Which German Dlc Is Interesting And Why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Fear-Factor, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Hi all

Generally i am not a big fan of german routes but after ive bought Thrandtander Rampe i am positevly surprised. Like it alot.
    Now as the title suggest i would like to know which of the other german DLC routes are good and why?
    I prefer routes which contain more or less lot of courves and not to go only straight forward.
    Which steep grades can i expect on the routes?
    I also like shaunting tasks but lets say the complete package should be interesting.
    Thanks!

2. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Main-spessart the best for twists and climbs, Ruhr Sieg Nord second. Nahvekehr Dresden has less of this, but is best over all.

• Like Like x 5
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RSN is a good combo for You, I think. DB BR 155 is a great loco with additional content there and BR 363 is simply must-have shunter loco.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fear-Factor

Nahvekehr Dresden...best overall... but what escpecially is better?

RSN...ok.
    Both mentioned locos are also in TR.
    They are good. Like them.

Do i see it correctly that the DB BR 204 can be driven only on MSB?
    Or also on other routes?
    And its only available via dlc....

5. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Lots of traffic, multiple different types of service (although this is somewhat dependent on having other German DLC), great lighting, multiple branches

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BRD is the king but it is flat and not so good as freight route as RSN in my opinion.

7. Fear-Factor

@
    simontreanor81
    Thanks!
    I need to watch few videos

@
    breblimator
    BRD? What is that for a shortcut?
    Cant find it in the Route acronyme list...

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Bahnstrecke Riesa Dresden :)

9. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

DRA makes all the other routes feel small, simple and empty so get that last.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fear-Factor

Ah ok, thanks. :)

11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Definetely MSB for your first requirement. Lots of curves and grades, and speed limit variations. You´ll like it.

For shunters: As already mentioned, RSN and the BR 363 loco add-on. Great shunter journeys!
    PLUS: RRO and the G6 Shunter and it´s journeys. Like the BR 101, it´s from TSG. Better model quality you won´t get in TSW.

I love the BR 204, BUT unfortunately she´s poorly modeled in TSW. Acceleration and sounds are completely messed up.
    But that´s just me. The visual model, though, is very good.

DRA is nice, but I´m on PS4 and on some spots around Dresden there´s always the threat to end up on a blue screen of death. Something around Dresden-Mitte screws up memory badly.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

RRO is actually okay if a bit short, as you get two alternative routes and some challenging gradients. The G6 well worth getting as it is a fine loco by Maik and TSG, albeit one of the Journey scenarios is broken.

Can also recommend RSN and MSB, both look nice and a little less dark in TSW3 than they did in the earlier version.

Oh the other Ruhr route, HRR, is a bit flat and boring but redeemed again by another TSG add on the BR101 which gives a nice, if a bit short, express passenger run.

13. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I have all German routes bar Hamburg to Lubbeck. Tharandter is still my favourite so you have a good start there. MSB or RSN would be good as others have said. The new journeys for Koln to Aachen was good but its gone for TSW3, unsure when or if its back.

14. OldVern

Oh and DRD, might be going against the grain here but I find it rather boring and dreary. The terrain is fairly flat so no gradient challenges to speak of. As with RRO you do get two alternative courses and part of another line out to Meissen. Again it looks better in TSW3 than it did in 2 especially at night. However much of the time will see you driving from Dosto cab cars which adds to the tedium. The so called RE trains between Dresden and Riesa seem to defy their “express” title and stop everywhere. Route is a little prone to the save game bugs if you can’t finish in one go. Personally I think the TSC version is better, not least because it goes all the way from Dresden to Leipzig.

Like jpantera above I don’t own Hamburg to Lubeck. Of the opinion it is too short and should have carried on to Puttgarden for some train ferry action. Munich to Augsburg and Koln to Aachen are okay for a bit of quick ICE action, but again very short, flat and boring scenery wise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You're playing them wrong! The S-Bahn services are where the fun is, not least in part because of the physics of the DB BR 423.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fear-Factor

Thanks guys alot for your informations. :)
    Need to decide and seems tto be hard :D

The funny thing is i live in Hamburg and usually my first buy would be HH-HL but i saw few videos about it and its more or less flat.
    Sure, the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is a nice place but i think this route woulde be the last to to choose from.

For the first shot i guess it will be the RSN.
    The another ones will probably come later.
    Still hope for a german steam dlc :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Ruhr Sieg Nord with all it's DLC. That's the best german experience by far.

You get gradients, dark german forests, heavy industry, passenger and freight services. Additionally, if you get the BR363 DLC, you get very good shunting services for the route, and if you get the BR155, you got germanies biggest and heaviest loco with coal freight services. And at some point, TSG (The guy behind G6) will release the BR232 for this route aswell.

