Fishing Sim World The Pike Fighting Update Is Out Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Nov 1, 2018.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

PikeFightingUpdate.jpg

Our second update for Fishing Sim World has now been launched on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Again, your input has been invaluable on our forums or through reviews and social media channels.

This update focusses primarily on bug fixes but here are the highlights;

Improvements
    o Improved the pike fighting. Bigger pike have more energy and the fight takes longer
    o New ripples and water foaming to indicate a fishes location (fish tells)
    o Improved weather conditions and effect of conditions to the environment on all venues
    o Ensured trees appear more ‘crisp’ and less blurry over distance on all venues
    o The character now gets wet when it rains in game
    o Decreased the number of fish tells on Grand Union Canal
    o Improved collision on water features such as rocks to stop fish swimming through them
    o Improved collision between players in multiplayer
    o Improved collision between the players boat and reeds in the water

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed crash related to those players who purchased the Sunline Siglon PE 30lb line.
      • IMPORTANT: For those players who created a tackle box using the Sunline Siglon PE 30lb line between 1st Patch and 2nd Patch the game will no longer crash when viewing the item or attempt to go onto a lake. However, it will crash if you go into the lake and equip the faulty tacklebox. To fix this issue, delete your tackle box containing the affected line after the Pike Fighting Update patch installs
    • Catching Walleye now awards experience points (XP)
    • Fixed rod failing to be sitting on bank sticks correctly when you are a multiplayer client
    • Fixed fellow player appearing to walk on the spot in multiplayer
    • Fixed random coloured flashing reflections on the water
    • Fixed thick black line on the horizon of the water
    • The loading spinner icon no longer shows indefinitely above an item in the in-game shop
    • Ensured boats appear correctly in the shop model viewer
    • Button prompts appear correctly for all actions on Xbox One
    • Replaced the canopy for a roof on second jetty building on Lake Boulder so a rod no longer passes through it
    • Depth UI appears correctly when fishing at depths of over 100ft
    • Equipment textures immediately load correctly in shop and customise menus
    • Fixed species stats circle not appearing correctly on lake selection screen
    • Dovetail Live (DTL) article buttons appear correctly
    • Message is given when no articles are available or no internet connection when accessing DTL articles
    • DTL options appear in settings menu after loading the game not signed in but then signing in when prompted
    • Lure rattling audio no longer plays when driving
    • General clothing improvements

We also want to tell you what we are working on in the next update, ‘The Trolling Motor update’ which will be coming soon. Highlights include:
    - Trolling motor feature – ability to use the trolling motor in-game
    - New species – Zander will be added to all appropriate lakes
    - New rod resistance – the amount of resistance when moving the rod will give you the feel for the weight of the fish you are fighting
    • Added bigger trophy catfish to Waldsee
    • Improved the amount the rod bends in relation to what type of rod it is. Carp rods will bend less than bass rods
    • Slightly moved boat spawn positions on Lake Boulder so all boats spawn consistently in single player tournaments
    • Ensured button prompts disappear when teleporting to another location
    • Improved the balance of audio after recent changes to tension sounds
    • Ensured all lakes and live events appear in menu correctly and can be loaded
    • Ensured lure rattling audio can only be heard at appropriate times
    • Fixed branches of trees popping out on character on Bergsee
    • Characters no longer walk on top of banksticks/rods
    • Improved collision on US lakes to stop boat driving through vegetation
    • Ensured male and female smiles appear correctly on catch screen
    • Improved appearance of rain falling from sky
    • Ensure the pause menu doesn’t show when in fish presentation screen in multiplayer

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

When are you gonna learn to do proper patching on Xbox so that we don't have to re-download the whole game every time that there's an update ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

At least it’s being updated with fixes instead of dlc rush hoping the new makes us ignore the bugs
    .. 9 gigs doesn’t really bug me with high speed internet but I can see your point with it being a bit much with a lower speed internet but at least you’ll only have to do it once a month if they keep to schedule.

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

DLC rush is already happening. Trophies ( PS4 ) for first DLC lake was added last month already and DLC in-game store has been implemented today. Don't be surprised if the first DLC is pushed out this month already.

Gicantica still broken , Xbox stats still broken , fish snap offs still broken , hook sizes still broken, FPS stuttering worse than ever.
    P%$% poor update.

5. FUNERAL PYRE

FUNERAL PYRE Member

you said you fix the achievements on xbox1. you still cant get the CARP COLLECTOR ACHIEVEMENT. HAVE OVER 100 AND STILL NO POP. Nobody has it yet

6. FUNERAL PYRE

FUNERAL PYRE Member

ok its fixed. I just got it. I am going to guess I had to catch them all again. Never fails. as soon as I post it, it pops.

• Like Like x 2
  7. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I tend to agree with Wikus they shouldn't work on releasing DLC until all the problems/issues in the base game are dealt with. Gigantica is pointless now sat on there for 1hr yesterday and only caught 8lb Tench on size 4 hook 18mm dumbell and 40lb braid, they have lowered the bite rate on this lake way too much to the point that i wont go on it anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Need to add a difficulty setting so the harder it is to catch the better the reward. Catch rate is ridiculous,way to often. Can't even get three rods out still.

9. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Want a lower bite rate, go play on Giantica.

• Like Like x 2
  10. harold

harold Active Member

what we want is a sim fishing game theres no skill at all in euro you had to find time and weather setting this fishing sim is a fish a chuck still caught 14 fish on giantica after update

11. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Custom set ups are fixed now,yay.
    First time I went on Gigantica after the first update it was awful,i couldn't catch a cold but been on a few times since & it's not that bad for me.

12. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

why have some of the bosses i have caught not gone into the anglers log. this needs to be fixed. i know i have caught them and i have screen shots of them.
    tench ate a pest in this game and they snap me even with 30lbs braid and 4 hooks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Online rooms with friends still messed up. Same issues as day 1. That's 2 patches and no improvements to one of the most important parts of this game. DTG what's your plan to fix it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Again i have just caught 2 bosses on gigantica and again they have not registered in the anglers log. i also caught 2 bosses on waldsee but they did register

• Like Like x 1
  15. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

And I've called it right beginning of the month. Game still very broken but the first DLC already being pumped out :

https://twitter.com/DovetailFishing/status/1060904217777500160

16. MLT24

MLT24 Member

I hope they fix Bass fishing with friends before they put this out. Since day one, Host has no problem but any guest have a horrible experience. Impossible to fish with friends in an online room. Still can't land a fish on time, takes 30 extra seconds, and half the time you lose the fish. Also camera will spin around and frame rate drops to 5 fps, makes you physically sick. This happens on all lakes from time to time, not just Bass fishing.

17. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

Well i am assuming the trolling motor update is seperate from the dlc so they are still working on game with additions being asked for and bug fixes that are needed.. and dlc is also needed to keep studios revenue stream up as they got to pay everyone on dev team for what they do. I dont mind the dlc rush as long as its stuff the playerbase really wants for the game. the multiplayer could use some tlc sure the damn lines annoying as crap for second player goes everywhere and doesnt render right for anyones view flops everywhere.. also now and then when hooking a fish camera view does annoying 360 degree spin that doesn't stop... also when on boat lakes second player besides host always have line break.... multiplayer really only works well on european lakes.