Can We Get A Passenger View

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by aceridgey, Sep 29, 2022.

1. aceridgey

aceridgey Member

Hi,

Is it possible that we can have a passenger view whilst driving our service? The only way I can guess that this can be achieved is free roam and in first person, which isn't what I am after...

• Like Like x 9
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Must admit I don't know why this wasn't included though maybe it has to do with the "interactive" and free movement nature of TSW, whereas TSC which does have the "5" view (where provided of course) it is from a fixed position.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would like that. A train can be driven purely with info from the HUD and some time spent as a passenger would add a lot of variation to a service and would be a good alternative to external cameras for a better view than from some cabs.

Secondary to this, I would also like some HUD elements whilst travelling purely as a passenger when AI is driving, such as where the next stopping point is and the speed the train is doing. Currently all there is in the HUD is a compass that doesn’t work when sat down and the clock.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yes, please!

Additionally i'd like to be able to access the exterior camera modes when riding as a passenger- i swear this used to be a feature but maybe i'm misremembering.

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I remember the Class 166 had it, but I think that was the only one. Of course the workaround is to position the front or rear cameras inside the train while the doors are open, but there is a chance it'll reset itself.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Definitely used to be able to 8cam riding as a passenger. Love to know how it disappeared

7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I'd like this too, as riding on AI trains which have simplified sounds and physics isn't always that fun to experience.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Well, still working for me, but for some reason you will have to press 2 or 3 first and then change to 8.

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Spawning on foot, catching a train and riding as a passenger is one of my favorite things to do, so any expansion or refinement of that gameplay mode would be very welcome.

10. aceridgey

aceridgey Member

bumping this.

Possible for TSW4?

11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Sure, you will get this feature in TSW 5, but only for the TSW 5 routes.

12. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Sorry i had to laugh a little bit. I mean, seems like a perfectly reasonable request to be able drive from the backseat, but at the same we have people moan and groan that the simulation is not realistic enough when for example the wrong train (sub)class or operator is present on a route

13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

You have a passenger view when you are being a passenger, why would you want one when you are meant to be driving the train??

• Like Like x 3
  14. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah correct that's the whole explanation why DTG this has implemented on they way how it works now. If you're a driver you're in the front if you been a passenger you can look out of the window

15. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

The best way to get a passenger view is to put an ICE1 or 3 on Kassel and set the LZB and AFB up. Once the LZB kicks in go back into the passenger section and look out of the window until you're about to pull I to Fulda. Once you leave Fulda repeat until you're about to reach the end of the run!

16. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

You really haven't experienced all those tunnels until you seen it from the passenger perspective!