Where Is The Patch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by heliq, Sep 29, 2022.

1. heliq

heliq Active Member

Where is the patch? The game has been out for almost a month now, not a single patch has been released yet! Are you going to fix the game?
    Lots of bugs have already been reported.
    We are returning to the days of the Train simulator, where many bugs have been hanging for a decad?

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The update will release sometime this week or next week before the dlc
    Also its been out for less then an month it released sep 6th and its right now sep 29

• Like Like x 1
  3. heliq

heliq Active Member

There are games that respect the players and release 3 patches in the first week of release.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well DTG are slow with releasing their updates. Heck, an update is known to not fix what is intended (LIRR M7 is a prime example) or come out with more bugs

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There has been a patch since release.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

A patch is coming soon. All we can do is wait

7. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

When did this become a good thing?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

Don't expect too much from these patches. Unfortunately some of the patches in the last year's fixed some bugs but created also some new ones...:(

• Like Like x 1
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset about the lack of a patch (although, actually, as noted above, there has already been one), but it does upset me that last week DTG promised to issue a patch this week (and today is Thursday of this week) containing the optional save/resume feature that many forum members feel should have been included in the initial release. This is a situation up with which we should no longer have to put!

• Like Like x 2
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Specific examples?

11. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

Woha, I can't remember a specific one but I think everybody of the old members in this forum knows it. Just read the old postings...
    But by example all the derailment issue's started with the SoS DLC. Not a patch but similar;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  12. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Well, it's no bad thing to immediately work on bug fixes and patch them in quickly. Some bugs are picked up before the release date, but the release build has already gone gold before fixes can be implemented, so you get a launch-day patch the moment a game releases.

So I can't see how issuing patches during the release week of a game is a bad thing, whether it's one, two, three or more. It's usually appreciated when bugs are fixed so quickly. I've certainly never heard users complain that bugs have been fixed too fast...

You probably mean it in the sense that multiple patches would indicate poor development, but bugs happen, and set launch schedules can make it difficult to catch all bugs, and sometimes patches cause unnoticed bugs, and a good developer deals with them swiftly where possible.

The only bad situation I can see would be never fixing bugs, or not for 6 or so years later when you've let the issue grow worse over time, making it more difficult to fix...

13. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

It's coming, team are working hard on final testing and looking at the last remaining issue or two that's come up on the latest build.

Can't give you an estimate - it should have already been out - and will be out as soon as it can be, but chances are if it's not out today, it will not be this week as we don't like to patch the game on Friday (since if the patch breaks it, there's nobody here to fix it until Monday).

Keep eyes peeled, rest assured team are working hard to get it out asap.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  14. CowBoyWolf

Well can we bet on it will be released before the Expansion pack dlc?

15. March Hare

Can you confirm, does the save game toggle include the initial core fixes? A recent article implied that it will, and I can't logically see why not when the article stated the initial fixes are already done... It sounded like the toggle will be, to an extent, a test of said core fixes before the team looks at specific route fixes.

16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Personally while I want the patch, I dont want a patch which breaks more than it fixes so I am happy to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Matt

It does not include the first tranche of save game fixes, while the fixes are done, the testing is continuing, they will be along possibly in the next update - which isn't far away. Testing is going well on this confirming a decent improvement, but the fixes do have potential impact to other areas of the game such as "starting anything in any service mode on any route" so it's getting some broader test time - since you can't "turn off the fixes" it helps nobody if we break the game :)

Given the feedback, we've opted to get the toggle out first and not gatekeep it behind the first tranche of fixes. It will default to off, so you can simply leave it off until we drop those first fixes.

• Like Like x 4
  18. March Hare

Appreciate the clarification, thanks. Good to know the next update won't be far behind. I'm just glad you finally got onto this issue after all this time.

Unfortunately I have "defaulted" to not playing TSW3 until those first save fixes arrive, simply because I haven't been so lucky lately with the dreaded red signal bugs when I have tried to save (albeit with Universal Unreal Unlocker). So I look forward to that further update, with thanks in advance :)

19. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt

Will the new patch fix the scenario planer and include seasons into it? Or still only June/July?
    If yes, why? Whats the problem with that...seems rather strange.

20. DTG Matt

Seasons/weather into scenario planner not being worked on at this time, team are focusing on other priorities such as the save game issues and other bugs.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. On my eye, yarrrr.

