Ps5 Initial Loading Time...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shwing, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

As a matter of interest, does anyone know why the loading time on the initial PS5 load is horrendous?
    Bearing in mind the speed of the nvme drive/bus it's gobsmaking. My PC with a slower gen 3 nvme drive takes a fraction of the time.
    Any reason?

2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Do you have more than 64 gb of DLC? That tends to slow the loading time at startup.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s quite long compared to tsw2 isn’t it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

I find the length of initial time to load is largely dependant on how much DLC you have installed. As your collection grows the time to load increases, and this can also be witnessed with Train Sim Classic as well. It has to check every bit of DLC at start up, and collections can be over 100 GB. I agree that loading times in many PS5 titles is much more impressive than TSW, but TSW isn't newly built for this hardware like some of those titles have been.

The TSW core was originally built in 2016, before consumer-grade SSD speeds were at the level seen in the PS5 or Xbox Series consoles. It is sometimes challenging to integrate new technology into old software without a lot of effort, especially when not everyone will benefit from those improvements. Better they focus on things that can improve the most people's experience, in my opinion.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s definitely much longer than TSW 2 even with very little DLC installed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

Agreed. Just with the three core routes installed took longer for me than TSW2. The only good thing it’s the loading time doesn’t appear to have increased any further with installing up to the 64GB limit. I’m hoping the add-ons manager might help here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. leewood83

leewood83 Member

Same here took over a minute to load on release day with just the 3 routes.

8. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Yeah takes a good while and I only have SEHS & SOS installed. I actually thought it crashed when I first started it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The loading time is very long on PS5. I have no extra content installed on TSW3 on my PS5. I also have TSW3 on Gamepass on my Series S and the Series S loads up the game in about 10 seconds total.

• Like Like x 1