Rhtt Add-on >>> Nothing Works!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Oct 4, 2022.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I happily bought the new TSW3 RHTT add-on.
    Then I tried to use it . . .

First I called up the tutorial in Training:
    RHTT_tut1.JPG Looks promising, doesn't it? Especially that cloudy image of a rode-hard-and-put-away-wet Class 66.
    Well, here's what I saw after I clicked "GET STARTED":
    RHTT_tut2.JPG Yep! This Class 66 doesn't look a thing like the one that is supposed to be part of the RHTT add-on!!
    And everything just went downhill from there!!! The tutorial has nothing to do with the RHTT add-on. In fact, it's exactly the same, voice-over and all, as the standard Class 66 -- with one crucial difference: the brakes cannot be released. Since the tutorial could not proceed until the brakes had been released, I shut down the tutorial and opened RHTT's scenario page:
    RHTT 1.JPG
    I proceeded to call up both "Dawn of the Shed", but the brakes would not release here either:
    RHTT2.JPG

As in the tutorial, this engine cannot be moved until the Automatic Brake is fully released -- which cannot be achieved in this scenario!
    And to make matters worse, the Class 66 featured in this scenario is, as in the tutorial, not the weathered engine supposedly correct for this DLC:
    RHTT3.JPG
    After closing TSW3, I opened Steam, deleted this DLC, and then re-downloaded it.
    That didn't help: nothing works in this DLC!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

If you have any mod installed that enabled Dirty Class 66 or loco layers, delete the mod and try again.

3. bricksathome

bricksathome Member

Just completed the Dawn of the Shed scenario, didn't experience any of the issues you've described - correct livery and perfectly functional brakes.

4. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the tutorial in training centre. complete waste of time so quitted

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a case of teaching granny to suck eggs, but I've found all the Class 66's in TSW require you to keep holding down release until the brakes are fully off. If you've done that already then apologies (I haven't actually bought the add on, it was just a thought).

6. LastTrainToClarksville

Let me just add to my OP review that the description of this DLC promises 3 scenarios and 16 timetable services featuring this RHTT train. In fact, I received just 2 scenarios (as noted above, completely unplayable) and NO timetable services. By the way, I tried deleting this DLC and re-downloading it -- nothing changed.
    @Old Vern: yes, I know how to operate the Class 66 brakes, but the initial brake application that allows the engine to be driven is impossible to complete in the tutorial or the scenarios -- as clearly stated in my OP!!!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

DOES NOT APPLY!!!!!!!!!

8. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Do the brakes need to be cut in through the on-board computer?

Cheers

9. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Strange that it is listed as Class 66 DB.
    TSW seems to assign you an incorrect Class 66, that would explain why it is not dirty. Does it have the new remote to your left?
    RHTT_tut1.JPG

For me it says Class 66 EWS (RHTT).
    I had no problems with the tutorial, except that the buffers of the RHTT cars have no or not properly working collision.
    20221005003148_1.jpg

All three scenarios are listed, don't understand why one should be missing?!
    RHTT 1.JPG

Let Steam check your TSW 3 files, sometimes it happens that files are broken or missing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Something strange going on here, i'll flag your post up to the dev team and see if they have any ideas on how to diagnose this.

Can I just confirm you have no mods installed?

Thanks
    Matt.

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Works for me through Journey mode however idk about non journey mode

12. DTG Matt

LastTrainToClarksville Can I get a list of the DLC you have installed?
    Also - can you find the pak file and let me know the size?
    The filename is TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-SEH_DB_Class66.pak and is found in your version of:
    D:\steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 3\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC

13. DTG Matt

Also - can you do a local files verify on the whole install just in case something else is causing a conflict/problem?

Talking through with the team and we're struggling to understand how these symptoms would appear at all, let alone try to recreate them, so we're assuming some kind of error somewhere on the install at this point. Will continue discussions but - when you're able if you can run these checks that would be great, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Not sure but in my layer unlocker for that DLC i named that RHTT loco like a Class 66 DB so i think he is using my mod which is replacing original RVD file.

15. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks
    Matt.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for responding to my message, Matt.
    I did something that knocked me out of this reply to your message, so I'll start over again.

I have used the TSW2 Mod Manager to deactivate all of the mods I have downloaded and activated over the years, but I'm still unable to drive any of the activities included in the RHTT DLC, as explained and illustrated in my OP. Essentially, although an image of the weathered Class 66 included in the RHTT DLC appears in the "home" pages of the tutorial and the various activities, only a standard, clean Class66 is on the tracks when an activity opens. Of course, this is not the engine that is equipped with the RHTT controls, so not only does the initial release of the Automatic Brakes not complete, but I am unable to find, much less operate, any of the RHTT equipment. I did try deactivating the RHTT pack via Steam and then reactivating it, but that had no effect on the problem.
    Are TSW3 mods controlled by the TSW2 Mod Manager? I imagine that this is not the case, so where are TSW3 mods located?

Again, thanks for your interest.

16. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Just manually remove all mods from your DLC folder (drag them to the desktop or something)…a quick and efficient way of being certain there are none installed.

17. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

TSW 3 has its own mod manager that you can download and install separately.
    The mods are in the DLC folder of TSW 3, exactly in the same directory structure as they were in TSW 2.

TSW 2 = E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC
    TSW 3 = E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 3\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC

Replace my "E" drive with the one you installed Steam or TSW 3 on.

trainsimcz mentioned a mod that does not modify original files but replaces them completely and if you use this mod even the mod manager will not help you, because it can only de/activate mods but not restore overwritten files.

Make a backup of all your mods and just let Steam fix your TSW 3.

