Hyundai Rotem Bi-level Cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Average_Joe57, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

The Rotem Bi-Level Passenger Car is a passenger car used by Southern California's Metrolink and Southern Florida's Tri-Rail commuter services. Manufactured by the South Korean company Hyundai Rotem (Hyundai's Heavy Industry Division) they were designed to be safer and more reliable than other bi-level cars used on American commuter lines. The Rotems come in two types, standard passenger cars and Cab-Cars. Metrolink is the primary operator of the Rotems with a total of 137 on their roster (80 coaches numbering 211-290 and 57 Cab-Cars numbering 638-695). The Rotem cars were designed with a crash absorbent body and all cab-cars were equipped with a modern Positive Train Control system (PTC). Following the 2015 Oxnard Train Derailment, Metrolink had to lease several AC4400Ws from BNSF to fill in for the suspension of the Rotem Cab-Cars. The investigation found that a faulty "cow-catcher" design allowed derbies to get under the train causing the derailment. By November 2016, all the cab-cars were fixed and the leased units were returned to BNSF. [​IMG] Metrolink Rotem Cab-Car #638 at L.A.U.P.T., photo credit goes to Craig Walker. [​IMG] Metrolink Rotem Passenger Car #213 at L.A.U.P.T., photo credit goes to Sten Parker. [​IMG] Tri-Rail Cab-Car #512, photo credit goes to DevianArt user Hobogoblin666. [​IMG] The cab of a typical Hyundai Rotem Cab-Car, photo credit goes DevianArt user MichealB450.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TommyPicklesfan1992

TommyPicklesfan1992 Member

The Rotem Cars will also come with The EMD F125 for Metrolink and Brookville BL36PH for Tri Rail.

3. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Sweet!

4. chucky.riggs

chucky.riggs New Member

Yes i need this and can we get a real theme for the metrolink train?

5. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I too would welcome this as an add-on for TS2019. As much as I would like to see the Metrolink livery. From my understanding, DTG has no licensing contract to use the Metrolink brand name unfortunately, so I wonder if DTG could make an unbranded version of the livery instead? :).