Make The Game Work. Revisit The Train Wreck That Is Tsw And Fix It.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Symbiot911, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

What more can I say. Rubbish graphics, rubbish performance,buggy to the extreme, overpriced DLC's, a developer that doesn't seem to care about problems in already released DLC's and refuses to 'revisit' them. I was so looking forward to this game, I really was, but boy oh boy, what a complete and utter dissapointment. It looks like something from the early days of the xbox360. It's not Xbox One X enhanced, the characters are shocking to look at, the lighting is terrible, no bumpmapping, no physics, no controller feedback which makes it boring, it's a game where you try to play a scenario but because of this bug or that, it won't let you finish. I could go on but I'm sure that although DTG are quite aware of the issues with the game, they are just more interested in releasing more buggy DLC's than fixing and improving the look and feel of the the game. I for one will not be wasting my hard earned on rubbish likw TSW, especially when there are free to play games like World of Tanks which is light years ahead in all aspects of performance and graphics, and now that Red Dead Redemption 2 is out, Iwon't be wasting my time on a boring train wreck of a game like TSW, at least, not until they make it a desirable game because right now, it's a complete laughing stock and if something isn't done soon, it will die because people expect much, much more for their money and time these days.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

I am with you...same logic...how they can't fix the previous bugs and releasing new DLCs???? damn....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

If you don’t like it, then don’t play it.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Just for fun and because I have some time on my hands on my day off...

Thank goodness you spotted that the devs were not aware that there were areas of development on the game until you made your post. Now you have however, I'm sure they will be falling over themselves to get everything fixed because if there's one thing we're definitely not doing its firing up the game with no issues and having a blast running up and down the GWE or going for a relaxing drive in the Somerset countryside. How fortunate I am personally to have such an organ as yourself to take the reins of this directionless flagship and steer it to a safe harbour, because without your valued input I'm certain beyond doubt that the product was finished. Now thank goodness I can go and get a cup of tea, secure in the knowledge that its future is secure, all thanks to your inciteful, technical, forward thinking and enlightened contribution. I could only marvel at the complexities of the solutions you offered, from A all the way through to B, and don't you let anyone call you a moron, because your genius is clear to me.

Or, and I paraphrase..

what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

6. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

You're welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

No probs. So are you

8. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Look, in the end it's just my opinion. I don't want to get all personal with you and start trading barbs. I really do want to love the game, I'm just ultra disappointed in many aspects. And yes, I do realise that Somerset isn't supposed to be a fast service, I kind of worded that wrong. But I can't work out why to start with I can't get over 25 to 30kph and then suddenly at another stage in the same scenario I'm hurtling along at 83kph. It doesn't make sense. And I'll always stick by my thoughts that the graphics are archaic. No physics, bump mapping specular lighting and incredibly short draw distances, along with no vibration feedback just makes it bland in my book. Hopefully eventually these things may be added. And sorry for calling you mediocre. That was uncalled for. If you and everyone else are happy with the game as it is, I'm happy for all of you and I'm sorry if my dissatisfaction upset anyone. Cheers.

9. Anthony Pecoraro

What do you mean “no physics”?!????!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

What I mean by no physics is that the trees don't sway, the cabin doesn't rock and roll on the suspension like on TS 2018, you can't derail, physical things like that. Just look at a game like World of Tanks, (on you tube if you don't play it), and there you will see a game with physics. As in, the physical environment around you reacts to what's going on and your actions. That's all. If TSW has any physics, it's very limited and pretty much non existent. I don't know if you have access to TS 2018/19, but when riding in the cab of a train in those games with an xbox controller hooked up so you also feel the vibrations as you go over the expansion joints is pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

And buddy, you can down vote the thread all you like. I couldn't give a damn if I hurt your feelings because the game is so badly lacking and the developers are a bunch of pathetic nuff nuff's who released a game they knew was terribly buggy. If you are happy with that, good on you. You're obviously easily pleased.

12. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Oh yeah, physics has only one s, not two.

