Sos - How To Keep On Schedule?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Isaak, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the learning process of SoS, and apart from the occasional SPAD-bug, I really like the route and locos. I seem to be unable to keep on schedule when running passenger services though. I try to accelerate as fast and brake as late as possible to keep on time, but for most services my delay starts to build up fairly quick and I finish most services with a +5 mins delay. Is it possible to keep to the schedule? Any hints on what I could do better?

2. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

The steam physics in TSW3 are unfortunately broken at the current time, DTG know about it and are working on a fix. Until the issue is fixed you just can't maintain enough pressure to keep to the timetable. If you have TSW2 I would recommend playing SOS there until it's fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think the timings are ai generated, I'm not actually sure. But the only reason why you wouldn't be able to stay to time is cuz it wasn't manually inputted. Ai trains have simplified physics and handling and don't use safety systems or anything

• Like Like x 1
  4. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Even in TSW2 I have an issue with timings. Basically, the AI has some driving skills that could put even the best train drivers out of work. The same thing is happening in real life too! However, a small delay shouldn't affect you too badly, because there is some buffer time between the end of one service, and the start of another.

5. Once you reach around 30mph set the reverser to 20% you should then be able to maintain boiler pressure and pick up speed, unless on a steep grade I usually get up to 70mph no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob_

Rob_ New Member

I have found that as soon as you are on the move wind the cut off as far back as you dare (50% above walking pace and then 25% on a run) (I only run 33% on leaving Liverpool) use the regulator to keep the steam chest pressure just below boiler pressure. On stopping trains there's sufficient time for boiler pressure to recover between stations, so I have been able to keep within a minute or so of schedule. On non-stopping once the fire is hot enough and continuous running with low cut off boiler pressure can and does recover. Sadly I'm suffering with random 'Service failure' error messages so I don't get to complete many runs, this is infuriating ....but not so much that I stop trying ;0)

• Helpful Helpful x 4