Spirit Of Steam Service Failure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillip.good, Sep 27, 2022.

1. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Ok, so I’m a total dunce with steam but generally had an ok time with it in TSW2.

Problem is I keep getting ‘Service Failure’ in SOS on TSW3….. anyone know what I am doing wrong? I haven’t seen it mentioned in any other posts

2. Rob_

Rob_ New Member

Me too (Getting the problem - not the dunce bit .... I hope). No indication of why the 'service failure' either.
    I have tried a number of the timetable services and have only managed to complete one, I have stuck at 11:36 Lime Street to London Euston to see if the problem was repeatable - it appears not be so. I have done all the scenarios without issue.
    Didn't try it in TSW2 as I got the SoS when I bought TSW3. All other routes behaving normally.

Sorry, I just read this is the playstation discussion group I'm on a PC but getting the problem too

3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

There are alot of problems with SOS. Highly unlikey your doing anything wrong. Service failures and spads galore. It seems to have spread to other routes as well since latest update. I Dovetail don't care, they've proven that.

4. phillip.good

I turned off manual fireman and the issue went away in TSW3. Also tried manual in TSW2 but couldn’t replicate it.

I am probably going to say ‘bug’ but it could be something intentional I suppose.

It’s a shame as auto fireman just makes SoS kinda boring

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

One reason for service failures is cuz an ai train runs a red light. Another could be your train instantly derails for random reason. Physics/buffer related issues. Braking too hard, etc. There's many different reasons for a service failure and happens on many other routes too

6. phillip.good

Yeah, but they tend to appear on the screen as what they are; derailed or a spad. This just comes up as Service Failure whilst doing nothing unusual, hence the confusion

7. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone, we have set up a dedicated space to submit any derailments or buffer issues we've been seeing reported so we can compile all the reports together and very quickly diagnose the issue to get it resolved. The link to this is below:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/derailment-buffer-block.60307/

Thank you for your patience, our development teams are currently working on a solution.