Freight Times On Class 66 Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AtherianKing, Oct 6, 2022.

1. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Noticed that class 66 services on SEHS are the first to have times to arrive at certain places

my feedback on this is I’m not a big fan of it, I liked the old way before where freight services don’t have times of arrival.

Obviously they are a key point of passenger but I think with freight this changes the way I drive, before I would have a smooth set up period before setting off, now I feel like I’m being stop-watched and the whole idea of doing something different from passenger services are narrowed more

I’ve just always liked the idea of freight get there when you get there.

thankfully from my view it seems to be limited to just the 66 on SEHS.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I thought UK freight did run to a timetable, just not a very high priority one.

3. AtherianKing

not entirely sure on that, I just have more of a liking to when it didn’t in TSW, along with how I’m sure not all freight services in the game are real so they would run to TSW estimated times rather than reality for those ones, and the others if DTG can’t get hold of the times for them

4. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

As long as there is a suitable gap between the end of the service, and the start of the next one, I see no issue with this. However, I do understand that the arrival time being visible makes the mind involuntarily make a goal for arrival, which could make the experience more stressful. Hopefully this can be changed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I don't bother with the freight arrival times. I get there when I get there lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  6. AtherianKing

I wish I could, but soon as I see time limits my mode of playing always changes. Not just on train sim, other games like GTA or something my driving style changes completely and stuff

7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Honestly didn't even notice lol

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I noticed the times and find that I'm usually a minute behind by the time I get to the end of the service. This is likely because the AI services don't have to worry about the advanced physics us players have.

The main thing that bugs me with the freight on SEHS is how gold medals seem unachievable. I've yet to find a service where I have obtained a gold, the score thresholds seem too high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1