18. LastTrainToClarksville

The size of that pak file is 216,286 KB
    (on my computer, the location is slightly different because quite a while ago I used Steam to move my DTG files to an external hard disk)

Also, I just ran a file verification for TSW3 and all files verified successfully.
    I've installed the TSW3 version of Mod Manager, which of course shows that all installed mods are deactivated.

19. LastTrainToClarksville

Matt:

Hare's the list of my installed TSW3 DLC you asked for:

Train Sim World 3 DLC 63 887.36 KB
    Train Sim World 3: Cajon Pass: Barstow - San Bernardino Route Add-On 7.92 GB
    Train Sim World 3 Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Wurtzburg Route Add-On 10.52 GB
    Train Sim World 3: Southeastern Highspeed: London St Pancras-Ashford Route Ass-On 7.06 GB
    Train Sim World 3: Rail Head Treatment Train Add-On 211.22 MB

My apologies for not sending this sooner.

20. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Instead of relying on a mod manager, go to your DLC folder and move out all the files which don't have the TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor- prefix. This way you can be 100% certain you have no mod installed which is causing your issue.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for the idea, but I've already done that -- problem still exists.

22. LastTrainToClarksville

I just searched my TSW3 files for "Class66" and this popped up: TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-SEH_DB_Class66.pak. Could this have anything to do with my problem?
    This is located in the Steam Library > steamapps > common > Train Sim World 3 > WindowsNoEditor > TS2Prototype > Content > DLC folder.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  23. DTG Matt

That PAK file *is* the rail head treatment train, so that should be fine.

I'm completely confused about this issue, gotta be honest, and i've had some of the team thinking about what might be causing it and we're lost. We will continue to have a think of any ideas.

Matt.

24. JetWash

If it were me (and assuming you have a reasonable internet download speed) I would uninstall the game in it’s entirety (and that means making sure absolutely everything is gone by deleting any left-over folders manually if needs be) then install only TSW3 and this add-on.

If that doesn’t work something properly whacky is going on. If it does, then you can take steps to ID whatever it is that is causing the conflict. Given that anecdotally you appear to be the only person with this issue it’s almost certainly something strange going on on your system.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimcz

I think he is trolling as here a little bit. First he wrote that he is not using mods. After i wrote here that in my mod i named that loco Class 66 DB he send me private message that he is using my mod and he asked how to removed it. Uninstalling and reinstalling game doesnt help of course because steam is removing only files which are registered with Steam (in the file list). Once he will delete that mod than all will works fine. I dont have any problem with that DLC and im sure other users dont have any problems like that too.

• Like Like x 1
  26. LastTrainToClarksville

I have no intention of trolling you -- I'm not even sure what that means.

27. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

delete all of your mods and the mod manager, have a completely clean install and I reckon it will work fine.

28. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for your continuing concern. Does the rail head treatment train include the weathered version of the Class 66? That seems to be the only piece of rolling stock I'm missing, since the wagons that make up the rest of the cleaning train are present when I start a scenario or service -- but the engine(s) are clean 66's. What would happen if I just deleted TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-SEH_DB_Class66.pak and then ran a file integrity check?

Otherwise, I'm also considering JetWash's suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling TW3. I bought this DLC because its activities struck this long-time switching fan as interesting to drive & am still eager to clean up SEHS.

29. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Definitely have a conflicting mod there - the 5th screenshot down on your original post is showing TEA wagons not RHTT wagons - which is precisely what Muff's mod does.

• Like Like x 1
  30. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks to Matt, but especially to JetWash, whose suggestion that I delete all mods, delete TSW3, and reinstall TSW3. The process took nearly 3 hours, but I now have complete access to the RHTT DLC and its weathered version of the Class 66. I just completed the tutorial and was prompted to start an activity, but wanted to dash over first to all who offered suggestions.

I promise to stay away from mods henceforth.

• Like Like x 1
  31. I had the same problem, turned out to be the layer unlocker mod. I removed it from my dlc folder and the rhtt appeared.

32. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

There's no reason to stop using mods just because of this one experience. Just be mindful of what you are installing and the quirks (if any) associated with each.

There's been some fantastic mod work done in TSW3 so far (a few authors of which have been posting in here trying to help you out). It's always advised when you have issues like this to temporarily remove mods as part of the troubleshooting....DTG also stress this repeatedly when raising issues with the PC versions

33. trainsimcz

Of course its the layer unlocker mod because that mod is only for players who dont own that DLC and would you like to enjoy the full timetable stuff. It was released before the DLC, once you have the DLC you need to remove that mod. It was always like that.

Sorry but its not modders foult that you dont know how to do basic stuff with computer (like removing or deleting files from TSW DLC folder). I wrote you that before in private message that you need to just remove my mod and instructions are included in that readme file which is part of the zip. If you just read the readme than it will save you those days and 3 hours reinstalation of TSW 3 :)

34. JetWash

Really pleased you managed to get it working. It’s entirely personal preference, but I don’t use the mod manager. I know what I drag in to the DLC folder and can just as easily drag it out again. That might be the best way to go in future…don’t abandon mods, there are some really great ones out there!

Enjoy the pack :)

35. adamski#9148

adamski#9148 New Member

Same here, no mention of RHTT workings.
    Also when I do any of the scenarios and go through the start up sequence there is no spray whatsoever. Any ideas. Am on PS5.

36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good idea. If someone is offering a mod that unlocks paid content for those who have not bought it then that is some serious meddling with code going on and should be avoided. Best just to wait and buy the content, especially if that is your intention anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  37. DTG Matt

38. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks, Matt --> and I am enjoying this DLC, while trying to ration its activities so they last longer.