22. March Hare

It's good to know fixes have become the priority.

23. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

24. DTG Matt

I think they'll be out momentarily :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

greetings friends and colleagues, the patches will be released as follows,

steam+ epic- tonight
    PS5/Xbox/game pass, tomorrow hopefully
    PS4, Monday or Tuesday

the delayed roll out for consoles Is due to MS and Sony havent accepted the update yet

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Downloading on Steam :)

27. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Excellent excellent news. And here I have all day tomorrow to do nothing but drive trains too.

28. oporopolist#1682

oporopolist#1682 Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. DTG Matt

We are still working with MS to try and figure out what the heck is going on with Wurzburg on their platform, bear with us.

30. redrev1917

No mention of the PC MP35 Cabcar services being returned? Is this still pending or just missed off the patch notes?

31. CowBoyWolf

Hate to say it but MP36*

32. redrev1917

Yeah fair point - but you know what I meant :D

33. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Downloading now but I had to push it in Steam as it had scheduled itself for two days time!

34. March Hare

That's true for every update to every game in my library. I'm not sure why.

35. DTG Matt

Being actively worked on, no releasable solution for it yet, hopefully not long though. This setup for Pen Cor was always a problematic use of the substitution system and it broke hard in the rewrite of the UI - the team are straightening it all out atm :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Nice to have the save option back again....I am happy to live with its issues while it is being improved upon (after all, its how we had it in TSW1/2)

One suggestion though: Is it possible to move the save button back to the initial pause screen rather than having to click Options first ? I know its only 1 click difference but it was way more convienient having it readily available

37. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt, I probably won't get a chance to play again until Tuesday (Labour Day long weekend here), but with the re-introduction of the (currently existing, possibly unreliable) save option, what is the functionality in regards to Resume/Reload last checkpoint upon scenario failure (SPAD etc)?

38. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

On XBox it's three additional clicks to get there so I hope that when it clears certification, DTG have kept the Y button hotkey to save on the overview screen.

While we're at it, the ordering of the menu screens is baffling, you should cluster the most frequently used tabs together, and then the least used ones at a greater distance. If you rank them using a "heatmap" of red for most to green for least accessed, you would have a much more usable order for players using a controller.
    importance.png

39. karlack26

karlack26 Well-Known Member

Spirt of Steam was released 3 months ago for TSW2 still waiting on the updates, fixes and promised features. .
    Preservation crew updates have been in the works for 6 months or so now for tsw2 still waiting for updates.

TSW3 some how got many of those thigs fisrt but still waiting for them.

Perhaps they are already working on TSW4 so you wont get your updates either.

Who knows they announced TSW3 less then a month out from launch.

40. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

TSW2 has been abandoned. I guess this is becoming clear now. (Of course we always knew that this will happen)

Buffer bug will not be fixed for TSW2. Radio silence from DTG

41. March Hare

This is one reason I thought I may as well invest during preorder, even though I'm not actually playing it until the initial save game fixes arrive. Matt suggests these aren't too far away...

42. redrev1917

You've a strange definition of abandoned when updates are still on the roadmap for TSW2....

43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Until next Thursday that is. We have no idea if that will still be the case in the new roadmap. One thing I have learnt is never try to guess what DTG might decide to do next. TSW2 has been removed from sale when there was no real reason to do so so soon. Why would DTG spend time fixing a game that is no longer available when they have the new shiny TSW3 to promote? They did that with TSW2020 even when that was still available to buy. I wouldn’t be confident in assuming that TSW2 fixes or promised updates will happen or won’t happen at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

45. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You make a good point, but, given the very definitive and detailed statement in the last Roadmap, it's hard to see how DTG can dodge the PC fixes to TSW2.

A cynic would say that, with the save game returning and the PS5 fix on the way, few players will stick with TSW2 for very long, so any fixes for that game will soon become moot. There are already signs of that mindset on the forum.

However, if the fixes have already been completed and are just in final testing, waiting for a patch window, why not release them? A promise kept is good PR.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  46. wollestolz

wollestolz New Member

Anyone else having trouble while steam tries to apply the update?
    Steam crashed two times while update.
    Seems like it's working through multiple updates although they were up to date... Starting with 6.8GB followed by 14.8GB...
    Harddrive space is available. I have a big number of dlc installed, please don't ask to re-install for the whole weekend.