Xbox Another Game Pass Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Oct 3, 2022.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m currently playing TSW3 on Game Pass. Now that they have re-instated the save function, I am looking to purchase it.

The Game Pass version has the three base routes included (and as a previous owner of Spirit of Steam, I can also play that as well as my other DLCs).

I’m not too bothered about Cajon Pass (apart from the scenery) so will probably buy the German starter pack. The question I have is, if I buy this pack, will I still be able to play Cajon Pass as long as I remain a Game Pass member or does the purchased pack override Game Pass?

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

If you buy a pack ( german as you suggested ), that becomes your main base game, regardless to weather you have the game pass version or not

• Like Like x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

So does that mean I will no longer have access to Cajon Pass? Think I’ll pass for now then as buying it will leave me with less content than not.

4. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

I've just got the game on Game Pass and presuming that there is an auto save function.

5. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. If you want to save, then you will have to pause the game, hit save, and continue.

If you want to continue from a save, then you must hope and pray that the signalling or the train itself hasn't been broken (the signalling in routes that have many services can break due to the save function, and some very mechanical trains like the 1972 stock may not respond well to saving either).

6. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

Confusing. I've just switched off game and started it up again. All my completed routes and levelling up progress seem to be intact. Are we talking about the ability to save game mid route?

• Like Like x 1
  7. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Yes I am - apologies.

All this talk about the reinstating of and improvements to the save mid-game function has me all muddled up!

The auto-save feature you are talking about I have no idea about because I don't have GamePass. Seems to work for you though, so all seems well!

Thank you for understanding and being very civil.

• Like Like x 1