And as you can see, it's anything but straight forward for the most part.
    [​IMG]

So RSN with all it's DLC is a very complete and competent package to go for. Just keep in mind that it's TSWs second german route ever made, it still holds up well but overall it might feel and look a bit dated. Don't expect Thrandtander Rampe quality.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Image dosen't seem to work for me

19. Fear-Factor

Also for me.... someone said here in forum that is a problem of Firefox...
    Not sure. Meanwhile i have installed new system and everything is working fine everywhere.
    Only here in this forum some pictures are not visible.
    Thats strange because 99% of the pictures in the screenshot and contest thread are visible....

@
    Kangaroo Conductor
    Ive bought now the RSN, solved 3 tasks so far and it looks good. Its fine for me. :)

20. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Night lighting on DRA is fantastic, and set a standard no route since has met.
    RRO is a personal favourite of mine simply as it has the Wuppertal Schwebebahn running alongside it for a good chunk of the route, a pretty unique bit of scenery. Kinda wish we could drive that too :D

21. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Another vote for RRO.

Really want to see some older German routes though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

RRO is one of my favourites especially with the G6 which is hands down the best shunter in the game of not the best loco. The route is just missing some IC or ICE services.

TBH I love all the German routes even HHL although many will disagree with me on that route

• Like Like x 2
  23. bljohansson#4171

HBK's new timetable is brilliant. So much fun. Wish it got more attention.

• Like Like x 2
  24. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Even RSN is one of the first German routes ever made for TSW, it's still one of my absolute favs. Coming out of Hagen Main Station with its massive freight yards, you soon going into the Lenne-Valley all the way to Finnentrop. The Route is mostly curves with some gradients (not as big as Main Spessart Bahn) but it'll keep you busy with freight trains as there are a lot of speed changes. The 155 bringing additional services and the 363 lets you do some nice shunting services. With the Passenger Trains you got some variety to play with. And this route has a superb atmosphere around it.

DRA is another Route I really can recommend, in my eyes one of DTG finest, especially if you have Add ons like the DB 101, in terms of variety of services you wont get anything like it. With the Meißen Branch (which is stunningly beautiful) you also got more than a point to point route. At times there is massive traffic. The Route itself is more on the flat side but definitely not less exciting to drive. You also got a diversion with passing tracks that divide Expres trains from Regionals, where Freight trains run on both of times. And let's not forget the small single line that branches of the Main line to go some extra km to Großenhain.

So definitely you are in for a hard time deciding which one to get, but with one of these you'll can't go wrong in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Fear-Factor

Thanks for all the additional informations.
    Sounds like every DLC route has his own flair and its worth to get it.
    Attm i have RSN but during a sale probably i will extend my collection :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. OldVern

Out of curiosity which if any services use this section, as I haven’t driven over it yet?

27. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  28. OldVern

29. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Others have said what I'd say for recommendations. One thing I'd say about German routes: if you haven't learned PZB (and LZB) and the German signals so far, I strongly recommend learning them and switching on the safety systems when you drive. It makes the experience much more involved. With German signalling, you can switch off the HUD for a really immersive experience.

• Like Like x 1
  30. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned SKA + add ons?

• Like Like x 1
  31. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

IIRC :

RE 15 (Dresden - Hoyerswerda via Priestewitz) with the DB 143 and Dostos (could be with the DB 112 aswell but I haven't got that train in tsw so not sure)

RE 18 (Dresden - Cottbus via Priestewitz) with the Talent 2 (DB 442)

RB 31 (Dresden - Elsterwerda via Cossebaude) with the Talent 2 aswell. (This Service in TSW is only driveable between Coswig and Großenhain as it goes via Cossebaude Branch which is not included in Game)

I'm hoping this is in correct order and consists as I would have to check the next time I'm on my Console. But there are definitely 3 Service that use that Branch in Game. Be aware that's a rather short one were you only have Großenhain as a end point after you diverging off Priestewitz and no Stops in between.

Just saw someone has already given a exact service schedule. So my post is irrelevant :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. OldVern

Not at all! All information welcome. Hopefully some of these will pop up in Journey Mode.

33. redrev1917

late to the party but I can confirm theres at least one in journey mode

34. OldVern

Thanks Rev, did spot it - unfortunately in pouring rain and mist so not much to see of the surroundings.

35. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Ruhr-Sieg Nord with Nahevkehr Dresden you get 185.2 RSN 155 and end up running Riesa-Dresden freight. When it comes to running the Monster Trains on Riesa-Dresden the 155 shines on this.
    If stuck at Dresden Mitte since you are stuck behind the 09:33 freight train. My Procedure is traction force 50%-70% taps 1-10 then increase to taps 10-30 traction force 70-130% with sanding
    This is on my platform of choice Xbox Series X and in return you have Riesa-Dresden 143s on RSN

36. Fear-Factor

Solved now the route section from Hagen to Finnentrop with a freight consist.
    Quite long courvy route in the valley of river Lenne mixed up with some tunnels and open areas.
    That is what i like. :)
    RSN is real nice, that was a good proposal guys :cool:
    Thanks

• Like Like x 5
  37. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

My German favorites are clearly RSN, MSB and RRO. With the appropriate DLC, there is a lot of variety, a dense atmosphere and great tasks. In contrast to the S-Bahn and ICE, I find everything in between here.

My head can't tell which of the three I like the most, but my heart beats for RSN. A good choice. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  38. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I agree: RSN is a highlight among German routes. Thanks to the preservation updates, it has also been polished up again. The BR204 is also available here in front of wooden trains or when shunting in timetable mode. Even the BR232 from TSG is in production and should come for this. Many would wish for a merger with the relatively short RRO, since Hagen Hbf is the common starting point.
    MSB is one of the best routes too. The entire port area of Aschaffenburg for shunting, overhead line-free feeder lines, fast main line areas with uphill and downhill sections and some crossings with other main lines (even KWB).
    Dresden-Riesa also stands out. It was the first route that Lukas was actively involved in. The view of the historic old town from the Elbe bridge and the unique lighting at night speak for themselves. The junction to Meissen is also a tourist highlight. Connected to this, the further route to Chemnitz, along the Tharandt ramp with impressive viaducts, is a good choice too. The railway museum of Chemnitz is also reproduced, including the coaling system for a future steam locomotive DLC (the BR52, which is already being teased on several ingame posters). The parked narrow-gauge railway passenger cars of the Weißeritztalbahn are also an eye-catcher.
    The other routes, such as SKA, RT or HBL, are mostly flat and straight ahead, but each has its own appeal. For example the city tunnel in Leipzig or the Cologne main station, including the cathedral and the Rhine bridge.

Luckily, TSW doesn't only consist of German routes, because the international mix makes the difference! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  39. Fear-Factor

Thats right. I cant wait when they release german steam monsters. The infrastructure like turntables and coal refillers are already there.
    So lets see when they arrive.... ;)

I am also quite open for other countries.
    Poland and Czech Rep could be also connected to the exiting east german routes.
    Saw already a retro steam train going from Berlin to Walbrzych in Poland.
    Towed by two BR52. Such locos are known in Poland under the name Ty2.
    So such Dreiländerdreieck-Connection would be also nice ;)

• Like Like x 4
  40. Fear-Factor

Ok, meanwhile somehow ive started to like the german routes and ive added some "new" content to my collection. :love:

Main-Spessart Bahn and the Loco DB BR 204 arrived in my collection.
    Thats a quite good stuff and there are lot of interesting ways to drive.
    Its a good mix of pax and cargo tasks.
    Also a good balance between slow and fasr travel speeds.
    Like it a lot and this two Dlcs offer several good scenarios.

Especially the BR 204 is a good extension because i like the shaunting jobs.
    Already solved few longer tasks and really love this loco.
    I can recommend it.:)

You can find some screenshots here (Tsw Community Screenshots thread)
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-community-screenshots.13104/page-23

• Like Like x 1
  41. redrev1917

RSN is currently 40% off on steam. Highly recommended and at this price its really good value for money.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Fear-Factor

Actually Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg - Bochum is on sale.
    Question.... are there some tasks for the BR204 (Dlc)?

43. bljohansson#4171

No. But I'd still consider buying it if you like German content and it's on sale as pretty much all German routes add services to each other, making the routes more lively.

44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

HRR (specifically Br 425, awesome unit) IIRC currently adds services to SKA, HMA, and AI to SKW, so that's a good one to get.

I am a bit surprised by so much praise for RRO - while not bad in terms of services and variety, it totally gets killed for me by the poorly done gradients; it is like a cheap roller coaster. From 0 to 2.5 % instantly breaks the immersion quite seriously, and for me, it was the biggest missed opportunity for PresCrew when they were going through the routes.

• Like Like x 1
  45. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Hey Monder
    I don't know this route, but in real life isn't those gradients present there?
    Or do you mean the gradients are incorrectly modelled in game?

46. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The gradients have no smoothing, so the cabview juts up or down strongly and abruptly as the track changes gradient.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for explaining Callum B.
    It's a shame that Prec Crew did not fix it when they were working on their update for that route, but maybe the problem is more complex and was out of their scope.