From Tsw2 To Tsw3 Performance Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Arpadiam, Sep 11, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Being honest, things I don't really understand myself, but performance-related, mostly. I believe stuttering would fall under a different project - it's an issue we're aware of though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Would be great if someone who knows more could tell us

3. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Are you respectful with your customers who are waiting for game optimisation since 4 or 5 years?
    C'mon...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

Bruh... that's not the way to approach a DTG staff member that is not related to the issue, hes a Community manager and a line to DTG dev team.

and dont hijack my thread to vent your frustration

DTG JD
    my issue is fixed and this thread serves no more purpose, you can close it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

But it's true, we are all waiting for DTG to finally optimized their game and improve the stuttering...since many years now.

And we don't know until they release a patch if this will ever be fixed

6. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

Then your best bet is to just wait until they roll out these patches that addresses optimisation.

7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They will continue to look for and make performance improvements. There's one guy looking at it and fixing it it seems

8. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

set graphic setting to medium... shadow to off, antialiasing to off... run without problem!

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You would still end up getting stutters and low performance from time to time depending on what's in the scene lol.

10. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Lol

11. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Probably needs a whole team and not one guy. But i bet its not only one guy tasked with this.

12. I've been playing tsw3 for some time and I've noticed my gpu runs alot cooler than with tsw2. I don't think its using its full potential tbh.

13. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

The GPU running cooler is a good thing. TSW2 was overheating gpu's and having terrible performance.
    If they no longer overheat modern gpu's for 2017 graphics (which is what we are seeing in tsw2/tsw3) then this is an improvement

14. It wasn't overheating, it was working at 100% now its not working at 100% I don't know if that's good or bad. When I finally managed to get tsc to run my gpu at 100% it was a massive improvement. I've noticed the textures in tsw3 are no where near as crisp as tsw2.

15. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

TSW is a really strange game in so many ways.
    I play QHD and there is not a single game i dont use native resolution + AA. They all look great including MSFS.

But TSW at QHD + AA looks terrible. I need to set the resolution to at least 150% and activate AA to get a decently sharp image.

..just a strange piece of software in so many ways...

Lets be real for a moment. TSW3 has basically 2017-2018 graphics but still a worse performance on modern systems then MSFS.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Has the error actually been fixed? I also find the stuttering extremely annoying.
    I can't offer a real solution either, but I can report from my experience.

I would consider myself one of the rare ones that could play TSW 2 and 3 times without fps drops or stuttering.

I have to say that I had reinstalled my PC (Win10) 40 times and the game ran perfectly 4-6 times, so really perfect in 4k with 60 FPS without any stuttering or anything else... now many are probably wondering why this is no longer the case.
    Well, I think I updated the graphics driver at some point because there was a new one and, bang, the whole game ran badly again and yes, I also reset my pc to an earlier time point, but the problem remained.

What I noticed is that it also seems to go hand in hand with the composition of the additional programs, i.e. Microsoft DirectX, Microsoft Visual C++, NVIDIA PhysX, netframe x.x and other things that the game apparently needs to run smoothly.

Unfortunately, I'm not a developer, I keep reinstalling my system and after a different sequence of drivers and additional programs to get back to the same process where I had my system before that the game is running smoothly so far without success.

• Like Like x 1