13. Anthony Pecoraro

The trees do sway. Put some wind on. And the trains to sway on the tracks. Use an external and watch the suspension as you move down the track.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Ahh look, sorry if I annoyed you Symbiot. I was only teasing. Nothing personal meant by it.
    We all want the best for this product. In terms of human reactions weve quite handily demonstrated in this thread that certain actions elicit certain responses. Its probable that youll get the responses you would prefer by being more constructive (yeah that phrase annoys me too). Ultimately there is the bug reporting function.
    Lastly if you are on pc then there are various fixes available for lots of what you describe. I genuinely have none of your issues so i am indeed satisfied. Immersion and ambience etc could be better but i say that about all games.

Anyway, all water under the bridge as far as im concerned and I shouldnt have written that post really. Hopefully this will help settle those disturbed waters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

While you are more than entitled to your opinions, some of them are a bit unreasonable, even by today's standards. You're expecting too much from a game that is based on Trains.. this isn't a landscaping, life simulation. If you wanted all that, you probably should perhaps try getting into a field where you can realistically interact with all of that you feel is missing in this game. Besides, this game is still in its early stages. Where even the developers are still learning the engine the game runs on. Also being that this is still a GAME, you have to understand not everything can be simulated, some for security reason. You don't want the wrong people out here having ideas, that once they've figured out how to run a locomotive in a game that they may get the crazy idea of taking one for a ride, however, they manage to do so.

Still a title that is still catching on. And maybe you need to find something else and come back in a few years or so, and maybe this game will manage to be somewhere at the standard you expect it to be.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This thread is a car crash. Wait, hang on- train crash. There we go.
    If you don't like your job, just get a new one.
    If you're living in poverty in the worst area of Liverpool, just move to Woking.
    If you don't like the food, just starve yourself to death.
    If you don't like your parents, just get some new ones.
    If you don't like your hard-earned Ferrari, just buy a Bugatti.

For short, your comment is pointless.
    So, hang on, because somebody doesn't like the hugely broken and badly-made game called Train Sim World, we're all dumber. If you think that it's impossible to make a big game that looks good and plays good, then you might want to have a look at other game developers...

Polyphony Digital - Sony game studio. Its latest game, Gran Turismo Sport, is extremely stable and is photorealistic.

Rockstar Games - Red Dead Redemption 2. End of story.

Playground Games - Microsoft game studio. Created the Forza Horizon series, of which its latest game, Horizon 4, runs extremely well even on the very underpowered original Xbox One and looks photorealistic. They may have accidentally made one of the best open-world racing games of all time.

So, as it turns out, it isn't at all impossible for Dovetail Games to make a good game. They just choose not to. And considering that they have about half as many developers as Polyphony (200), they probably should start getting their game on.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

They DID make a great simulator!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I agree, Ive bought numerous DLC for the game and encountered scenario breaking glitches all over the place. Testing prior to release is virtually non existent. I hope they dont pay anyone for their games to be tested, there's such stupid mistakes , like the HST numbering on GWE, some of the HSTs are 44xxx and 00000, how hard can it be to make a few class 43 numbers...?!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Doomotron

So a buggy, unrealistic, optimized mess is now a simulator? Wow. Times have really changed.
    It seems that on GWE I happen to drive quite a few Warships, considering most of the HSTs I drive are Class 42s...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

How is TSW unrealistic?
    It’s optimized quite well!

21. Doomotron

TSW has very unrealistic physics. For one, I have never experienced a train in the game that moves about from side to side - virtually physics-less. And in the West Somerset Railway, going full throttle in the Class 47 (which would usually spin the wheels) has no effect and the train just accelerates like a four-wheel-drive car. For the detail side, the Class 43's ammeter still doesn't work, there are still no flashing lights and since when did the fast-line platforms at Ealing Broadway have CIS boards?

As for optimization, just looking at the console ports of the game shows that DTG took no effort in making the game run well, considering that games that have much more detail like Forza Horizon 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 run hugely better. And don't even think of saying map sizes because, yes, Train Sim World might have maps that are 50 miles long - but they're in a straight line and have horrible textures. Both the games I mentioned before have better textures and more detailed environments. The amount of graphical glitches on TSW on all versions as well as the bad framerates and bugs show that TSW is extremely badly optimized. Please take your DTG-is-God hat off for once.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Anthony Pecoraro

You are hopeless.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

TSW is poorly optimised when compared to other UE4 based games, I don't see why that's up for debate because that's how the game is at the moment, although it's better than when CSX HH was originally released, it's still poorly optimised.

