Resolution On Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FallenAngel00me, Oct 11, 2022.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Something seems a little off with the image on ps5.

I've been trying out the series x version (both on a 50" 4k QLED TV) and the picture seems crisper. (Same settings, 4K, no motion blur).

Just wondering whether anyone else had played on both and experienced this?

2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Was it on the same TV using the same HDMI input ? What about sharpness? The PS5 runs TSW at 4k native like the XSX, but inexplicably runs at a much lower frame rate due to lack of optimisation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

There’s an awful shimmer of distant objects or detailed surfaces on ps5 at 4K which I can only attribute to AA settings, or lack of. Would it be this you’re experiencing at all?

4. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

No, that happens on series x too. It's almost like series x hits 4k, but ps5 doesn't and there's no upscaling to make it look crisp on a 4k display

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I have to admit it sometimes feels fuzzy when driving. But the times I’ve taken stills mid game I can see clearly it’s at 4K.
    There’s another thread discussing ps5 frame rate performance, maybe there’s a substantial difference in the way the software performs after being ported. I’ve only got the one machine so I can’t compare.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Its the same on PC. TSW looks somehow way worse then other games played on similar resolution

• Like Like x 2