North / South Wales Coastal Trains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keejw#9036, Oct 12, 2022.

1. keejw#9036

keejw#9036 New Member

Hi,
    So I already own South Wales Coastal so obviously that has the unbranded Arriva trains so I was wondering if my buy NWC will I be able to play SWC with the TFW liveries? Thank you

2. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

If you buy the newer NWC you'll have the TFW liveries but you'd have to make your own scenarios for South Wales, they won't automatically be replaced with TFW liveries.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The newer SWC uses SouthWales01 and SouthWales02 as asset folders instead of BristolCardiff and CardiffSwansea. Therefore, any trains use the trains in each folder. It is therefore impossible to use the branded trains in a scenario (as I could) and automatically convert them to the unbranded ones. What is more likely is someone patches the unbranded ones and uses that instead, requiring you to have the patch as a separate skin. This is also exactly why the 150/1 scenarios cannot be used; they use the BristolCardiff version. I intend to see what I can do to rectify this.

NWC also has a unique folder with the Arriva version instead of the two with the regular Virgin 175 and the Ghost livery 175.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I noticed the 158's still have the same "black box bug" in the side window that was present in the Arriva ones.

I prefer the Armstrong Powerhouse EP (+ dependency) and Major Wales's TfW reskin if it's for the player train, if it's just for A.I. then yeah I tend to use the latest NWC ones.

5. Cyclone

I do believe the AP 158 is exactly the same as the EP, indeed. DTG would not have the authority or inclination to edit someone else's product even if bundled into a route, like here. So don't expect any changes unless AP fixes something. My issue is the alerter not always accepting player response and bringing you to a stop without doing anything wrong; sadly, I think AP might not know how to fix it, which is odd given they have a bunch of other trains that it apparently works on, so I wonder what is different.

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

What?

The AP 158 EP is based off of the Network SouthEast Class 159 which does not suffer the window bug, it's a different model than the DTG 158 that was supplied with the Arriva Trains Wales DMU pack, the TfW NWC uses (comes bundled with) the ATW DMU's hence still bugged. I think you are confusing the 158 in the re-released NWC (which is what we are talking about here) and the AP 158 that comes with the just released HL route.

7. Cyclone

What are you referring to? Note I said "I do believe the AP 158 is exactly the same as the EP". This was even confirmed by DTG directly. If you are talking about a different one than Huddersfield, do excuse my missing that.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Just swap those trains on the NWC route for those from the SWC route with TfW liveries.
    You can run almost any train on any route.

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I've already said, we are talking about the NORTH WALES COASTAL here (clue's in the thread title) NOT Huddersfield, you brought the Huddersfield DLC into it by mentioning the AP 158, which we were not talking about, and I was referring directly to the DTG provided 158 in the NWC (TfW) which uses the same model just reskinned from the Arriva Trains Wales DMU pack which had (and still has) the window bug, the AP 158 EP is based off the NSE 159.

Please read slower, I watched one of your videos out of curiosity a long while back and I noted that you talk at 100+mph I think you may read and reply the same way too, take a breath and try again. ;)

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cyclone

Hah, I do sometimes wonder what I'm talking about in places on videos. I do really need to slow down, you're right on that. I've always talked fast, and that can be a negative in some circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I've never once had this issue with the AP 158. Which alerter? AWS or the DVD? I've got no issue with either here. You talking about the actual AP158, or the version in the Huddersfield route?

13. Cyclone

The one in the Huddersfield route specifically. You hit Q, or even click the exclamation point, and it doesn't always respond. A couple of seconds later, you're in an emergency brake despite trying to answer the alert two different ways.

By the way, the AP 158 is the one in the route. The fact that the Shift-W Master Key is there and there is an audio delay like on the AP 66 are clues of that.

14. Pookeyhead

the AP one doesn't have the issue you just highlighted,though... unless it's just something weird with your system. Has anyone else reported it happening? I'm assuming that the included one doesn't have GSM-R though, being only Regional Rail livery?

15. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

Perhaps pressing Q to quick? The manual for the AP-pack says: 1 second delay between train passing over AWS magnet and AWS warning sound occurring. The F3/F4 HUD will show the warning immediately so you must wait 1 second before trying to cancel it. I don't own the Huddersfield route but I suppose it work in the same way.

16. Cyclone

I've spoken to others who know of the issue. Not just me.
    I considered that. I was pushing Q and responding to the exclamation point multiple times within a second of hearing the alert, and it wasn't taking it. I am aware it appears on the HUD ahead of hearing it, but one would think pressing the AQS acknowledge still cancels it, so I'm not sure if that is incorrect behaviour or not. However, I do respond when I hear it and it doesn't take with multiple attempts at times, like the scripting is processing a whole bunch of other things and your potential emergency brake is considered not important.

BTW, I asked Jack about this as well (not sure if it was him or someone else), and they actually considered this bug in the scenario design because THEY encountered it. Notice no emergency brake penalties. Or wheelslip penalties. This means DTG is aware of the issue and accommodated it in the scenario design.

17. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Note that the AWS is confirmed upon RELEASE of the Q key.

18. Pookeyhead

With the AP one, or the one that comes with the route? I drove the AP158 a lot yesterday and couldn't replicate this problem.

19. Cyclone

The one that comes with Huddersfield. I may have to give the regular one a try and see if the issue replicates. Drove the 365 yesterday with no such issues. (Yes, I'm starting to get those on video, in case you were going to ask.)

20. Pookeyhead

I just tried again with the AP158, and if I tap Q really fast... it sometimes didn't cancel AWS. Someone else posted earlier about it activating on release of Q, not the activation of it. I reckon it could be something to do with switch debounce on certain keyboards. If you press it a little more leisurely instead of a quick stab, does that help? I may not have noticed as a press keys really smoothly as a result of touchtyping in real life.. not kind of hunt and peck.

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just hover over the Q key when I'm expecting an AWS Warning - quite obvious in most cases.
    Just the odd Speed Restriction catches me out

But I have not had problems on any route or traction with Cancelling the AWS

22. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Same, in fact I'm so conditioned to pressing Q I often cancel the AWS and then look at my 30 quid big yellow plunger next to my keyboard and shake my head and sigh.

• Like Like x 3
  23. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Same - glad it's not just me :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. Pookeyhead

LOL

25. Cyclone

I arch my right eyebrow, sir.