Are the graphics bad? It depends how you define graphics, but on the PC with the settings adjusted correclty the game looks excellent. The consoles have issues with low resolution textures (definitly because of lazy optimisation), even in the cabs where players spend 90% of their time the textures are low resolution. So on console the graphics are below what I'd expect from a game of this generation.

Are the physics bad? By DTG's own admission they are bad, which is why they are releasing physics patches to improve the existing rollingstock. So I don't understand why anyone acts as though there are no issues with the physics, when even DTG conceeds that there are.

Do DTG release new DLC without fixing bugs in previous DLC? Yes. Again, I don't see why this is up for debate. By DTG's own admission, the PZB in RT doesn't work correctly and whilst they acknowlege that fact they also state they have no plans to correct that issue. I personally don't think that's an acceptable way for a games developer to behave, especially as they have offered no compenstation and they continue to advertise the accurate signalling as a feature of the of the RT DLC.

Is the DLC overpriced? For console players, yes it is; As I've said many times before, console players on average don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a DLC collection, the console versions are also not as good as the PC versions, so DTG would probably do well to lower the prices for the console versions of the DLC. From my point of view as PC gamer I'd say it's over priced partly because of the bugs which rarely get fixed and partly because we can't use the rollingstock across all the routes, that reduces the replayability and thus the value to user. As an example, the new LIRR DLC, if it was released for TS2019 then I could run my freight rollingstock on it as well playing the passenger scenerios; On the LIRR DLC for TSW I can't run my freight rollingstock on it, so I don't value it as much and probably won't pay full price for it. If/when the tools come out and we can use our rollingstock across all the routes, the DLC will become better value for money.

I'm really hoping we get the tools before Christmas as DTG have said, because a lot of issues, for the PC at least, will be solved by the community. They'll also increase the replayability of the game and open the door to additional content for us all (on the PC atleast) to enjoy. I'm also excited to bring some content I've been working on into TSW!

• Like Like x 4
  24. Anthony Pecoraro

Only the diesel-electric locomotive physics. The others are fine.

25. Doomotron

Anthony Pecoraro All I was trying to say, said better. Thanks Digital Draftsman.

Well, Anthony, you just found the exact reason why I hate most train enthusiasts. Well done. If it wasn't for me liking actual trains I would've left this stupid, cynical community behind ages ago. In fact, the ONLY time I have been bullied online is by a train enthusiast. Over a train. Pathetic. I'm going back to GTPlanet.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  26. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

First of all, I think the personal attacks flying back and forth in this thread are uncalled for. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, let's all be adults about that.

The DTG marketing material for Train Sim World boasts about how realistic the game is. With terms like "Feel the detail" and "accurately replicate" DTG set a very high bar for what players should expect from the game. If the game subsequently fails to live up to that expectation, it's only logical that people are disappointed.

For example, it's been more than a year since Great Western Express was released on PC. But...

- We still don't have flashing yellows, which are typical to UK railways
    - Service mode still doesn't have six car Class 166 services, despite the variety this could add to the gameplay ('pick up a 166 at OOC, drive to Paddington, hook it up to a 166 and drive to Reading')
    - No CIS*
    - Many other bugs and niggles, see the bugs forum

While I'm not saying that TSW in itself is bad (I've had a lot of fun with GWE) the things listed above do chip away the 'ultimate realism' which was claimed earlier by DTG. Maybe they should've tuned down their marketing a bit.

* I appreciate that the CIS is a complex subject, as it would need route-based dispatching ('what train is on this piece of track?') while the dispatcher currently probably works on vehicle basis ('where can the train go until it runs into something?').

However, DTG have made at least 4 routes which could use a CIS after releasing GWE, so surely they must have some sort of plan by now. And even if they do, it's unlikely that GWE will ever gain a CIS as that's simply not how DTGs business model works.

• Like Like x 6
  27. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Someone else from Liverpool! Hi! :D

28. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Other way round, you're not getting anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Doomotron

I'm actually from Kent. :D

30. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Oh :(

31. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Argument thread. Locked.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status: