Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3 - Brand New Loco Bundle: Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Scenarios

2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or has the New Loco Bundle launched without any announcement or fanfare from DTG.

Not so much as an email.

This is a first.

I wouldn't have been aware of it if Steam hadn't opened automatically this morning.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They did announce that it would come today and there was an article last week. There isn't much more to say tbh.

4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Bought the Dispolok and it does have Journey content. I like this add on.

5. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

So I don't wanna be *that* guy to be all moan-y about this stuff. But I bought the Dispolok and the Dispolok only. And wasn't it supposed to generally substitute for all the other freight locos? So far I can only select it on the timetable services on Kassel-Wurzburg and it does definitely not substitute for anything else which would be a shame.

Other than that its ok. I mean its basically the MRCE loco with a different paintjob and a new MFD display. Wish they could've done some small tweaks about the interior lighting especially at night and the instrument lights that for the life of me you can't completely shut them off during the day. But I didn't really expect much anyways other than a reskin.

6. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

That is the main reason why I'm not buying this at full price even though it seems like a good value.

I don't understand why they would go to the trouble to build the Training Center and then not use it. Scenario Planner is not a suitable solution.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CajonPass2022

CajonPass2022 Active Member

I bought the 3 Loco bundle this morning and can confirm that a new journey is included for each locomotive on their respective routes! I'm having a great time with it so far.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

When was the last time that a new release didn't have a DTG release stream? This time they are leaving it to the ambassadors. Other than they know it's below par what other reason would that be?

• Like Like x 2
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It wasn't supposed to sub into anywhere. That's what has been said i believe. It will layer onto future German content

10. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Oh, really? I was 100% sure it was said somewhere that it will sub in for any other freight loco as usual.
    Even if it has not been said like this, isn't it kinda a missed opportunity? Like in the end its no big deal to implement and would give all other routes more services/more diversity anyways.
    Maybe I'm also reading too much into it, but the store page says it is suggested that you own Kassel-Wurzburg to get the most out of the loco. Doesn't this kinda imply that you could also use it without Kassel-Wurzburg then? Or am I reading too much into it?

11. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You can!

via the Scenario Planner

Cheers

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I do agree with the lack of subbing going on, it almost seems like a bug? The weathered 66 can be used as a sub on all the 66 layers, so why can’t the 182? The whole purpose of the 182 in this pack is simply the livery, so it would make sense for it to sub surely?

14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Because of the tagging system - it's also why the MRCE locos don't sub everywhere. In order for the 182 Dispolok to substitute, the routes have to look for the substitution tag dispolok, which they won't do since that operator wasn't in-game when the routes were released. In other words, they'd need to update every single German route to enable its substitution.

15. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Good to hear that it is at least being looked into. Easier workaround from the getgo could've been to tag it as MRCE as well, seeing as Dispolok got purchased by MRCE :D

Offtopic: I think they should rework the subbing system in general. Like also have the MRCE and Railpool locos sub in everywhere. I see no reason why they shouldn't. Or stuff like that all the shunting locos sub in for each other. Or maybe the ICE1 for the ICE3, but I know that there are some rather significant differences in length of the train...

cheeky :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That’s my point though, when it’s literally a livery focused add on, then we need that work.

Of course there is the updated MFD & physics, but even then, because of the still non modular approach taken to loco’s, this just isn’t being utilised when the scope of use is so small.

17. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

In the past you had to wait for the newer locos to be enabled for subbing in older routes. Now that we have broken the link between routes and locos with the training centre it might be worth looking at subs and layers etc.

There ought to be a central table that the game can look up which considers what you have installed and what makes sense (or is allowed) to be used as subs and on which layers on routes. This would be updated with each new DLC as easily as updating a database or spreadsheet.

With PIS now reading off routes it ought to be the case that new locos can slot fairly easily into existing routes, where it makes sense to do so, and without devs having to update each route PAK file.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Don't shoot the messenger :) Just wanted to explain what's going on behind the scenes since you commented that it seems like a bug (when DTG would say it's working as intended). It's a real mess at this point trying to keep track of which loco subs where and for what services because the whole subbing system is, quite frankly, a mess in itself.

A real shame about the Dispolok 182 not subbing. For context, I'm one of the few people who consider the 182 to be hideously ugly and the yellow/silver Dispolok paint scheme is one of the only ones in which I find her quite nice.

19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

More and more reasons to have a shared base for each loco type that gets updated and automatically applies to all locos of the said type, e.g. updated physics for 182 would automatically apply to DB, MRCE and Dispo versions.

• Like Like x 4
  20. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

DTG must surely have plans to move over to this way of working - it simply won't be sustainable in the future otherwise to have potentially dozens of different identical-looking loco variants and updating will become a huge mess.

A tree system would make the most sense I think - class / subclass / livery. The top Class classification could just be to keep things tidy in the menus (eg. Class 66), then sub-class would be the level at which physics and modelling would be shared (eg. Class 66/0 - keeping one version for the whole game).

Very minor changes and determining how they turn up in timetable layers could be applied at livery level along with the interior and exterior appearance (eg. Class 66/0 EWS, or to use your example Monder BR182 DB / MRCE / Dispolok).

• Like Like x 2
  21. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

That is easily solved by simply not updating the old versions. DTG have shown no signs that they are planning to reorganise locos as you suggest.

22. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I watched DadRail's RHTT stream last night and was shocked that the Class 66/0 has FIVE different versions... AND yet DTG still haven't fixed the rain settling effect on the cab windows! Screenshot_20221005_100816_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I watched the same stream and was disappointed with that. You would have thought it would have been a good opportunity to fix that bug.

Along with the gauge light issue on the 182 that has long been a problem and the lack of substitution, it wiped out my enthusiasm to hit the buy button.

Also no Gamepass discount yet, so I’ll wait. It’s only a 1.70CHF reduction but I’m in no hurry until it’s a bit more polished.

24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This picture is hilarious and frustrating at the same time. You should only have 3 options there (EWS, RHTT and DBS) and all should feel the same when driving (=be up to date). Here we have an EWS lottery whether you pick the best or the worst C66 iteration...

• Like Like x 6
  25. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Will there be a guide to driving these loco's? I'm starting to realise I'm having this much fun driving the Dispolok because I don't know how to drive it.

It's probably not the intention of this game that I shout 'Yes! this was a fun ride" after bringing your two locomotives and a bunch of wagons to a stop in just 3km's coming from over 233 km/h I guess? :D

• Like Like x 1
  26. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Its insane isnt it? I honestly kinda regret buying it. I was 100% sure that it'd sub in and wanted to contribute my 6€ to have some more diversity in traffic on the routes and also enable dovetail to make more content, maybe something new after all. But yeah. Wish they would have bothered to at least fix seemingly super easy stuff on the 182 AT LAST for the Dispolok version. If they'd automatically update the older versions would be a dream. (Looking at you, 100 different Dosto versions)

• Like Like x 1