling modern stock....

Model Train Sim World....

EDIT: So from what I'm hearing around is that Passenger acars were planned but couldn't be done without a research trip...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  38. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be possible to make this interesting to private car owners? "Send us reference photos and have you passenger car featured in TSW" :D probably a bit of a stretch

39. Blacknred81

It depends on which car they were going to model. I'm pretty sure not much, if any, of the El Capitans Budd Hi-Levels are owned by a private person, only museums.

40. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I've been ignoring the other content added to the other route, since I've been so confused by the F7. But taking a second look it really makes me realize how out of place the F7 is compared to them. The 66 treatment train and the alternative 182 don't seem anywhere near as out of place. The rail treatment train in particular make sense, and I do have to admit it's neat to see less common stock and services represented. And the 182 is slightly out of place being more of a 2000's from the looks of it. But most of the stock included with the route did exist at the time. Granted not sure if they would've been on this route in particular, but at least the idea of a ICE 3 next to that yellow 182 seems plausible at least.

Compared to them the idea of a F7 being used by BNSF in modern freight service is comical. The most you'd see is maybe a F7 being towed dead behind more modern power. As far as I'm aware Class 1's really don't like relying on old steam and diesel locos for powering old freight trains due to reliability concerns. And at any rate modern trains are way too heavy, you'd not be able to use a F7 without having to haul a shorter train, or use modern power to assist it.

Also DTG could've came up with a semi-realistic scenario to use them on Cajon. Funnily enough BNSF did use heritage equipment on their OCS trains from time to time, they used 261 and 4449 back in the day, a F7 wouldn't be a complete stretch. I would also note they partnered with the Galveston Railroad Museum back in 2016 for the Texas Chief.

And it had F7's on it!

Surely either scenario would stand out far more than just putting it on some freight trains! Hell, don't even need to do a whole set, they could at least partially solved the issue by reusing Amfleets, there's one in the bleedin' video for goodness sake! :mad:

Also it's funny, they said they wanted to depicted them in preserved condition for this pack. But as shown in the video they seem to have forgotten the ditchlights, and I'm pretty sure you need them to operate any diesel out on the head end these days, at least on Class 1's. Plus, would give this F7 another feature over the original one from Clinchfield, so don't get why they'd not do that for this pack.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Blacknred81

Locomotives can run without ditchlights on modern mainlines, but they cannot exceed 20mph. There is times at a local grain elevator where the UP train coming from their has the lead locomotive LHF, but since UP doesn't put ditchlights on the rear of their locos, it has to crawl at 20mph down the mainline till it gets back to the yard.

aaa.png

It is worth noting that any loco built before 1948 is exempt from the law, this is why steam locomotives in excursions on the mainline don't have them.
    b.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. driverwoods#1787

BR 132 Deutsche Reichsbahn designation for the 232. Ukraine and Russia TE109 for DR BR132 RSN 232

43. classichst#7353

classichst#7353 New Member

Hello, do you know where I can buy this 3 loco pack please? Thank you

44. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Where is the new TSW 3 DLC pack on Stream
    upload_2022-10-4_15-11-31.png

45. captaingunadeep

Select one of the loco addon. It gives you option to buy it as a bundle with discount applied.