Route Route Suggestion: The Racetrack: Aurora - Chicago Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainmasteraiden, Feb 17, 2022.

1. trainmasteraiden

trainmasteraiden Active Member

The BNSF Line is a Metra commuter rail line operated by the BNSF Railway in Chicago and its western suburbs. In 2010, the BNSF Line continued to have the highest weekday ridership (average 64,600) of the 11 Metra lines.[2] While Metra does not refer to its lines by particular colors, the BNSF line's color on Metra timetables is "Cascade Green," in honor of the Burlington Northern Railroad.[3]

In December 2021, the public timetable (published November 15, 2021) shows 41 inbound trains and 45 outbound trains on the BNSF Line on weekdays. Of these, 29 inbound trains originate from Aurora, one from Naperville, eight from Fairview Avenue, and three from Brookfield. Seven outbound trains terminate at Brookfield, five at Fairview Avenue, four at Naperville, and 29 at Aurora.

Metra operates 15 inbound trains and 15 outbound trains on the BNSF Line on Saturdays, an 10 inbound trains and 10 outbound trains on the BNSF Line on Sundays. All weekend trains originate and terminate at Aurora.

The east end is Union Station in downtown Chicago. The line traverses Chicago and its western and far western suburbs to Aurora. BNSF Railway operates it under a "purchase of service agreement" with Metra, inherited from Burlington Northern. While Metra owns all rolling stock, the management and crews are BNSF employees. BNSF controls the right-of-way on the line and handles dispatching from corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. The June 2007 timetable shows a 70 mph maximum allowed speed for passenger trains.

Metra has studied the feasibility of extending the line beyond Aurora, possibly as far as Sandwich, Illinois.

EMD F40PHM

[​IMG]

EMD F40PH

[​IMG]

SC-44

[​IMG]

EMD GP38-2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ES44AC

[​IMG]

Dash 9

[​IMG]

P42DC Amtrak

[​IMG]

Metra Cab Car

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

Exellent post. I've suggested this on my first ever thread. This is one of the top contents I wanna see come to TSW2!!! It really has to happen!

• Like Like x 3
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Most of these locomotives will be reskinned from the ones in Game. To make the Metra Cab car it's the Caltrain F40ph Billevels reskinned from Caltrain to Metra

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainmasteraiden

most likely

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

he Racetrack: Aurora - Chicago Route

METRA F40ph
    Chicago Route Yesss!!!
    Not really a fan of the american railroads. Still, I think this one is a stronger one, it would be cool if they transfer it to Train Sim World 3.

Something that could be super and new is the switches they have to burn in the cold climate to make them work.
    Plus, this one is for everyone. Snow is there, passenger trains
    are possible, freight transport the same, Life of a new city to come.

In my opinion this is a perfect route. some trains that run on it already exist.

Train Simulator classic
    sfdsfdf.jpg

In reality

dzaseqddqs.jpg
    dsfsdffff.jpg dfgggg.jpg

Train Simulator classic
    00sqdsq1.jpg

6. trainmasteraiden

If they Skyhook Games Have An Metra License For TSW 3

• Like Like x 1
  7. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The SC44 is one engine I really want to see in game. A BNSF GP60 is a good idea instead of the GP38-2. Perhaps other possible switchers are a BNSF GP50, GP39-3, or 3GS-21B Genset Switcher. I'd also like to see an ET44C4 on this route. Plus, all the BNSF diesels could be used on Cajon Pass.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I'd love to see a mainline route beyond Aurora, out to Genoa or somewhere on the way to Kansas City where you are beyond city limits.

Saying that, this will be delightful considering TSW3 being so much more detailed than "Rush Hour" last year.

It would be nice to have a route in the corn fields of Illinois or nearby Kansas where you are doing high speed freight and passenger (Amtrak).

9. trainmasteraiden

If Skyhook Games Could Make An Metra 104 [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member