Euro Fishing Losing Fish

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Teamfryer, May 12, 2017.

1. Teamfryer

Teamfryer New Member

So I've caught 50lb carp and big catfish but I very often lose fish because it takes my line out so far, I adjust the drag accordingly and still the fish keeps going? It also gets to the point where the fish end up on land giving zero depth resulting in losing the fish because of tension, is they any chance of catching those biggies?

I use the strongest line also

I love this game but it's frustrating that I always lose big fish because you never come in!

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. durden83

durden83 New Member

thats nothing new mate

3. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yes what they did was gave us the launch version of the xbox port. Which is about 4 or 5 patches behind the current version.

4. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Considering this still happens now on the XB1 and PC version (seems to be complained about in the steam forums still) after the supposed patch fixes, leads me to believe there are 3 possibilities.. 1. they hodge podge fixed it by making the line not break whilst on land and are happy to leave it like that. 2. they cant fix it. 3. only way to fix it is with a complete recode of the games collision/boundary system. I fully expect the new lake to still have fish walking on land, which is why I myself will hold off from spending anymore money on this game until the devs either fix it or at least start being truthful with us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teamfryer

Teamfryer New Member

The fish on land is annoying within itself but when I obviously have a massive boss fish on it just takes my line forever and no matter what drag I adjust too it's just a case of "having to" let it take my line but it won't come in! Then obviously in the end it's beyond control and swims onto land, it's just really annoying considering I've had 50lb boss fish that felt amazing to play and catch yet things bigger i have no chance! I just hope this all gets sorted soon because it's ridiculous!

6. titan28

titan28 Active Member

dont get me wrong I'm not just bashing the game for no reason, I think the game could be amazing, anyone that has played it can see its potential, but from game breaking bugs, tournament cheating and numerous other bugs, to the vague no point even replying dev comments, I personally have lost all confidence that they can actually turn this game around, which is a massive shame, we as the customer (XB1 and PS4 platforms at least) are in a bind, this is the only fishing game on the new gen consoles and as we have all bought it, we are or were either fishermen or at least interested in fishing, this I think has given the devs a sort of free pass of sorts, they make the only fishing game so we have to put up with the crap.

7. Master110

Master110 Active Member

People here seem to think the patch will fix it but like you said it still happens on pc and xbox

Its 2 they can't fix it. The fish will still swim on land but it won't break.

8. Teamfryer

Teamfryer New Member

If that's the case I'd take that, fish swimming on land as we know it ridiculous but if they can stop the line snapping and giving us every chance of getting in back on land I'd be happy to a certain degree but my main problem is the fact I lose too many fish because regardless of the drag adjustments the fish just takes line regardless so I have zero chance of getting those fish in unless I'm doing something wrong? My brother who's an experience fisherman on rivers mostly understands rod a real more than me and I'm certainly not a fishing noob and he has the same problem also, just find it frustrating but I'll still play in hope I can catch those beasts

9. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

When you Hook a big Cat he swims away and you have to Let him go when his Getting tired you will See that you can Reel him back you only have to wait but Now comes the Problem with the Bug you can nothing do against it that he swims on Land when you wait that he gets tired, i have stoped playing This Game thats the only Thing you can do (Sorry for my bad english i am from Austria ;-) )

10. Teamfryer

Teamfryer New Member

I appreciate the reply the English was understandable I get that it's just really frustrating as I have zero chance of getting those fish in lol I'll still fish for smaller boss fish though that's give me something to aim for

11. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

I cant Catch Boss fishes over 40 kg biggest Fish i can Catch is Leo in spain, all the other big Cats Swim on land, maybe Hulk from St.johns i have to try it

12. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah me too....That's it was that did on PC. I used to have the PC version.

It took them months to fix it also.

13. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

Now i Catch Pink Belly on St.johns 42,18 kg finally i have all trophys ;-)