Steam Halloween Sale - It's Not "everything"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbowness, Oct 29, 2018.

1. sbowness

sbowness New Member

I am very concerned at some of the marketing statements made over the last few days. Today's email is headed "Up to 75% of EVERYTHING in the Steam Halloween Sale!" The article on Dovetail Live says "While the core game itself isn’t a part of our Halloween sale, every add-on has a discount up to 75% off!".
    Looking through, I can see a number of items that have no discount, including Frankfurt S-Bahn, CPRR 4-6-0 and North Wales Coastal (as well as a large number of Marketplace items). This is hot on the heels of an email at the weekend which was headed "75% of EVERYTHING ending soon!"
    To me, these are misleading. Can we expect to see a correction sent out?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you read what you wrote is says "Up to 75% of EVERYTHING in the Steam Halloween Sale!"
    Not every item is 75% off and it only applies to items In The Sale

No different to going in to a department store when a Sale is on - not Everything is in the Sale

How is that confusing?

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't know about the CPRR460 but the two routes mentioned are the newest released so they're almost never in the sale. And marketplace items I don't think I've ever seen on sale... Yes, the word "everything" could mean absolutely all train simulator related items available through the steam store, but it's close enough

4. sbowness

sbowness New Member

The keyword is "EVERYTHING", and the capitalisation is theirs. Everything means everything. Not just bits and pieces.

5. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Again, if we pick this apart, we can see that they mean that up to 75% off applies to stuff in the sale as the sale is the subject of the sentence. It's kind of misleading at first glance, yes, but it's a fairly simple message once you can get past that - things that are in the Halloween Sale are 75% off and lower.

6. ARuscoe

I'm pretty sure you're being a pedant, and the key word there is pedant :)

7. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

So are we worried about what is right or who is right? If its the former I guess its now explained, if its the latter, then its only going to get unpleasant for no purpose other than to salve delicate egos.. which wont be massaged because it'll be unpleasant. Shall we all go play trains? That's a lot more fun :)

8. ARuscoe

Nah, done with trains, gonna go watch people bake in a big tent...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Lmao! Its strangely addictive.. ;)